Cup Draws

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally the Alba cup sees the club loses money with attendances about 1000 to 1500. A home tie against Clyde may get us higher than 2000 and some in for hospitality as well so there is at least one plus point.

I love your optimism.

The regionalisation of the first-round of the Alba Cup - obviously designed to save clubs cash - is a real turn off, imo.

The OS is responding ridiculously slowly. It must mean it's coming soon.

It feels like I'm awaiting a baby, only to find it out it's going to be Clyde or Airdrie. :(

How cool am I?

Really, really disappointed by this. I hope the pre-season game gets cancelled, like 1 John Lambie says.

The Clyde fans will be creaming themselves at the prospect of playing their big "rivals". At least we should progress without too much trouble and it will be a good opportunity for McCall to have a look at the team he would like to start with in the opening league game.

I dont think it will be as easy as you think. Clyde have made a couple of reasonable signingsand got Willie Sawyers on a new contract plus the added edge of it being a derby means it will be far from easy

I dont think it will be as easy as you think. Clyde have made a couple of reasonable signingsand got Willie Sawyers on a new contract plus the added edge of it being a derby means it will be far from easy

Willie Sawyers is a fat sack of shit. It was mortifying to see him score against us last season. I don't expect a repeat.

Generally the Alba cup sees the club loses money with attendances about 1000 to 1500. A home tie against Clyde may get us higher than 2000 and some in for hospitality as well so there is at least one plus point.

an away tie with minimum travel is preferable to a home tie. Wonder how much we'll be out of pocket playing in this stupid competition this season?

clyde are pish, third division crap, part-time. quality and fitness wise we should beat them without fuss.

Game with nothing to gain, really. We win and we're expected to do it, we lose and they'll be casting it up for decades. At least it means the pre season friendly will be cancelled.

yeah it probably will be cancelled, it was due to be played sat 17th july, we might end up with an away day yet......