Kenny Arthur

Is your rejection of him linked to the disappointment of him no longer being single McKennan?

I'd have him back, because legends ALWAYS come back...even if they're gash second time around.

I and several others thought he was gash first time round,afterall is that not why we got rid of him.Thanks but NO thanks

Would love to have him back, a very good goalie at this level (& SPL level, plus his stint in England can only have improved him). But it won't happen for 2 reasons. 1) McCall doesn't rate him. & 2) He earns far more money in League 2 than we could even get close to in the SPL. So unless McCall bactracks alot & Kenny takes a massive wage cut, he'll no be back at Firhill until he's near retiring!

Edited by 1 John Lambie

is that not why we got rid of him.

:blink:

We didn't get 'rid' of Kenny - his contract ran down during a period of managerial upheaval and he left Firhill for better things.

He's a player we should be proud of. One of a few to have graduated from the youth set up, he played an integral part in some of the most memorable moments of the past 20 years.

He left us to play at a higher level and performances saw him recruited by a promotion-chasing side.

The way he was treated on the last day of the 2006/07 season was nothing short of criminal.

Edited by The Incredible Adam Spark

We didn't get 'rid' of Kenny - his contract ran down during a period of managerial upheaval and he left Firhill for better things.

He's a player we should be proud of. One of a few to have graduated from the youth set up, he played an integral part in some of the most memorable moments of the past 20 years.

He left us to play at a higher level and performances saw him recruited by a promotion-chasing side.

The way he was treated on the last day of the 2006/07 season was nothing short of criminal.

Spot on. Long live The King

I'd take Kenny back but I still think there's maybe a few teams in League 2 or the Conference who could possibly would definitely pay more ages than we could.

^^^this^^^ :thumbsup2:

Would love to have the king back at firhill, bloody hell forget hinchie and get arthur in as player/coach ! Sady McCall don't rate him so chances of it happening are in the minus bracket :(

^^^and this^^^ :happy2:

Would love to have him back, a very good goalie at this level (& SPL level, plus his stint in England can only have improved him). But it won't happen for 2 reasons. 1) McCall doesn't rate him. & 2) He earns far more money in League 2 than we could even get close to in the SPL. So unless McCall bactracks alot & Kenny takes a massive wage cut, he'll no be back at Firhill until he's near retiring!

Can't disagree with a word of that as much as I wish I could :sad1:

Do we know for a fact that McCall doesn't rate him. From what I remember, Kenny had already left when McCall took over.

Agree 100% on the way Kenny was treated by Jimmy Bone. He might have been a hero of the '71 team but he's no hero of mine after that.

Do we know for a fact that McCall doesn't rate him. From what I remember, Kenny had already left when McCall took over.

Agree 100% on the way Kenny was treated by Jimmy Bone. He might have been a hero of the '71 team but he's no hero of mine after that.

What actually happened hear? I don't remember anything.

Would love to have the king back at firhill, bloody hell forget hinchie and get arthur in as player/coach ! Sady McCall don't rate him so chances of it happening are in the minus bracket :(

There's a lot of sentimentality being voiced on this thread imo, KA was an awrite keeper but nothing special. An all round decent guy too, but what makes anyone think he would be a better goalie coach than Hinchy? Would have him back but he's still nothing special! Tuffey, now thats a special goalie :thumbsup2:

Edited by Steven H