Fa Cup Final

angry gaz

Is Wilko the 3rd Jag to have played in an FA Cup final ? Hansen and MoJo are the only others that I can think of.

Good question, that got me doing a bit of searching. Sandy Brown (Everton) and Alex Forsyth (Man Utd) both played their parts in the run-up to FA Cup finals but didn't feature in the Final itself.

Newcastle didn't get to an FA Cup Final when Tommy Gibb was there, but he was in the team that won the Fairs Cup. Apparently he's now living in West Lothian, having retired from his later career as a lorry driver due to back problems, and he now uses crutches to walk.

Maybe some of our much earlier players who went to Engerlund played in a final?

This link was posted on the official site, just after stoke made the final. It tells you at the bottom the list of thistle players to have played in the fa cup final

http://www.ptfc.co.uk/news/2010-2011/april_2011/congratulations_to_andy_wilkinson

That also shows that my claim about Alex Forsyth not playing for Man Utd in the Final was also wrong.

And here ends my stint as a statto.

:lol:

This link was posted on the official site, just after stoke made the final. It tells you at the bottom the list of thistle players to have played in the fa cup final

http://www.ptfc.co.uk/news/2010-2011/april_2011/congratulations_to_andy_wilkinson

It’s not a definitive list and only covers those to have played in a FA Cup Final AFTER having played for Partick Thistle.

Any omissions from the list then please let me know.

quick fire question 1. who was the last thistle player to play in the scottish cup final

quick fire question 2. who was the last thistle player to score in the scottish cup final

were they (or he) Thistle before or after they played in the final?