New Run Out Song For Next Season

Chicofan

The Skids - 'Into the Valley' and The Piranhas - 'Tom Hark' are both great high tempo football anthem style tunes but alas, they're already common place in many other grounds.

If your looking to instill a bit of fire/passion into the players and crowd, what about this wee classic from a similar era.

Ignore the 'English Hearts' line near the end - replace with Scottish or Thistle Hearts if it ever got that far!

The Skids - 'Into the Valley' and The Piranhas - 'Tom Hark' are both great high tempo football anthem style tunes but alas, they're already common place in many other grounds.

If your looking to instill a bit of fire/passion into the players and crowd, what about this wee classic from a similar era.

Ignore the 'English Hearts' line near the end - replace with Scottish or Thistle Hearts if it ever got that far!

How weird; I was thinking of the same song!

I'm genuinely perplexed........

Are you being serious?

I love it!

Couple of snippets: The lead singer is the late Carl Wayne (died a couple of years ago), who joined The Hollies (yes, The Hollies) on a tour around 10 years ago.

And the wonderfully talented Roy Wood (founder of The Move, Wizzard, ELO) is a guest (along with Kim Wilde :love: ) on the next Status Quo tour.

Jaggernaut: the No.1 source for news of music of today!

Yes Jaggernaut I was serious :thumbsup2:

Can just picture a wee singalong to this in th JH stand...da da da dee :D

My link

I've never tried to attach a link before but here goes. The theme from the Baden Persuader is by a local jazz band called the DT6. This would be the funkiest run out music of all time.

I know these boys really well, the drummer is a lapsed jags fan. Maybe it would bring him back if we used a tune he plays on.

So, a load of old pot-boiling bollocks and not a patch on McNamara's Band. I suspect the eventual choice will be as imaginative as the rest of Mr Lance's rip-roaring gramophone record selections from years past.

Firhill's coming alive again....

Not a music man myself but anything that doesn't burst the ear drums and where you can actually talk to someone without shouting would be nice :thumbsup2:

Firhill's coming alive again....

Not a music man myself but anything that doesn't burst the ear drums and where you can actually talk to someone without shouting would be nice :thumbsup2:

Got it!

:thumbsup2:

Edited to add: Sorry, it gets a bit shouty near the end.

This one is better:

Edited by Jaggernaut

McNamara's Band would be kind of appropriate.

I never heard the tune before, but I gave it a listen and it's quite good! Here's my effort at reworking the lyrics.....I may have swiped a line or two from a Spurs version of the song, but that version was mostly crap.

Oh, his name is MacNamara, he’s the leader of the band.

And we’re the Jags supporters, we’re the finest in the land.

We go to all the home games and we go to all away.

To see the red and yellow army win most every day.

When Doolan scores, the crowd they roar and then his name do call.

And no one scores on Thistle because Foxy stops them all.

When Erskine makes a mazy run, it sure is somethin’ grand.

A credit to old Glasgow is MacNamara’s Band.

Right now we are preparing for a very swell affair

Another match at Firhill, all the Jags fans will be there

When Brian Clough* to Scotland came, he took me by the hand

Says he, “I never saw the likes of MacNamara’s Band!”

* - "Brian Clough" was the closest I could get to matching the syllables/emphasis of "General Grant"....