• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dick campbell and lambie known for signing the sash

Still signing **** the pope in the hello hello song

Fund raisers for oranage halls

ground sharing with rangers

always do better at celtic park than ibrox

Our most important ever game was humping celtic

I guess most favour the h*ns.Have to say i could name a few orange men lodge/flute band members in our support.Couldn't name any Hibernian walk fellas.and to be fair there is more billys bills n williams than patricks declans and john paul's in our support if we're being utterly honest.More likely to see a union jack than a tri colour

Edited by BermondseyBoy

2 cheeks of the same arse.

For years they encouraged all this bile from not only their fans, but also their players.

Then one day the tv company (with the big bucks) says its probably best if they dont do it anymore, so grudgingly the clubs say ok, but the fans arent as quick to change having been indoctrinated since birth into the hatred of the green or blue half of Glasgow.

The clubs could very easily find the muppets that still insist on singing their songs and other nonsense, and ban them for life from the ground, but they wont.

If I sang the sash at firhill, would the police treat me the same as they would a rangers fan singing it at ibrox, and ignore it?

Whilst not all of their fans are knuckledraggers, I think a lot of them can be summed up by an ex-neighbour of mine. A pleasant guy, who was retired and in general was a great person to live beside. A very likeable husband, father, and grandfather. BUT, in his 75 years as a celtic fan he never once went to ibrox to see celtic in an OF game at castle greyskull. The reason? He didnt want to give money to those "H*n ********". And his wife was protestant!!!!

Dick campbell and lambie known for signing the sash

Still signing **** the pope in the hello hello song

Fund raisers for oranage halls

ground sharing with rangers

always do better at celtic park than ibrox

Our most important ever game was humping celtic

I guess most favour the h*ns.Have to say i could name a few orange men lodge/flute band members in our support.Couldn't name any Hibernian walk fellas.and to be fair there is more billys bills n williams than patricks declans and john paul's in our support if we're being utterly honest.More likely to see a union jack than a tri colour

Heehaw to do with football, and therein lies the problem with our country. You have discussed mainly religious orientation and lumped it in with stereotypical OF misconceptions. If yer name's Billy yer a Proddy therefore a Rangers fan/or have a preference for them, if yer name's Paddy yer a Catholic therefore a Celtic fan/or have a preference for them. I'll say this, I'm not biased...I don't give a sh!te which team beats either of the Old Firm. Shame they cant both lose tomorrow.

Edited to add: It's f**k YOUR Pope....and also f**k YOUR Queen!

In answer to the OP, I once had someone threaten me with a knife when he asked me the same question, if I didn't chose one or the other I was gettin slashed. Well I didn't choose and didn't get slashed either. I echo the sentiments of others, two cheeks of the same arse, and collectively they make up the shitey arseh0le.

FTOF and all that they stand for (and this is from a guy who was the lead drummer in a flute band for 3 year in his teens...before he got a bit more sensible).

Edited by Steven H

Stupid question.

It could be asked of every football fan in Scotland, and in fact probably everybody in Scotland.

I completely agree. Do diehard Oldham fans get asked which really is their team - Man U or City?

Stuart Cosgrove once gave a round up of individual club fans in Scotland. In his piece on Partick Thistle he said the question you should never ask one of their fans "which team do you really support?"

Partick Thistle are PARTICK THISTLE. Nothing less nothing more.

Particko ergo sum ...

... I know it don't make sense but it sounds good.

But it just occurred to me that

Cogito ergo Partick-Thistle-o sum

Edited by Mr Bunny

I really, really hate this question it say's more about Scottish society than probaly any other. I don't know how much money I've spent following Thistle over the years except that it's been a sizeable part of my disposable income not to mention the disappointment's which have been legion and the inconveniences and troubles supporting Thistle have caused which are legion. What kind of muppet do people think I am when if I went to all this trouble for nothing , because I was born a Catholic and if I knew my place in the scheme of things I'd be a Celtic supporter( not like my father who is a H*n but that's another story). Incedentally, I will confess to not liking Rangers with a passion, its hard to do otherwhise when their supporters want to dance in your blood for some uknown reason. On the other hand I've been ejected from Celtic Park, for daring to remonstrate with one of the faithfull that he should not refer to his team as "the Popes eleven" especially not in front of his wee boy. But I admit it I am really a Celtic supporter, grrr!

The Blues and the Greens were now more than simply sports teams. They gained influence in military, political,[61] and theological matters, although the hypothesis that the Greens tended towards Monophysitism and the Blues represented Orthodoxy is disputed. It is now widely believed that neither of the factions had any consistent religious bias or allegiance, in spite of the fact that they operated in an environment fraught with religious controversy.[62] According to some scholars, the Blue-Green rivalry contributed to the conditions that underlay the rise of Islam, while factional enmities were exploited by the Sassanid Empire in its conflicts with the Byzantines during the century preceding Islam's advent.[63]

The Blue-Green rivalry often erupted into gang warfare, and street violence had been on the rise in the reign of Justin I, who took measures to restore order, when the gangs murdered a citizen in the Hagia Sophia.[64] Riots culminated in the Nika riots of 532 AD during the reign of Justinian, which began when the two main factions united and attempted unsuccessfully to overthrow the emperor.[65] Chariot racing seems to have declined in the course of the seventh century, with the losses the Empire suffered at the hands of the Arabs and the decline of the population and economy.[66] The Blues and Greens, deprived of any political power, were relegated to a purely ceremonial role.

Seems this rivalry's been going on forever...

I'm from a family of Rangers fans and, to my shame, I supported them until I was 10. :rolleyes: Since then, my contempt for the Ugly Sisters has grown continually. A Catholic friend was spotted by a Rangers scout. The first question was the usual "which school do you go to?" :angry:

I was delighted when my best friend, a Protestant, turned Celtic down at 16 even though he supported them. He was far better than a couple in my year who went on to play in the SPL for the Dons, Pars and the Saints. He was mix of Glavin and Shaggy - a classy midfielder with great passing ability who could score great goals. Celtic were stunned when he knocked them back. :)

Edited by kni

Why does this question get brought up, what significance does it make. to me it feels like an attempt at creating a divide in a true team like partick thistle. First off the jags are not a team which was set up to get away from the old firm. We are a true team. And like every other time ive been asked this. it shouldnt be Celtic or Rangers .. it should be Celtic, Rangers, Partick thistle or which ever f***** team you can think of. Based on that question Celtic or Rangers what are you trying to decifer. What football team i like .. Partick thistle. If the question at hand is just covering over what religion i am. i am catholic, n what.

so in answer to the question in black and white.

Partick Thistle

Is it only in Scotland that this question would be asked?

Would a fan of Seville be asked which one of Barca or Real he supported? Or a Leyton Orient fan if he preferred Arsenal or Spurs?

Maybe we should ask rangers fans who they prefer............England, Holland or Norn Ireland!!!!!!!!!!