Glasgow Warriors Voucher On The Season Ticket

Guy Incognito

A wee bit of help needed here, lads. As all you fellow season ticket holders will know, there is a voucher at the back of the season ticket book that entitles the holder to one ticket for the 1872 Cup game against against Edinburgh. If last year's Crimbo telly was anything to go by then I will be thoroughly bored rigid by the time the match comes around, so I thought I would pop along this year for a bit of post-Christmas excitement(plus it will probably be the last chance for a long time to consume beer at Firhill whilst watching a live sports match).

Apparently the voucher must be exchanged for a ticket before 31st October (maybe it then turns in to a pumpkin, I don't know). Does anyone know where I would go to exchange the voucher? The nearest Greaves Sports store, perhaps?

Cheers in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Any update to this?

I was told by the Warriers that a form would appear on the Thistle website - that was the last week in October.

Since then, no form and no update on the Warriers site.

Phoned the club - Robert Reid answered the phone but didn't know what I was on about. He's taken a message, but I don't expect a call back based on previous experiences.

Now wondering if it will just be a case of handing in the voucher at the gate......

Any update to this?

I was told by the Warriers that a form would appear on the Thistle website - that was the last week in October.

Since then, no form and no update on the Warriers site.

Phoned the club - Robert Reid answered the phone but didn't know what I was on about. He's taken a message, but I don't expect a call back based on previous experiences.

Now wondering if it will just be a case of handing in the voucher at the gate......

I emailed the Warriors a few weeks back. Apparently they are still waiting for the date of the game to be confirmed (something to do with the TV coverage). They told me that there would be an announcement on Thistle's website once this has been sorted.

The game is on 1st of January 2012 with a 5:30 pm start. I won't be going as I expect to be nursing a considerably large hangover at that time. But, never mind, I can still watch it, as it is being broadcast live on BBC Alba.

Now......where's that Gaelic dictionary?..................what's the Gaelic for "rucking and mauling"?

• 3 weeks later...

Spoke to the Warriors yesterday - apparently the deadline for exchanging vouchers for tickets for the game on 1st January is this Friday.

Was told Thistle were supposed to inform all season ticket holders last month. Unless I've missed something (which I don't think I have) this communication has not been forthcoming.

Poor show from both parties - best part of 2 months phoning and not a straight answer until 2 weeks before the game..

Spoke to the Warriors yesterday - apparently the deadline for exchanging vouchers for tickets for the game on 1st January is this Friday.

Was told Thistle were supposed to inform all season ticket holders last month. Unless I've missed something (which I don't think I have) this communication has not been forthcoming.

Poor show from both parties - best part of 2 months phoning and not a straight answer until 2 weeks before the game..

I have definitely had no contact from Thistle (who have my email address). Nor has their been anything regarding this game posted on the official website, which is even more disappointing.

I just hope there is a decent James Bond film or something on the box on Ne'erday. :(

Guys, the Club are waiting on a response from the warriors. I've just spoken to maxi and they defo haven't been in touch with the Club in regards to tickets. As soon as we know anything we will update the club site. If the date is Friday we will obv look to get this extended!!

• 2 weeks later...