Tuffey Latest

Inverness Caledonian Thistle have been "invited" to make a move for him. Motherwell, Hearts, Derby and Doncaster also in the frame. All gleaned from The P&J.

The article also states he becomes a free agent on 1 June, so expect to hear more about his future destination over the coming week.

Edited by The Incredible Adam Spark

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inverness Caledonian Thistle have been "invited" to make a move for him. Motherwell, Hearts, Derby and Doncaster also in the frame. All gleaned from The P&J.

The article also states he becomes a free agent on 1 June, so expect to hear more about his future destination over the coming week.

He'll go to them across the river.. or back down south

He'll go to them across the river.. or back down south

If he does cross over to the dark side there must be a reasonable possibility he'll be loaned back to us (assuming we want him) in lieu of training fees or whatever it's called.

If there's a strong chance that's on the cards it must impact on McCall signing a replacement.

I doubt this will happen but it's worth bearing in mind the possibility. It might well be in our interest he gets fixed up with a new club sooner than late on.

Doncaster and Derby were mid-table in the Championship, a better standard than the SPL. If Tuffey wants to be NI number one, those two clubs should be his first choice if first team football is on offer. As his agent has offered to ICT, it would appear that the other clubs have not made him an offer. If Ryan Esson re-signs, it could leave Tuffey out in the cold.

Maybe some of the teams in the championship are better than the SPL but teams like derby and the donnies arent! Just because attendances are bigger doesnt mean the football is any better. IMO the standard is pretty much the same and if tuffey wants to stay in scotland then playing for hibs/aberdeen wouldnt be any worse for his international prospects than playing for Leicester or Plymouth.

I used to watch Peterborough down south (given they are poor now) but I think the standard at jags is equal, well apart fae the goals they can score.

Lets face it Tuffey is a solid decent keeper, he is never going to the OF as a starter , he will go as a reserve.

For development and his International prospects he would be better goign down south to a top league 1 or lower championship team, but for us he is better to go to an SPL club as we will get some cash for training him

Lets face it Tuffey is a solid decent keeper, he is never going to the OF as a starter , he will go as a reserve.

For development and his International prospects he would be better goign down south to a top league 1 or lower championship team, but for us he is better to go to an SPL club as we will get some cash for training him

So, Inverness then.

Also heard yesterday, from a very good source, that he is Greyskull bound. Hope he is wrong even though it would mean a bit of money for the club

With emphasis on "bit". Watch Rangers - as I'm sure most other clubs would - attempt to wriggle out of paying anything approaching a fair amount. See their acquisition of Zurab Khizanishvili for past evidence of how they've exploited loopholes in the transfer system.

With emphasis on "bit". Watch Rangers - as I'm sure most other clubs would - attempt to wriggle out of paying anything approaching a fair amount. See their acquisition of Zurab Khizanishvili for past evidence of how they've exploited loopholes in the transfer system.

This is so true.

On the one hand, they (and Celtic too for that matter) bleat about the lack of competiotion in Scotland being detrimental to their European aspirations, while on the other hand they do their utmost to get the best players for the least money.

What they - and pretty much all football clubs - don't realise, is that football is not a business like other businesses. It is in the BEST interests of ALL clubs to do as much as they reasonably and realistically can do, to ensure that all other clubs be as strong as possible.

Clearly, the resources required for this objective lie overwhelmingly with the Old Firm, and the onus therefore, is upon them to do the right thing.

This is so true.

On the one hand, they (and Celtic too for that matter) bleat about the lack of competiotion in Scotland being detrimental to their European aspirations, while on the other hand they do their utmost to get the best players for the least money.

What they - and pretty much all football clubs - don't realise, is that football is not a business like other businesses. It is in the BEST interests of ALL clubs to do as much as they reasonably and realistically can do, to ensure that all other clubs be as strong as possible.

Clearly, the resources required for this objective lie overwhelmingly with the Old Firm, and the onus therefore, is upon them to do the right thing.

Can't disagree with above. I fully expect any compensation will be along the lines of one or two loaned players in lieu of cash. Player(s) Rangers don't need/want, we don't necessarily need/want and more than likely players who don't want to be at Firhill. :(

Only exception I'd make would Tuffey back on loan.

Couldn't agree more with all of the above. The OF have always ripped of other teams in Scotland, with Rangers being I think the worst offenders!

Remember Colin McAdam? I thing we got paid a couple of buts of chewing gum, a Panini sticker of Davie Dodds and two empty bottles of ginger! and he was worth millions!!!

ET reporting JT in talks with Burton Albion.

I'm not really up on English leagues but that can hardly be considered a dream move. Can it? :unsure:

That depends on whether you are Burton Albion or Johny Tuffey.

I suspect that the standard of football may be no better, but the wages are. Even in their league the sponsorship deals are much higher. For Tuffey, it would also be the chance to get noticed down south.