Craig Thomson

Jeehon

With Craig Thomson looking like he'll be sacked by Hearts for his recent behavior and means he will be on the look out for a potential new club.

Would you take him?

I believe he'd be a good option for right mid or right back with Paton staying put or pushing up, it would solve our right sided problem with a tried and tested footballer.

With Craig Thomson looking like he'll be sacked by Hearts for his recent behavior and means he will be on the look out for a potential new club.

Would you take him?

I believe he'd be a good option for right mid or right back with Paton staying put or pushing up, it would solve our right sided problem with a tried and tested footballer.

Can you honestly say that you would stand up and clap him as he came on? I don't think we want any players that we would feel uncomfortable giving our support too. I want Thistle to win, but not at any cost.

Can you honestly say that you would stand up and clap him as he came on? I don't think we want any players that we would feel uncomfortable giving our support too. I want Thistle to win, but not at any cost.

Well I'd hope he'd get a start for Thistle and didn't need to 'come on'!

I don't think his personal life should have anything to do with it, it doesn't affect the way he plays football.

What he's done has, yes, broken the rules, but I think it's something that's very minuscule when it comes to playing football.

Well I'd hope he'd get a start for Thistle and didn't need to 'come on'!

I don't think his personal life should have anything to do with it, it doesn't affect the way he plays football.

What he's done has, yes, broken the rules, but I think it's something that's very minuscule when it comes to playing football.

Well it might be miniscule to you, but I take my kid to the football and don't really want him lining up for the autograph of a convicted sex offender. I want my boy to idolise Thistle players - what should I say to him - "Good guy, good guy, good guy, paedophile, good guy...". Forget buying a calender that season with a child sex offender leering at you.

You might find he is quite an expensive buy in the end because the only people I can see going back to Firhill in this imagined scenario are you and HJ. I wouldn't give my support or money to any team employing a character like him.

Well it might be miniscule to you, but I take my kid to the football and don't really want him lining up for the autograph of a convicted sex offender. I want my boy to idolise Thistle players - what should I say to him - "Good guy, good guy, good guy, paedophile, good guy...". Forget buying a calender that season with a child sex offender leering at you.

You might find he is quite an expensive buy in the end because the only people I can see going back to Firhill in this imagined scenario are you and HJ. I wouldn't give my support or money to any team employing a character like him.

Did your son idolise Adam Strachan?

After the club came out with all this 'family friendly club' talk when the MacB deal and lowered police presence at games in the coming season was announced, how would it look if we then signing a footballer who was on the sex offenders register with a very high profile.

It would be madness from a financial point of view as crowds would reduce further, and sponsorship may be affected. We're trying to attract new fans to the club, particularly younger children who would naturally come with their parents. If you were a neutral but knew your child was interested in football, with the selection of clubs in the greater Glasgow area you'd be unlikely to bring your child to one that fielded a sex offender. On top of that, MacB pulled out of their sponsorship of Hearts, and they could easily do the same with us.

The thing is, he's best off being in a job rather than on the dole and sitting at home looking up little girls facebook pages, however I wouldn't want him with us. Of course he is never going to hang about the stadium waiting for kids before or after the game (or at least I hope he isn't that stupid), but the bad press that comes with it means I definitely wouldn't want him to sign.

Would you take him?

Simple answer.......no.

After the club came out with all this 'family friendly club' talk when the MacB deal and lowered police presence at games in the coming season was announced, how would it look if we then signing a footballer who was on the sex offenders register with a very high profile.

It would be madness from a financial point of view as crowds would reduce further, and sponsorship may be affected. We're trying to attract new fans to the club, particularly younger children who would naturally come with their parents. If you were a neutral but knew your child was interested in football, with the selection of clubs in the greater Glasgow area you'd be unlikely to bring your child to one that fielded a sex offender. On top of that, MacB pulled out of their sponsorship of Hearts, and they could easily do the same with us.

The thing is, he's best off being in a job rather than on the dole and sitting at home looking up little girls facebook pages, however I wouldn't want him with us. Of course he is never going to hang about the stadium waiting for kids before or after the game (or at least I hope he isn't that stupid), but the bad press that comes with it means I definitely wouldn't want him to sign.

Excellent post, Twinny. Thanks for taking the trouble.

It's an exemplary, reasoned, detailed and rational response to the original poster's question.

An example that other posters might care to follow.

MWM in particular.

Hit the nail on the head there mate.

The club wouldn't be so irresponsible to sign Thompson as two of the factors keeping the us alfloat (crowds, sponsorship) would be affected by this. If I was Thompson I would be looking for some professional help rather than another football club.

As for the Adam Strachan comment, his behaviour when at Firhill was nowhere near as bad as Thompsons. Yes, he acting like a wee ned by getting into trouble but his behaviour is typical of some young men growing up in Glasgow. The club hoped he would grow out of it as most people do, sadly he didn't.

Seventy posts and counting on a thread Craig Thomson Pleads Guilty To Indecent Behaviour Hearts defender placed on sex offenders register and the OP on this thread hasn't posted one single opinion. Fair to assume the OP will have read that thread yet starts a thread about whether we should sign him.

I would all the same like to believe this is not a wind up. :(

Seventy posts and counting on a thread Craig Thomson Pleads Guilty To Indecent Behaviour Hearts defender placed on sex offenders register and the OP on this thread hasn't posted one single opinion. Fair to assume the OP will have read that thread yet starts a thread about whether we should sign him.

I would all the same like to believe this is not a wind up. :(

My thoughts exactly. It must be a wind-up as the OP must know that our new sponsor, MacB, ditched Hearts over this issue. :red_card: