Question Re. Queen'S Park Friendly

I doubt anyone will know the answer to this at this juncture, but hoping someone employed by the club notices it and can advise.

I notice the St. Andrews friendly as being described as 'low key' - does this mean fans won't be able to watch it?

That's my birthday weekend and a day trip to the seaside to watch the lads would go down a treat.

Edited by The Incredible Adam Spark

What's to be unsure about?

The game at St Andrews will be the same as the QP games at Lesser Hampden. Low key with no formal entry.

It reads as if WJ thinks it'll be a normal game at Lesser Hampden, rather than like a normal game at Lesser Hampden

It reads as if WJ thinks it'll be a normal game at Lesser Hampden, rather than like a normal game at Lesser Hampden

Isn't the crucial word in my post "per"? I thought that made it clear I was referring to past games at Lesser Hampden being "low key"/"closed door" - call it what you like, and that it was inferring the same thing: that spectators could watch but it wasn't formal entry.

I doubt anyone will know the answer to this at this juncture, but hoping someone employed by the club notices it and can advise.

I notice the St. Andrews friendly as being described as 'low key' - does this mean fans won't be able to watch it?

That's my birthday weekend and a day trip to the seaside to watch the lads would go down a treat.

I would guess it would be very much like the game against Cowdenbeath at Edinburgh Uni last pre-season. Not a formal fixture but stroll in and watch. Should that change I would, of course, post on here. Maybe worth checking with the Club nearer the time in any case. They will be better placed to answer than me.

BTW can't think of anywhere better to enjoy a birthday weekened than St Andrews. Just about my favourite place in the world. If you do go - enjoy!

Isn't the crucial word in my post "per"? I thought that made it clear I was referring to past games at Lesser Hampden being "low key"/"closed door" - call it what you like, and that it was inferring the same thing: that spectators could watch but it wasn't formal entry.

I thought the same as Ronald the first time I read it, but thought not to bother. Is there any point in arguing about semantics really? For what it's worth, I had taken 'per' to mean: as is the norm.

Who cares though?

I would guess it would be very much like the game against Cowdenbeath at Edinburgh Uni last pre-season. Not a formal fixture but stroll in and watch. Should that change I would, of course, post on here. Maybe worth checking with the Club nearer the time in any case. They will be better placed to answer than me.

BTW can't think of anywhere better to enjoy a birthday weekened than St Andrews. Just about my favourite place in the world. If you do go - enjoy!

:thumbsup2:

I thought the same as Ronald the first time I read it, but thought not to bother. Is there any point in arguing about semantics really? For what it's worth, I had taken 'per' to mean: as is the norm.

Who cares though?

It's not got formal entry, as is the norm at friendlies v Queens Park at Lesser Hampden...

:thinking: That means the same thing! If I'd said "as per" would have been any clearer? The emphasis wasn't on the venue but what is meant by "low-key" in respect to friendlies.

As you say though... semantics :D

There is also a chance the game might not be in St Andrews. Our official site has the game against Thistle as 'to be arranged'.

If Thistle aren't going for a training camp in St Andrews, then I can see why they wouldn't want to go up there.

Edited to add: after going to our friendly last year at St Andrews, it's just a park really and there won't be any issues with people watching.

Edited by hoopster

What's to be unsure about?

The game at St Andrews will be the same as the QP games at Lesser Hampden. Low key with no formal entry.

Okay, so it's like dress down Friday? :blush: By the way, can anyone remember the last time we had a high-profile friendly as opposed to a low-key friendly? :P