Jagscast - New Episode Available

jags365

not doing one?

Who goes to a pub and just sits and listens to people talk shite, No one, so who wants to download you three talking it and listen to it as they commute to work, or go to the gym.

My serious suggestion would be head to the star before or after a game and grab 3 of the old boys and recored what they have to say, it'll be funnier, educational and sadly some gems of our clubs history that will be lost one day.

So are you saying fanzines are irrelevant because its just the 'shite' people talk, written down? Or forums for that matter, where it's just people talking shite, across multiple threads?

Nobody's forcing you to listen to it, are they? Is someone standing over you with a shotgun saying 'listen or die'? No. So don't listen to it. And if you can't be positive about an attempt to do something different and engage the support, how about just shutting up and letting those who did enjoy it appreciate it.

Or better yet, go to the Star and Garter, do an audioboo with three old punters there, and put your money where your mouth is.

If anyone has a question for "Beat the Reid" or "Take it to the Bridge" it's never too early to let us know. Send either jags365 or me a PM. I think Donald is going to set up an email address for future submissions, but PM's fine for now.

Quick thanks to chapwithwings. He's given us some advice that should hopefully ensure the sound quality of future Podcasts is significantly better :thumbsup2:

So are you saying fanzines are irrelevant because its just the 'shite' people talk, written down? Or forums for that matter, where it's just people talking shite, across multiple threads?

Nobody's forcing you to listen to it, are they? Is someone standing over you with a shotgun saying 'listen or die'? No. So don't listen to it. And if you can't be positive about an attempt to do something different and engage the support, how about just shutting up and letting those who did enjoy it appreciate it.

Or better yet, go to the Star and Garter, do an audioboo with three old punters there, and put your money where your mouth is.

Yeah it is largely irrelevant if you think about it, in the grand scheme of things, having the best forum or podcasts, doesn't matter atall to the team on the pitch.

And I didn't say it was Shite people talking, I said their chat was shite.

No! nobody is forcing me to listen, which is why I listened to the first one and I didn't like it, So I don't see myself listening again.

And somebody asked my opinion on where I thought the Quality was lacking. So I gave them it and also provided a suggestion on how they could produce a worth while podcast.

Dont go getting your knickers in a Twist over it.

And I'd rather just go the the Star with a pint in my hand and listen to them with my ears and eyes seeing them get excieted and really loving the stories their telling. Anyone remember he days when we could just speak to people in real life and not need to cling onto the words of a select few and their internet names.

Yeah it is largely irrelevant if you think about it, in the grand scheme of things, having the best forum or podcasts, doesn't matter atall to the team on the pitch.

Actually, for the sake of accuracy, that's exactly what you said:

Who goes to a pub and just sits and listens to people talk shite, No one, so who wants to download you three talking it

But why let the facts get in the way of insulting people's hard work, eh?

Actually, for the sake of accuracy, that's exactly what you said:

But why let the facts get in the way of insulting people's hard work, eh?

Ok look at it again, the bit is under lined for you,

not doing one?

Then

Can you see?

I didn't call them shite, I called their chat shite.

So the point of your post?

Ok look at it again, the bit is under lined for you,

Then

Can you see?

I didn't call them shite, I called their chat shite.

So the point of your post?

Aah. Right, you've misunderstood my original post, when I was quoting you as complaing about the shite people spoke - not that shite people were speaking.

Anyway, the original point of my post - if you don't like the original Jagscasts from months ago, why not just ignore them rather than come back on, months later, when a new team are doing them, and criticise them again anyway?

Tuffey being labelled 'world class' was funny, was that 'Cowie's Call'?

Is there another one in the pipeline?, if so, when?

In all seriousness though, on feedback and what not, Munkey made a great point about getting some of the older heads involved in this.

Was either that or VBL I reckon.

To be honest we'll probably look to do a couple more to make sure we're happy with how it's all going before we ask anyone else to come in and 'guest star'(see what I did there?) or whatever.

That's my take on it all anyway, can't speak for everyone else.

Was either that or VBL I reckon.

To be honest we'll probably look to do a couple more to make sure we're happy with how it's all going before we ask anyone else to come in and 'guest star'(see what I did there?) or whatever.

That's my take on it all anyway, can't speak for everyone else.

Yes

I assume if there were more it would be in the pre-season, when the friendlies kick in? Not much to debate now, seeing as you've already done the season review.

Yes

I assume if there were more it would be in the pre-season, when the friendlies kick in? Not much to debate now, seeing as you've already done the season review.

Yeah, I'd imagine so. We'd probably be looking to do one before, say the first home friendly and then probably one before the first 'real' game with a round up of the (lack of) signings. So it'd probably be about Aug/Sept I'd advise any willing people to come forward!

Are the podcasts still available for download? I am having trouble downloading them from itunes.

The old podcasts are no longer available, unfortunately, but the new one has been so popular that we've used up all our host's bandwidth for the month. There's a temporary solution for those wanting to hear it though, who can download it from:

http://www.filefront.com/16296655/Podcast-April-2010.mp3/

• 2 months later...

We're delighted to announce that we can bring you the first matchday Jagscast of the new season. To listen in, click here

We're on the look-out for some questions for our regular features.

"Take it to the Bridge" - Ask Chris Erskine a question about anything, as long as it's got absolutely nothing to do with football. We'll take the best questions and put them to the Big Bird himself.

"Beat the Reid" - Come up with a Thistle trivia question that you think will outfox Club Historian Robert Reid. Anyone successful will win the coveted title "Reid the Baw" and may receive a mystery prize!

To enter questions, you can reply to this thread, or email [email protected].

We are also looking forward to a potential series of exclusive interviews with long-standing Jags fan Alan Dickson, telling some of his remarkable tales following Thistle and Scotland over the years. Keep your eyes peeled for the next Jagscast!

Cracking guest due, later next week.

Guaranteed some excellent stories. One for the older fans I'm sure.

We are also looking forward to a potential series of exclusive interviews with long-standing Jags fan Alan Dickson, telling some of his remarkable tales following Thistle and Scotland over the years. Keep your eyes peeled for the next Jagscast!

Brilliant news.

Good on the folks who do the JagsCast for accepting this request. Should be some excellent stories from back in the day. :D

Brilliant news.

Good on the folks who do the JagsCast for accepting this request. Should be some excellent stories from back in the day. :D

The plan is that the interviews are going to be recorded in the Star and Garter to get the full benefit of the atmosphere, and serialise the stories to give us something new every week for people to listen to. Should help gee up the listeners with his tales of yesteryear.

The plan is that the interviews are going to be recorded in the Star and Garter to get the full benefit of the atmosphere, and serialise the stories to give us something new every week for people to listen to. Should help gee up the listeners with his tales of yesteryear.

That was the plan yesterday was it not? but left it because, even though the Star wasn't that busy it was still a bit too loud. The plan is to do it later in the week, when it is quieter?, which would be best.