Pre-Season Friendlies

Smurph

You say nothing excites you about Thistle anymore, you constantly pick anything you can to call the club a joke and you seem overly willing to insult and abuse people on here. If it was anyone but a Thistle fan saying the stuff you do I think many would be a lot less tolerable with you. You are a Thistle fan aren't you?

Edit: I have used the word 'you' 9 times in this post (10 now) :blush:

When exactly have I abused people on here? I have expressed strong opinions on here when i've disagreed with certain posters, but I've never abused anyone.

It seems to be that if you express negative opinions on here, certain folk are quite quick to round on you and dismiss your posts just because they don't agree. I find it quite sad really.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When exactly have I abused people on here? I have expressed strong opinions on here when i've disagreed with certain posters, but I've never abused anyone.

It seems to be that if you express negative opinions on here, certain folk are quite quick to round on you and dismiss your posts just because they don't agree. I find it quite sad really.

You have not expressed strong opinions, you have expressed opinions strongly! See the difference?

You have called my Club an embarassment and a joke for the most futile of reasons, you have hinted at people being 'a bit simple', you have attempted to nullify posts by calling them 'a load of rubbish' and imo you have nothing constructive to say. I am asking if you are indeed a Thistle fan? The reason I am asking is because of your attitude towards the Club, and some of the fans who post on here, makes me think you may not be. As a fan I get riled when anyone criticises Thistle, but I accept there are times when it deserves it, usually that constructive criticism comes from fans who are basing it on important things and a lot of the times I agree. But you have brought nothing to the table as far as I can see, maybe I'm wrong, time will tell.

If you think I am "rounding on you" then I think you are being a tad over-sensitive, for one who is expressing opinions as strongly as you, that's quite an irony :thumbsup2:

Edited by Steven H

then I think you are being a tad over-sensitive

That's amazing hypocrisy. It really is. Also, I don't have to prove where my allegencies lie to someone over the internet who I don't even know. As for saying that I don't "bring anything to the table", well that's your opinion. If you disagree with me so much and find my opinions so offensive, then I suggest you simply don't read them in future. I'm sure there's an "ignore" feature on the forum.

Tom.

That's amazing hypocrisy. It really is. Also, I don't have to prove where my allegencies lie to someone over the internet who I don't even know. As for saying that I don't "bring anything to the table", well that's your opinion. If you disagree with me so much and find my opinions so offensive, then I suggest you simply don't read them in future. I'm sure there's an "ignore" feature on the forum.

Tom.

Tom, here's a list of what you've brought to the table. <_<

Admin, could you please advise how the Ignore feature works? I think I may wish to make use of it.

Edited by Norman

I can't decide if this guy is a wind up merchant or just a bit simple

I thought that comment was abusive but then again that's just my own strongly expressed opinion.

Some folk will think differently. Fair enough, but if you wouldn't say something face to face to someone I question why it's considered fine to stick it in print.

Tom.

Hypocrisy from you, or me? If you are meaning me, then i suggest you put the first part of that quote in, you know, the bit where I say "If you think I'm 'rounding on you'..." so that it makes sense. Also, if you mean from me,in what way is it hypocrisy? Because I think you are a bit out of order sometimes, and voiced that opinion? That aint me being sensitive in any way, it's merely expressing an opinion...not in a strong way either :P .

The ignore feature is not something I use and I have read a lot of your posts (see the link someone posted :lol: ) without commenting, but there comes a point when I can't help myself, its a horrible burden :smartass: .

You say nothing excites you about Thistle anymore, you constantly pick anything you can to call the club a joke and you seem overly willing to insult and abuse people on here. If it was anyone but a Thistle fan saying the stuff you do I think many would be a lot less tolerable with you. You are a Thistle fan aren't you?Edit: I have used the word 'you' 9 times in this post (10 now) :blush:

You have not expressed strong opinions, you have expressed opinions strongly! See the difference? You have called my Club an embarassment and a joke for the most futile of reasons, you have hinted at people being 'a bit simple', you have attempted to nullify posts by calling them 'a load of rubbish' and imo you have nothing constructive to say. I am asking if you are indeed a Thistle fan? The reason I am asking is because of your attitude towards the Club, and some of the fans who post on here, makes me think you may not be. As a fan I get riled when anyone criticises Thistle, but I accept there are times when it deserves it, usually that constructive criticism comes from fans who are basing it on important things and a lot of the times I agree. But you have brought nothing to the table as far as I can see, maybe I'm wrong, time will tell.If you think I am "rounding on you" then I think you are being a tad over-sensitive, for one who is expressing opinions as strongly as you, that's quite an irony :thumbsup2:

Tom, here's a list of what you've brought to the table. <_< Admin, could you please advise how the Ignore feature works? I think I may wish to make use of it.

Some people here need to stop getting their knickers in a twist!!!! Tom Stronach is a wind up merchant and going by the way certain people rise to the bait he's bloody good at it!!

I teach you well Grasshopper!!! :thumbsup2:

Pre seasons friendlys are drab and boring anyway (Haud on we're talking about Thistle!!) Who so ever we play will set the precedent for (IMHO) another non event of a season

Some people here need to stop getting their knickers in a twist!!!! Tom Stronach is a wind up merchant and going by the way certain people rise to the bait he's bloody good at it!!

I teach you well Grasshopper!!! :thumbsup2:

Nope, he is a bad wind up merchant, Crazy Davie is a good wind up merchant! Tom seems more like a trouble maker (whether he is being serious or TRYING to wind people up).

Where did you get your avator btw?

Edited by Steven H