Twitter

Dark Passenger

This is nonsense, twitter had nothing to do with us being mince yesterday, bad tactics, lack of fight and poor management on the day did.

These guys have a life outside the club and should be allowed to, unless the forum pc brigade decide they shouldnt, when we were doing alright people were happy that conrad etc were tweeting on how the game had went etc.

Get a Grip

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, just so I can be clear on this, people do not believe that posting the following picture on Twitter would contravene the social media policy of a family football club?

Culter preparation

Oh good god you are right, I take it all back. MY EYES! MY EYES! I am so offended. I am particularly offended on behalf of other people that could potentially see it and be offended. There is nothing more offensive than a bunch of young guys playing a childish prank on each other, particularly when it is done using shaving foam.

Does your employers tell you what you can and cant post on twitter, facebook, HERE?

My employer has a social media policy, yes. If I posted something that it deemed unacceptable then I'd expect to be hauled over the coals for it.

As I've said, the topic presents two scenarios - blanket ban or restrained use. A player tweeting about how he 'enjoyed the game' or 'wishes to thank the fans for their support' or even 'think their was an overreaction to yesterday's result' is completely different to posting a picture of a knob while wearing club attire.

My employer has a social media policy, yes. If I posted something that it deemed unacceptable then I'd expect to be hauled over the coals for it.

As I've said, the topic presents two scenarios - blanket ban or restrained use. A player tweeting about how he 'enjoyed the game' or 'wishes to thank the fans for their support' or even 'think their was an overreaction to yesterday's result' is completely different to posting a picture of a knob while wearing club attire.

This whole sanitisation of the game is one of the reasons its dying, if the players cant be characters off the park and express themselves what chance do they have of doing it on the park.

What they did in the picture is nothing more than you would find in any factory up and down the country, its tom foolery nothing else

you should change your user name to *massive over reaction* it would suit your thread/posts better :thumbsup2:;)

As long as their not tweeting when they are meant to be training or playing i dont see what the problem is, these guys have lives away from their jobs like everyone else

This.

Even if they get up to shenanigans with their team-mates when not training, I don't see how that affects their performance on the pitch. When I'm on my lunchbreak or after work I'd sometimes do daft things with my mates, but I don't think it affects my ability in my job.

This.

Even if they get up to shenanigans with their team-mates when not training, I don't see how that affects their performance on the pitch. When I'm on my lunchbreak or after work I'd sometimes do daft things with my mates, but I don't think it affects my ability in my job.

Exactly and Dark Passenger if you don't like their tweets stop following them on twitter

This type of thread is exactly why I can't be arsed with this forum any more. If we'd have won Twittergate would be nowhere to be seen. The players by all accounts were shite yesterday and should be ashamed of themselves. The fact they may choose to have a laugh now and again has **** all to do with that.. get a grip of yourself.

Nice of you to drop by and set the world to rights. Again. :P:D

This whole sanitisation of the game is one of the reasons its dying, if the players cant be characters off the park and express themselves what chance do they have of doing it on the park.

What they did in the picture is nothing more than you would find in any factory up and down the country, its tom foolery nothing else

Very true. However, you never know with these things. Storms brew quite quickly in teacups.

I really wonder how some people get through life every day.

What if you want to go to the science centre in glasgow? I mean, the centre is fun, informative and very educational........but wait...........OH MY GOD.............the tower next to it......it.........looks like a huge...........phallus! :o :o :o

And don't get me started on Blackpool and Paris. Filthy swines!

If this was done in an office or factory P45 would be the result.Excuses about it being a bit of fun would not be accepted.They are

bringing the club into disrepute.

I really wonder how some people get through life every day.

What if you want to go to the science centre in glasgow? I mean, the centre is fun, informative and very educational........but wait...........OH MY GOD.............the tower next to it......it.........looks like a huge...........phallus! :o :o :o

And don't get me started on Blackpool and Paris. Filthy swines!

But it's not just the visual. I've heard Willie Collum being referred to as a wee *****. :thinking: Yeh, OK, that may not be the best example.

If this had been players from certain other Glasgow teams and had appeared on the back page of the Daily Retard, I would confidently predict that many of those defending the actions would have opinions which would make those already expressed in this thread somewhat hypocritical. It's not the joke I have a problem with, it's that it's in the public domain by people representing something I love and I do have a problem with that. No problem for me if they hadn't being wearing the colours.

By the way, being 400 miles away doesn't make yesterday debacle any easier to take!

If this was done in an office or factory P45 would be the result.Excuses about it being a bit of fun would not be accepted.They are

bringing the club into disrepute.

It maybe wouldn't go that far but if most people did something like that at their workplace and then posted it on a social network site I expect they would be reprimanded for it.

Imagine the self-righteous outcry if a couple of policemen, or hospital doctors, posted a similar picture taken at their place of work; and polismen and doctors are entitled to have a laugh too (and the picture is admittedly quite funny, although perhaps not for the poor sod who owns the car!).