Cup Draws

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Away to Annan in one and away to Elgin in the other to complete my set of seeing Thistle play at all Scottish senior football grounds.

was the 1st round of the challenge cup not regionalised or split between east and west sections or something or am I talking a whole loads of BS?

wouldnt mind an away day trip to annan, elgin or brechin(would have to be in the cis cup as they finished 4th in 2nd div) cos I've never been to any of their grounds, I've been to berwick but it would be a good day out, would be like a pre season away day

that just leaves cowdenbeath in the league then st mirren in the cup for all scottish stadiums to be ticked off!

was the 1st round of the challenge cup not regionalised or split between east and west sections or something or am I talking a whole loads of BS?

wouldnt mind an away day trip to annan, elgin or brechin(would have to be in the cis cup as they finished 4th in 2nd div) cos I've never been to any of their grounds, I've been to berwick but it would be a good day out, would be like a pre season away day

that just leaves cowdenbeath in the league then st mirren in the cup for all scottish stadiums to be ticked off!

The First Round is divided into two geographical zones - North-East and South-West - each of 15 clubs. In each zone, 7 ties are drawn and 1 club from each zone receives a bye to the Second Round (from which point the competition is nationwide).

I love cup draw day, anyone know what time this happens at?

Also am I right in thinking the Challenge Cup game will be on a Saturday and the League Cup game will be on a midweek?

Dynamo Dresden away and North Carolina Rail Hawks away are what I’m hoping for.

Youve seen Thistle play at new st mirren park? :unknw:

Sorry, you're right!

What I really meant to say was that this would complete my set of seeing a Thistle team play away against all senior Scottish football clubs. Hopefully we can draw St Mirren away later in the CIS or in the Scottish Cup. If I had been thinking straight a month or two ago I should have wanted St Mirren to be relegated instead of Falkirk (or Kilmarnock) as then I could have knocked their new ground off the list next season.

I am perhaps rather foolishly taking Cowdenbeath as a given. Barring Armageddon, I will be there for our first away league game against them next season. My Montrose is also rather dodgy as I have only seen Thistle play a friendly there, not a competitive fixture.

Now that I am in confession mode I have to concede that my East Stirling away game was an under 19 fixture (featuring Ricky Little etc) at Firs Park just before it was sold.

Next time i will be more careful before making any bold claims!

The OS is responding ridiculously slowly. It must mean it's coming soon.

It feels like I'm awaiting a baby, only to find it out it's going to be Clyde or Airdrie. :(

You can tell its summer when you have spent all day in work excited about the Challenge Cup Draw and you keep checking the feeshal site every half hour. Realistically there aren’t that many good draws in the west and south section is there? Away to Annan, Berwick or Ayr. I suppose Albion Rovers, Alloa or Stenhousemuir away would be half decent. Can’t think of anyone else. No doubt we will get Airdrie at home or something.

First Round Draw - Saturday, 24th July, 2010

North/East Draw

Dunfermline Athletic -v- Arbroath

Peterhead -v- Montrose

Stirling Albion -v- Falkirk

Elgin City -v- Ross County

Raith Rovers -v- Cowdenbeath

Dundee -v- Alloa Athletic

East Fife -v- Brechin City

Bye: Forfar Athletic

South/West Draw

Partick Thistle -v- Clyde