5. It's Crazy

6. Diss Alguem - All of Me

7. I Wanna Be Around

8. East Of The Sun

9. Bewitched,Bothered And Bewildered

10. Day By Day

11. We Are All Alone

• 3 weeks later...

Frightened Rabbit, winter of mixed drinks. just a brilliant album by a brilliant band if u ask me!

Probably my least favourite of the three, but it's still incredible. :D

Listened to Bill Wells and Aidan Moffat's album "Everything's Getting Older" today on it's day of release. I haven't heard any of Moffat's stuff post-Arab Strap, and although it's different, I do quite like it. The lyrical content differs from Arab Strap's, but there are still a few cheeky lines in it. The trio of "The Copper Top", "Glasgow Jubilee" and "(If You) Keep Me In Your Heart" are all really good songs. Although it might be a bit slow, I like Well's instrumental input, so I might have a search for more of his stuff later on. All in all, quite happy with it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bonecrusher - Followers of a brutal Calling - old school melodic oi/streetpunk/hardcore kinda stuff, or 'normal guy' music as they describe themselves. Top Class.

Blood For Blood - Outlaw Anthems - Totally mental Hardcore punk from Boston.

The Specials - Guilty 'til Proven Innocent. Totally overlooked and underrated album from the late 90s before Terry Hall rejoined. Vocals shared by Neville Staples and Roddy radiation.

Gaslight Anthem - the '59 Sound. Recommended by a mate, really not my kinda thing but fair growing oon me.

Plan B - Defamation of Strickland Banks. Stonker of an album, totally caught me by surprise, this one!

Sheer Terror - Love Songs for the Unloved. Brutal NY Hardcore punk/metal. Not for the faint hearted.

Perkele - Stories from the Past. Mindblowing antifascist Swedish oi! band. Highly recommended!

• 4 weeks later...

The Specials - Guilty 'til Proven Innocent. Totally overlooked and underrated album from the late 90s before Terry Hall rejoined. Vocals shared by Neville Staples and Roddy radiation.

Plan B - Defamation of Strickland Banks. Stonker of an album, totally caught me by surprise, this one!

Perkele - Stories from the Past. Mindblowing antifascist Swedish oi! band. Highly recommended!

Plan B!! at last a fan. I mentioned this album to a Jags fan mate at work and he looked at me as if I'd lost it! Then again, he is into Slayer and Saxon... enough said.

Agree with The Specials comment and will check out Perkele as sounds like my thing; wot wif me being an ageing skin type guy. talking of which, check out Laurel Aitken:

still gets me moving!

Plan B!! at last a fan. I mentioned this album to a Jags fan mate at work and he looked at me as if I'd lost it! Then again, he is into Slayer and Saxon... enough said.

Agree with The Specials comment and will check out Perkele as sounds like my thing; wot wif me being an ageing skin type guy. talking of which, check out Laurel Aitken:

still gets me moving!

Yeah, Perkele are great. If you like them you might also like Stage Bottles from Germany. Antifascist oi! with a brass section and crackin songs like 'Sometimes antisocial but always antifascist' How can you go wrong?

Los Fastidios from Italy and Stomper 98 - also German - are brilliant in the same vein.

But regarding Plan B, hadn't expcted to, but loved it instantly and gets better with each listen :thumbsup2:

And Laurel Aitken is the MAN! 'When a skinhead, walk down the street....' Magic!

Edited by spider jag
  • Like 1

One for every Jags fan - The Toasters : Don't Let The B******* Grind You Down:

Quite catchy IMO. But this is probably a stronger track musically: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dbcSc6kBcM&feature=related

But as I'm in a good mood and it's Friday, it has to be the MMBT - You gotta Go:

Actually saw them supporting Sum 41 yonks ago at Braehead and made a c*** of myself dancing. My weans actually walked away from me and left me to it... Cracking live band if not a bit lost on a skate punk audience.

One for every Jags fan - The Toasters : Don't Let The B******* Grind You Down:

Quite catchy IMO. But this is probably a stronger track musically: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dbcSc6kBcM&feature=related

But as I'm in a good mood and it's Friday, it has to be the MMBT - You gotta Go:

Actually saw them supporting Sum 41 yonks ago at Braehead and made a c*** of myself dancing. My weans actually walked away from me and left me to it... Cracking live band if not a bit lost on a skate punk audience.

DLTBGYD is a brilliant album. Realy like the Bosstones too biut they kind lost their way a bit recently, some brilliant earlier stuff B)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Shine 8, a compilation of fine obscure indie bands from 95/96

Candyskins, Tiger, Ruth, Bennett, Jocasta....and travis's 1st track U16 Girls a belter :thumbsup2:

U16 Girls is a fantastic song, in fact so is that album.

I'm listening to The Vertigo of Bliss by Biffy just now. Questions and Answers is great. Their new track Stingin' Belle is pretty shit though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...