Player Sponsorship

Fawlty Towers

Hello

Just to let you know that there is a thread on this topic in the main forum. I know in the past the Nomads have sponsored a player in their own right but this season they may want to be part of the wearethistle effort to ensure that the maximum amount of money is generated by combining our efforts.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like "The Nomads" to also sponsor a player if we can. Always liked to buy a program and see our sponsorship on the occassional trips back up. Lets others know there are more of us far and wide in the world and it's not all Old Firm ex-pats out there. I've paid for wearethistle donation but would gladly give money to the nomads efforts.

Does the Nomads still have someone running the show or has this all disappered since Shuggie hung up his fez?

If there is still someone in control of a list of Nomads somewhere it may be an idea to let them know about the shirt sponsorship efforts and try to get either the Nomads sponsoring a player or get the Nomads into the main WeAreThistle efforts.

I can offer my paypal account for people to place funds in. I will place the first £20 in for "The Nomads" Thistle fans across the world (and East Lothian). Please PM me for details as I don't like putting me details on the web and we can get this ball rolling. We will aim for a player born outside Scotland to keep in with the Nomads theme.

Eager to contribute to Nomads sponsorship. Most definitely think that we should try a maintain some sort of presence despite the loss of momentum. But there is, IMO, a positive point in that the club stepped up to provide us with live text updates which negated the need for the Nomads show. Although I do miss the running comments from the Nomads!

I can offer my paypal account for people to place funds in. I will place the first £20 in for "The Nomads" Thistle fans across the world (and East Lothian). Please PM me for details as I don't like putting me details on the web and we can get this ball rolling. We will aim for a player born outside Scotland to keep in with the Nomads theme.

That seems to leave us with just Tommy Stewart unless I am mistaken.

Things are very tight for me just now but I'll see what I can do.

Yeah I wondered about the Nomad list. Haven't heard from anyone in a while.

Maybe as the season picks up we'll hear more?

But as for the player sponsorship, count me in, as soon as I get my next paycheck. :)

:thumbsup2:

Edited by Kestrel

Donations are coming in and we are at £100 now but we need a big push to get a players strip. Representation from England, Scotland, Germany, Japan and USA but nothing from areas I thought would be odds on for a Nomads shout like Middle East, Australia and New Zealand. At the end of the day England are top of the league and that must surely stick in some people's throats?

We need over £300 to sponsor a player. Come on all.

Edited by Lambies Lost Doo

Thanks Shuggie. We are building up a red and yellow momentum. Lets show everyone what we can do. Remember the more you put in the more chances you have of winning the shirt at the end of the season and also meeting the player if you can make it in person for the last game of the season.

Bump!

I need to get my spreadsheet updated with the extra money coming in but as it's pay day for a lot of people I hope we can get some more donations in for the Nomads. Lets get up to the magic number ladies and gents.

How are you doing with this?

The wearethistle forum has now raised enough for 2 players' tops so lets concentrate all efforts on getting the Nomads a player's top (at least) this season!

Edited by Fawlty Towers

We are at £180 for donations sent or promised so need an extra push to get to the magic number for the shirt. Thanks to all who have donated and thanks to those in advance who can donate some money. Remember the end of season draw will give you the chance to win the sponsored jersey and if available get to meet the player at end of season game.