Almondvale

I really wouldn't mind if thistle did this for an extra 5 figure sum. It's not like the fans are going to call it that, so it doesn't matter. Much happier to have the extra money than to have the original stadium name. If they called firhill the 'citreon glasgow stadium' for three years but it paid for a £30,000 a year player for a three year contract, then it's got to be worth it in this climate, surely?

Its also exceptionally good value sponsoring Livi, don't they still have Motorola plastered all over their seats froma sponsorship deal from over a decade ago?

This could be our last Livi free season for a while :thumbdown:

I hope not. So much so I wouldn't be bothered about Airdrie coming back up if it meant avoiding a trip to Livi.

We've actually got a potentially huge sponsor deal with Microsoft if they bang their heads together and do a play on the "BING" theme...

In fact if they're looking for a new hill scene for the default desktop picture in Windows 7, I know just the thing they're after...

Edited by Woodstock Jag

:rolleyes: They could definitely paint a couple of big signs on the roof of the main stand and the JH stand, which could be seen from planes flying overhead. No need to change the name of the stadium, but the signs could bring in a modest amount of new income. Somebody ought to at least look into it, and not down on it (that will come later!)

:rolleyes: They could definitely paint a couple of big signs on the roof of the main stand and the JH stand, which could be seen from planes flying overhead. No need to change the name of the stadium, but the signs could bring in a modest amount of new income. Somebody ought to at least look into it, and not down on it (that will come later!)

I've noticed once when flying into Glasgow that B&Q had their name in masive letters on their roof, and wondered why more football clubs don't do this. I've seen Fir Park when flying in as well, not sure if I've seen any other stadia though.

Livi is one club we should never be pinching ideas from.

I had an extermely satisfying 'point and laugh' moment when I drove by the Braidwood Motors Staduim on my way home from work last night.

We'll have to become the Argoshill Stadium if you want us to sign all those SPL youngsters. Otherwise it's pub-league players, Grant. Cannae have it both ways :P

We'll have to become the Argoshill Stadium if you want us to sign all those SPL youngsters. Otherwise it's pub-league players, Grant. Cannae have it both ways :P

Or we'll play to two men and a dog as we slide down the divisions with a bunch of diddies from the juniors. But hey, that's for another thread :thumbsup2: