Gypos Possible Move To Ek

jaggy

As a resident of East Kilbride I can see the pros and cons of Clyde moving here. The pros would be that EK Thistle who have been struggling would get a bit of money from the gypos moving in and that it would be a pretty good away day for the 3rd division as there are tonnes of pubs in that area. The problems would be the area its actually in for parking and the fact that the Showpark is an absolute dump, it will need a bit of work before an SFL side plays there nevermind if they get drawn against one of the ugly sisters in the cup.

Why should they piss off? They don't want to play at Broadwood due to the demands of the council who own it. If they can get move somewhere else and at a cheaper price what should stop them?

And why do you care? How many Clyde games will you be attending?

Touchy!!! I don't want them anywhere near my town. If you care that much would you have them in your part of Glasgow? That's where they belong after all (and before you say anything part of Shawfield was always inside the Glasgow boundary)

If EK ever gets a senior team I would prefer it to be a new team with East Kilbride in its name, not a team who moved to Cumbernauld, got a stadium built for them to play in & refused to incorporate the name of the town in its name.

The only beneficiaries from this would be a few pubs in the village

Any reason why they couldn't go back to Shawfield? The stadium is still there afterall

Only one side of the ground is inhabitable, behind one goal has been knocked down and is just a couple of portacabons and kennels, the other 2 sides look like they are on the verge of collapse.

And even the inhabitable bit would be no good for football, a wee tiny stand then a sort of large paved area at the bottom, a couple of random bits of building work added in for a cafe and a bookies bit.

You could say it's gone to the dogs.

Touchy!!! I don't want them anywhere near my town. If you care that much would you have them in your part of Glasgow? That's where they belong after all (and before you say anything part of Shawfield was always inside the Glasgow boundary)

If EK ever gets a senior team I would prefer it to be a new team with East Kilbride in its name, not a team who moved to Cumbernauld, got a stadium built for them to play in & refused to incorporate the name of the town in its name.

The only beneficiaries from this would be a few pubs in the village

I wouldn't mind if they played at Scotstoun. It would make no difference to me at all.

Only one side of the ground is inhabitable, behind one goal has been knocked down and is just a couple of portacabons and kennels, the other 2 sides look like they are on the verge of collapse.

And even the inhabitable bit would be no good for football, a wee tiny stand then a sort of large paved area at the bottom, a couple of random bits of building work added in for a cafe and a bookies bit.

Sounds more than good enough for them.

You could say it's gone to the dogs.

On top of all that, when Shawfield was reopened after being closed down ready for demolition, a Speedway track was cut to the inside of the dog track. As a result, the grass bit in the middle is not big enough for a football pitch. That's my recollection, at least, of the reason why they never moved back.

On the original point, Clyde should have looked to move to EK in the first instance as it was a Clyde 'area' to a degree due to the Rutherglen/Polmadie/Oatlands overspill mainly moving up there.

As has been said perhaps this is an opening gambit to improve their bargaining position to force NLC into concessions about their current home - in which case they are to be applauded. I suspect that they would not greatly increase their support as EK falls handily into the "gruesomes'" sphere of bad influence.

Any reason why they couldn't go back to Shawfield? The stadium is still there afterall

I work next to shawfield its a total dump these days. The terracing thats still there is big but would need a lot of money spent on it to make it safe for fans and the main stand is falling apart. Would probably be cheaper bringing Cathkin park up to standard!

I wouldn't mind if they played at Scotstoun. It would make no difference to me at all.

Scotstoun would also be my favoured option - all those caravans, clothes peg selling urchins, ponies and stray lurchers terrorising the locals spaniels would do it for me. Think this might also upset some on this DG who have flats overlooking this fine sporting stadium. Woodstock Jag will probably be oiling the family blunderbuss as we speak! I mean, what could this do to property prices and would the Warriors cars ever be safe!

Wasn't there some hoo-hah about a fitba stadium being built near Calderglen?

They could always come back to Firhill. :lol: In for a penny, in for a pound. Drowning together as the game circles the drain. Kind of romantic. ;)

i'm no holding hands with a gypo as we go down the gurgler!

good luck to them if they do decide to slum it up in EK as i think its part of their plans anyway - could always rename it dale farm :thumbsup2: