• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dick campbell and lambie known for signing the sash

Still signing **** the pope in the hello hello song

Fund raisers for oranage halls

ground sharing with rangers

always do better at celtic park than ibrox

Our most important ever game was humping celtic.

I guess most favour the h*ns.Have to say i could name a few orange men lodge/flute band members in our support.Couldn't name any Hibernian walk fellas.and to be fair there is more billys bills n williams than patricks declans and john paul's in our support if we're being utterly honest.More likely to see a union jack than a tri colour

. Worst post on this forum in my opinion. But to give a reverse to the claims. Chic the fav player of all time for most is a Celt. We sing f*** the Queen in same song, fund raisers at Parkhead the same season. We prob have the same success v both sides. Would agree with last one tho 41/71 is def the most important score. Most kids who go to catholic schools tend to support Celtic, in mixed schools, You'll tend to see a more diverse spread, hence les catholics amongst support, I know many Williams and other forms of the name who are catholic. Also we have had more red/yellow & black tricolours at fir hill than any other flag. F T O F Edited by Gordie

I hate that question,especially when i was a taxi driver.I would actually stop the car and show them my key ring.

"thats just for show" was the usual reply.

You just cant win.

I won a few quid working in pubs when I bet punters I could prove my allegience..."go for it, tenner says you cannae!". Up wi the sleeve to reveal my tattoo, "is that just for show ya muppet?" ....OF fan, clamped!

I completely agree. Do diehard Oldham fans get asked which really is their team - Man U or City?

Stuart Cosgrove once gave a round up of individual club fans in Scotland. In his piece on Partick Thistle he said the question you should never ask one of their fans "which team do you really support?"

That's one of my pet hates. Who do you REALLY support?

NEITHER! I think we'd be a whole lot better off as a city and nation if they didn't exist. Most of the debate surrounding their match tomorrow doesn't even involve football. Sorry. I don't need that in my life.

Rangers won the league last season and i worked at response which was right next door at the time, every rangers fan in my work had gone to the game.

on a particular day, in which i had no idea rangers had just clinched the title. i wore a green and white checkered shirt.

i came out my work for lunch, took a wee trip up to subway. grabbed my usual Italian BMT, cheese, toasted, with lettuce, tomato and tomato sauce, (****** ragin new zealand dont put tomato sauce in their subways ... doesnt taste as nice)large coke and a cookie .. as you do.

Anyway walking back i saw that rangers fans were leaving ibrox at this time. Realising i was wearign a shirt of the green material, my body went into what sir alex ferguson calls "a Squeeky bum moment"

no one really took notice until these 2 guys came up to me. And that fateful question got asked to me. "What Team do you support!"

the guy looked pissed off.

i tried to use my humour and replied "is this a retorical question"

"naw!"

"well im a thistle fan"

"but your wearing a green shirt"

"im also wearing blue jeans, mate i can guarentee im a thistle fan"

"yer talkin s***e"

at which point by luck my mates who i worked with were just walkin past, came over n backed me up.

so i deteste the h*ns as much as i deteste the celts

or who's your favourite Chuckle brother.

Now there's a proper question! A question worthy of prolonged, intellectual debate and philosophical postulation. Controversial? True, but the heated argument between intelligent minds often serves to forge the shining sword of truth.

So, what's my answer?

Paul or Barry?

Barry or Paul?

I like Barry.

But I much prefer Paul.

(because Paul is tall!)

Edited by Milo

If that's what you want me to be - then fine Bunny - but you have obvious issues deeper than me Sir :(

I think it's reasonable to ask why you would prefer one side or another, whether you dislike them or not. In a poisoned and twisted city like ours, twisted nation actually (don't believe this doesn't happen in other places) saying you prefer one or another leaves you open to question. "So you prefer Rangers then? Ok, you dislike Catholics then. Aha..." Even if you don't. Maybe you do, who knows, IF you do then that's your problem and your natural home is Ibrox, but either way it's a minefield.

Preferring Celtic is maybe slightly different, but so what anyway? I'd rather discuss whether I prefer Raith Rovers to Falkirk, or Hamilton to Airdrie, or....enough please. If we all have to be blue or green then I'd rather emigrate.

Sure, we're a team in our own right without defining ourselves only against Rangers and Celtic, but being NOT The Old Firm IS part of it for me, like it is for other Jags fans, and others like us, from Morton, Stenhousemuir, Alloa, Dunfermline, St Johnstone etc etc etc.

Edited by beep0608

If that's what you want me to be - then fine Bunny - but you have obvious issues deeper than me Sir :(

You just don't get it do you? Maybe you never had the annoying experience of an OF fan pestering you about who you really support (because you just can't be a neutral with a lot of them - if you said you were a Jewish Jags supporter they'd ask if you were a Tim Jew or a H*n Jew).

But now you do know how it feels ... no - no need to thank me!

In the gym today with my Rangers shorts and my FTOF t shirt how does that suit yous ? :)

There's a clear difference from preferring one half of the old firm to the other and displaying colours, clearly you are not a Thistle fan, i'm sure you could describe yourself as a Thistle fan and a rangers fan but that's just a ridiculous notion, supporting two senior football teams? not quite sure how that works but it does show no alligiance.

The plural of you,is not yous, so i'm not really surprised.

I hate them both as passionatly as the other.

Half my family are tims, the other h*ns, half my mates are OF fans the other Jags.

I would love the pair of them to **** off down to England and let them worry about them.

And to the boy at the start of the thread with his I know more bills at Firhill than Patricks. Grow up you small minded H*n.

Its like England fans "we're so good and bigger than the rest of the home nations, they must support us when we represent her majesty in the world cup" **** off.

I hate them both as passionatly as the other.

Half my family are tims, the other h*ns, half my mates are OF fans the other Jags.

I would love the pair of them to **** off down to England and let them worry about them.

And to the boy at the start of the thread with his I know more bills at Firhill than Patricks. Grow up you small minded H*n.

Its like England fans "we're so good and bigger than the rest of the home nations, they must support us when we represent her majesty in the world cup" **** off.

too right sir.

My blood flows red n yellow And i plan to keep it that way, however doctors are worried

Im jus kidn

but really tho. The old firm take away the passion of football, Like aids taking away an immune system

i hope that statement has cleared everything up

good :)

my apologies to aids itself for comparing it to the old firm.

Edited by phoenix1876

Since our last departure from the SPL I have found myself wanting the team that's ahead in the SPL at around the turn of the year to go on and win that league. So if rangers are ahead I want to see them beat celtic in the two or three remaining league games. If celtic are ahead then vice versa.

I don't like to see the title going down to the wire, much preferring the SPL to be undermined by being effectively over as early as possible. This unfortunately is a bad season for me in that respect. :(

I detest both halves of the Old Firm, but it's not an equal hatred - I do hate Rangers more. I find their fans more offensive, I find their players more offensive, I find the club in general to be more offensive. I love it when they lose in Europe, especially to weak opponents - with Celtic it's not as funny. If this leaves me open to accusations of being a closet Celtic fan, then fine, but it's true. I have no family background of Old Firm supporting, so have no in-built sympathy for either - and I would say that, in my experience anyway, among people in a similar position, there are more people who hate Rangers more.