Lets Fill Firhill

BishyJag

OH MY GOD!!!!

The fan base requires a helluva lot more than a new forum if it's to be re-energised. It's also a pity your fresh start didn't include dropping the criticism of the fans who've chosen to spend their Saturday's elsewhere. Who are we to criticise anyone for making that very personal, and I'd imagine difficult decision? We've been saddled with an ineffectual, incompentant and downright insulting board, a team of underacheivers and various bullshit merchants masquerading as managers for more years than many of us care to remember. I don't blame people for drawing a line.

A forum should be used as a platform for discussion, taking various viewpoints into consideration. There are those who've grown tired of Firhill and their voices deserve to be heard. After all, surely digging into the root of disatisfaction of the stay away fan should be paramount, rather than turning a good ear to those who only have positive, upbeat things to say?

If people choose to stay away from Firhill then they are putting this club in danger, its as simple as that. I aint disrespecting their choice merely stating a fact. There are those who cannot make it for various reasons even tho they'd love to, but there are also those who can make it and decide to spend their Saturdays in the pub and/or in front of the telly watching other football. Again that's their choice, doesnt take away from the fact it is damaging the Club does it?

The poster I quoted, which you then quoted, has the exact attitude that I am talking about...goes to 80% of away games and never attends Firhill, aye thats the attiatude we are looking for right now :rolleyes: . I would like to get to the root of the dissatisfaction of 'stay away fans' but no matter what the reason is (crap team, not supporting the board, the place is soulless) how is staying away going to help?

NB: There is a distinct difference between 'stay away fans' and fans who have decided to spend their money on other things that they see as more productive.

Edited to add: I love the fact you have quoted my honesty in your signature :D

Edited by Steven H

[steven H on 29 April 2010 - 07:22 PM said quote]If people choose to stay away from Firhill then they are putting this club in danger, its as simple as that. I aint disrespecting their choice merely stating a fact.

It is not the people who are staying away from home games who are putting the club in danger, but the people who have been mismanaging the club for the past few years. This must have been a very difficult decision to make, for someone that I know has attended regularly for the past eighteen years. Why on earth would someone continue to pay sixteen pounds on a regular basis for something to make them miserable. This is not disloyal or being a fair weather fan, but,sadly, a sign that a lifelong fan has sadly reached the end of his tether. I am pretty sure that he is not alone in coming to this decision, I am sure plenty of others have done likewise, however it is my view that the people that should be the focus of any fan criticism are those that have created this situation rather than those who have reacted to it.