Les Mottram

John Blutarsky

Will never forgive that lowlife for Tannadice.

Agreed. I worked with his son for a spell and a bigger tosser you could not meet, takin the piss out of his dads Firhill 'goal' episode was fun but that night at Tannadice was another night of shamed for big Les.

I heard from someone who knew him that he said the reason he didn't award us a pen for the tackle on Nicky Henderson was because he never gives a team 2 pens in the same match.

Well Les, the rules of the game state that if a team is fouled 5 times in the box in the same game, it is 5 penalties. Total scumbag of a guy, making up his own rules.

The playoff was his last game as a ref in this country as well.

The playoff was his last game as a ref in this country as well.

It wasn't. he did go away (japan maybe?) but came back the following season. I well remember him reffing us in a game at cappielow. I dont think I have ever heard so much abuse dished out to a ref as I did that day

It wasn't. he did go away (japan maybe?) but came back the following season. I well remember him reffing us in a game at cappielow. I dont think I have ever heard so much abuse dished out to a ref as I did that day

That's correct. The idiot was even allowed in charge of a few SPL games as well before he was eventually put out to graze.

I can forgive a ref for not giving a penalty if there is any doubt and over the years we have been given a few and had a few given against us. In this case i cannot forgive Mr Mottram for not giving one of the most blatant penalties i have ever seen. Of everyone who saw it and has spoken of it, to my knowledge Mr Mottream is the only one who thought it wasnt a penalty. Even now some 14 years later it still makes my blood boil.

I can forgive a ref for not giving a penalty if there is any doubt and over the years we have been given a few and had a few given against us. In this case i cannot forgive Mr Mottram for not giving one of the most blatant penalties i have ever seen. Of everyone who saw it and has spoken of it, to my knowledge Mr Mottream is the only one who thought it wasnt a penalty. Even now some 14 years later it still makes my blood boil.

Mottram knew it was a pen as well. He just decided not to give it because he doesn't think teams should be awarded more than one pen per game. He seems to have rewritten the rules of football to suit himself.

A total disgrace of a human being and one who cost our club millions.

Fans who complain about a decision going against their team are often fobbed off with "well, these things even out over a season". If ever there was an event to disprove this, it was the penalty denied by Mottram at Tannadice. That decision nearly destroyed Partick Thistle.

Fans who complain about a decision going against their team are often fobbed off with "well, these things even out over a season". If ever there was an event to disprove this, it was the penalty denied by Mottram at Tannadice. That decision nearly destroyed Partick Thistle.

It wasn't so much as it denied us the chance to make it 2-0 it would have killed the game stone dead no matter what Ian Cameron, having scored the first one I guess he would have taken the second, did with the penalty. Score it and it is 2-0 miss it and enough time is killed to take the game to full-time.

I wasn't at Hampden in 1979 so would be intersted to hear from those that were at both games. Was the non penalty or the disallowed goal in the semi-final the decision that hurt the most?

Edited by Tom Hosie

I wasn't at Hampden in 1979 so would be intersted to hear from those that were at both games. Was the non penalty or the disallowed goal in the semi-final the decision that hurt the most?

Both memories are too painful.... Each hurt in a quite different way, but equally.