A Great Thistle Picture

Jaggernaut

I've always loved this picture by Tommy Taylor. Was just browsing through the photos on the official site, and thought that it was worth highlighting again, for no particular reason other than it never fails to rekindle my adoration of the Jags! (Also, the reference to Seve Ballesteros in the legend makes it a bit poignant.)

http://www.ptfc.co.uk/media/photo_galleries/far_from_the_magyar_crowd/2006-2007/part_two_2007-/image_010

Edited by Jaggernaut

I've always loved this picture by Tommy Taylor. Was just browsing through the photos on the official site, and thought that it was worth highlighting again, for no particular reason other than it never fails to rekindle my adoration of the Jags! (Also, the reference to Seve Ballesteros in the legend makes it a bit poignant.)

http://www.ptfc.co.uk/media/photo_galleries/far_from_the_magyar_crowd/2006-2007/part_two_2007-/image_010

Hadn't seen that text by TT before, though have seen the pic many times. Great piece of blurb from TT on the pic.

Get those ties in the club shop!

Agreed. The ties are superb.

x3 :thumbsup2:

My favourite Thistle photo (I think it was Tommy Taylor also) was the one taken just after Alex Rae got sent off for the first time at Firhill, after celebrating in front of the JH. The referee is showing Rae a red card, and there are two old guys in the background celebrating as if we had just won the European Cup. I'll need to find it again.

My favourite Thistle photo (I think it was Tommy Taylor also) was the one taken just after Alex Rae got sent off for the first time at Firhill, after celebrating in front of the JH. The referee is showing Rae a red card, and there are two old guys in the background celebrating as if we had just won the European Cup. I'll need to find it again.

That moment still brings a big grin to my face.

These great Thistle photographs should be put in a mount and sold to raise funds.The photographs in the Aitken suite,the Metz,Peterhead and the Inverness cup-tie, I am sure would bring in a lot of money.I spoke to the club a while back about this but they did not want to do it.They are your copyright Tommy,how about it.

These great Thistle photographs should be put in a mount and sold to raise funds.The photographs in the Aitken suite,the Metz,Peterhead and the Inverness cup-tie, I am sure would bring in a lot of money.I spoke to the club a while back about this but they did not want to do it.They are your copyright Tommy,how about it.

I was thinking about similar fundraising ideas. In addition to photographs, how about re-issue the 1st and 2nd division winning seasons on DVD. I never got one myself.

Love this photo as well, the guy praying is brilliant! A good idea the club selling these to raise funds, i'd def buy one.

A sale of 'Grasping The Thistle' would go down well I'm sure also! (BBC programme following our 1st division title win, for those who may have not seen it).

I got my vhs version of it transferred onto dvd last year & would be happy, if possible, to make copies & sell it, with all profits going to the club. I don't know how to do any of that though, but don't think it is that hard.

This. I'd love a copy of that pic.

That was my Belgian flag that is tied to the advertising hoarding on the right. It never made it back from Peterhead as far as I know. It was last seen around the neck of Kenny Arthur in the pitch invasion afterwards.

That one of Firhill that sits behind the desk at the Aitken Suite foyer is the one I want, a fantastic picture of the Firhill I loved....have admired it for years and would love it to be mine. Shame I couldn't afford it :lol: