Jim Mcalister Signs For Accies

kni

Sadly not a chance, McAlister is away because he has a chance of SPL football.

One of the thing that sickens me is the amounts Rae can always throw at Morton no matter how much they lose per season cash wise. Second divison pay -£80,000 for Templeman, £40,000 for Russel.

This season huge losses in attendance, hospitality, fees to Irons and Assistant.

They still paid Grady and McManus a fee even though they were not contracted after the season, basically one of those fees where they dont criticise what happened at the club.

Yet they can still pay more to Weatherson than us, can spend a fortune to buy Alan Moore off Stirling Albion for around 60k which is almost a certainty.

Still pay money to put up the stand they bought off St MIrren.

Despite all this they will still pay comfortably more wages than a lot of other First Divison teams when the reality is they should have been relegated years ago. Worrying for us and a lot of other teams is that Moore is a decent Manager and with a bit of money behind him can see Morton now challenge for the top.

Guest Argus

Sadly not a chance, McAlister is away because he has a chance of SPL football.

One of the thing that sickens me is the amounts Rae can always throw at Morton no matter how much they lose per season cash wise. Second divison pay -£80,000 for Templeman, £40,000 for Russel.

This season huge losses in attendance, hospitality, fees to Irons and Assistant.

They still paid Grady and McManus a fee even though they were not contracted after the season, basically one of those fees where they dont criticise what happened at the club.

Yet they can still pay more to Weatherson than us, can spend a fortune to buy Alan Moore off Stirling Albion for around 60k which is almost a certainty.

Despite all this they will still pay comfortably more wages than a lot of other First Divison teams when the reality is they should have been relegated years ago. Worrying for us and a lot of other teams is that Moore is a decent Manager and with a bit of money behind him can see Morton now challenge for the top.

Why should it sicken you?

Surely other teams boards and fans for that matter can put as much money in as they like. What's it got to do with us?

The tendency of Thistle fans to always blame the entire world for our own misfortunes bewilders me. The mess we are in is ours to get out of.

To correct a couple of glaring inaccuracies within your post TL (there may be others but these ones I am 110% of):

McManus says sacking him and Grady was "one of the biggest mistakes the chairman has ever made" as well as various other criticisms towards Rae - printed in full technicolour in various papers including the local Greenock Telegraph

The Stand they bought from St Mirren 18 months ago has been in storage ever since - they were supposed to put it up on the Wee Dublin End last close season, but never did due to finances. It will not be put up this close season either. In fact it may never be erected at Cappielow.

Rumours are with the regeneration of Greenock and in particular areas around Cappielow, the ground may be sold in a few years time, and Morton might end up getting a stadium built for them even closer to the waterfront - if this happens the Stand they bought from St Mirren may be incorporated into this.

Edited by yoda-jag

So the stand has never stood, or was half standing when it was stood down?

Not quite sure if you are on a crazy davie type windup, or genuinely are confused, but to clarify:

It was a fully fitted and assembled stand (well, by Paisley standards) and had been in place at Love Street for (rough guesstimate) 10 years.

It was carefully deconstructed, sheet by sheet, beam by beam, stanchion by stanchion, seat by seat etcetera etcetera. Like a flatpack is much smaller than the assembled unit, the stand is much smaller than its assembled size, and is easily stored in some farmers shed or large storage unit.

Edited by yoda-jag

It was carefully deconstructed, sheet by sheet, beam by beam, stanchion by stanchion, seat by seat etcetera etcetera. Like a flatpack is much smaller than the assembled unit, the stand is much smaller than its assembled size, and is easily stored in some farmers shed

:thumbsup2:

Old MacDonald had a farm, eee-yi-eee-yi-oh

And on this farm he had a carefully deconstructed flatpack stand.

With a beam beam here and a beam beam there

Here a beam, there a beam, everywhere a beam beam

It's this kind of post that makes me glad I'm a Thistle fan. :thumbsup2:

At least we wont have to hear ""Jim ill fix it for you" this year at Crappielow. Half decent player with a half decent attitude. No thanks, next please.

Id lke a wide man whos not a complete sh*tebag thanks, makes Coco look like Maradonna IMO. but opinion isnt fact...

It's this kind of post that makes me glad I'm a Thistle fan. :thumbsup2:

Know what you mean.......although, it reminded me of some st johnstone fans we took the train with from central to mount florida for the kenny dalgleish testimonial, they were hilarious and at some point were singing a version of old macdonald, the only bit I can remember was "and on that farm he had a tractor.......... wi f**ked baffles" .

You probably had to be there but I seriously thought I was going to pee myself before I got off that train :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

You deserve a knighthood for that!!!

Woops - I mean a damehood...erm your ladyship... :confused1:

Edited by crazy davie