Are Partick Thistle

MWM

Since our last departure from the SPL I have found myself wanting the team that's ahead in the SPL at around the turn of the year to go on and win that league. So if rangers are ahead I want to see them beat celtic in the two or three remaining league games. If celtic are ahead then vice versa.

I don't like to see the title going down to the wire, much preferring the SPL to be undermined by being effectively over as early as possible. This unfortunately is a bad season for me in that respect. :(

That strikes me as a very narrow and immature way of looking at our premier league, not to mention the OF.

And I love it!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I detest both halves of the Old Firm, but it's not an equal hatred - I do hate Rangers more. I find their fans more offensive, I find their players more offensive, I find the club in general to be more offensive. I love it when they lose in Europe, especially to weak opponents - with Celtic it's not as funny. If this leaves me open to accusations of being a closet Celtic fan, then fine, but it's true. I have no family background of Old Firm supporting, so have no in-built sympathy for either - and I would say that, in my experience anyway, among people in a similar position, there are more people who hate Rangers more.

That could probably sum me up too. there's just something about Glasgow Rangers that gets my back up. Equally, I'm none too fond of Celtic either, who are in my view slightly the better of the two.Mind you it's akin to having to choose the biggest barsteward between Hitler and Mussolini, if you get my drift.

Edited by stillresigned

There's a clear difference from preferring one half of the old firm to the other and displaying colours, clearly you are not a Thistle fan, i'm sure you could describe yourself as a Thistle fan and a rangers fan but that's just a ridiculous notion, supporting two senior football teams? not quite sure how that works but it does show no alligiance.

The plural of you,is not yous, so i'm not really surprised.

Suits you Sir - I'm as much a Jagsman as yourself fella

I'm from a family of Rangers fans and, to my shame, I supported them until I was 10. :rolleyes: Since then, my contempt for the Ugly Sisters has grown continually.

Same here -

Rangers were the team chosen for me.

Thistle were the team I chose for myself.

I detest both halves of the OF equally.

:ptfc:

I detest both halves of the Old Firm, but it's not an equal hatred - I do hate Rangers more. I find their fans more offensive, I find their players more offensive, I find the club in general to be more offensive. I love it when they lose in Europe, especially to weak opponents - with Celtic it's not as funny. If this leaves me open to accusations of being a closet Celtic fan, then fine, but it's true. I have no family background of Old Firm supporting, so have no in-built sympathy for either - and I would say that, in my experience anyway, among people in a similar position, there are more people who hate Rangers more.

I kind of understand what you're saying but I also find Celtic's paranoia irritating so it's 50/50 overall for me. Anyway. Who cares? I don't. I'm a JAGS fan. First and only, aside from Scotland.

Can we please drop this one? It's way too negative for me, but carry on if you must. Hope not though. Can we not talk about our team instead?

I kind of understand what you're saying but I also find Celtic's paranoia irritating so it's 50/50 overall for me. Anyway. Who cares? I don't. I'm a JAGS fan. First and only, aside from Scotland.

Can we please drop this one? It's way too negative for me, but carry on if you must. Hope not though. Can we not talk about our team instead?

quite right sir

The Lady Isobel and Merryhell speaketh the truth as it should be spoke.

I'd love to get behind Scottish teams in Europe and beyond but it's hard to get behind teams where their supporters profess some form of allegiance outside of Scotland - it smells worse than the English superior attitude alluded to earlier with regard to the 'home nations'.

I have no allegiance to Aberdeen, Dundee United or St Mirren and I have good reason to feel animosity toward any one of them but my Scottish Pride would rise to the surface if they were playing Bayern Munich in any round of any competition (I draw that particular line at Dundee and Airdrie by the way).

Partick Thistle - the first, the last my everything and this is a ridiculous post because I'm more inclined to be a Buddy or an Arab than to find any connection with the diddy teams that play in blue or green.

(annoyed with myself now for replying to such an inane and unworthy post)

Suits you Sir - I'm as much a Jagsman as yourself fella

That's possibly something that could be debated, you'd have to further define your statement though as I only support one senior Scottish club, and would never wear the colours of any other senior Scottish club.

By the way, the famed catchphrase is actually just 'suit you sir' , not 'suits you sir'.