Twitter

Dark Passenger

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you for real?

Ridicolous I know, but there are new laws out about this sort of thing and you have to watch what the hell you are saying. Im in a line of work where as boss I have to be careful about all of this.

I can get done for making a funny comment that someone has overheard, even if its nothing to with them.

Its PC gone absolutely tits.

It maybe wouldn't go that far but if most people did something like that at their workplace and then posted it on a social network site I expect they would be reprimanded for it.

Imagine the self-righteous outcry if a couple of policemen, or hospital doctors, posted a similar picture taken at their place of work; and polismen and doctors are entitled to have a laugh too (and the picture is admittedly quite funny, although perhaps not for the poor sod who owns the car!).

Its ALL to do with data protection. You cant fart loudly nowadays!!!!

Maybe the players could calm down on their Monday drinking sessions while they are going through this rough patch ;)

Overall interaction with fans is a good idea, especially when things are going ok. During a poor period of form it leaves them open for further criticism.

I hope they are tweeting about extra training sessions and being too tired to go out for the next couple of weeks B)

Ridicolous I know, but there are new laws out about this sort of thing and you have to watch what the hell you are saying. Im in a line of work where as boss I have to be careful about all of this.

I can get done for making a funny comment that someone has overheard, even if its nothing to with them.

Its PC gone absolutely tits.

This has absolutely nothing to do with political correctness. Of course people have to be careful about what they do or say on social networking sites, but the players on Twitter haven't done anything wrong! It's as simple as that.

I see the online presence of some of our players becoming a real talking point if performances don't pick up. Indeed, their tweets have already become the subject of scrutiny following yesterday's shameful result.

I don't think for a minute that footballers didn't dick about pre-social media, but exposing every dressing room jape (and there seems to be a lot of them) is going to backfire when you don't produce the goods on the park and lead to fans questioning the players' professionalism.

Should the players be banned from using Twitter, or accepting fans as friends on Facebook, or should the club create and enforce a Twitter policy that limits what the players can release into the worldwide web?

SERIOUSLY - GROWN UP AND STOP POSTING CRAP LIKE THIS ON THE FORUM.

I see the online presence of some of our players becoming a real talking point if performances don't pick up. Indeed, their tweets have already become the subject of scrutiny following yesterday's shameful result.

I don't think for a minute that footballers didn't dick about pre-social media, but exposing every dressing room jape (and there seems to be a lot of them) is going to backfire when you don't produce the goods on the park and lead to fans questioning the players' professionalism.

Should the players be banned from using Twitter, or accepting fans as friends on Facebook, or should the club create and enforce a Twitter policy that limits what the players can release into the worldwide web?

No.

But it's clear that your PC should be confiscated forthwith on the basis of your postings over the last 24 hours.

He also doesn't understand that our fans have come to expect underperformance and embarrassment when equals like livingston and ross ocunty can expect comprehensive wins and overperformance. Does hutton really think one each with people who aren't even footballers is Partick Thistle's standard? He probably thinks that, coming from Rangers. He's not done anything in his games yet anyway, so he can piss off.

if we had been wearing clothes which represented our employers we would face disciplinary action.

This to me is the nub of it. Have a laugh, do as you want, but when you are in kit you're representing the club. If the Club doesn't have an online policy it should probably have one - there's nothing too bad about the photo, but the potential is there. Someone should probably also sit the boys down for half an hour and explain that unguarded personal tweets could have a detrimental effect on their careers if they happen to say something politically unacceptable. They should also be careful of accepting random fans - the difference between telling a sex joke to a mate at work and a young female fan is significant, but not everyone is savvy enough to be able to control who sees what online. It's all common sense, but it is something that we all have to think about more and more now - how many of us regret something we've posted on social media (or even what someone else has posted on your page) that has been seen by employers, clients or family? Everyone everywhere is learning the hard way nowadays and I don't expect Partick Thistle FC to be world leaders on media presentation, particularly young players. It's just another thing for them to be aware of. That doesn't mean being a boring stiff about everything. It's just being a bit more aware of what is acceptable in what context. That's part of being an adult.

On another point, I have also noticed that the Club's tableclothes do not always reach the floor, exposing a portion of table leg. Such overtly suggestive behaviour by the Club is simply unacceptable, particularly when minors or ladies may be present. I also hold the Club responsible for the highly agitated state in which I currently find myself.

Hutton is a young guy who has little appreciation for the traditions of Partick Thistle so I'm not going to get my knickers in a twist over his opinion. However, if he's so passionate about the treatment of his team-mates, I wonder why he didn't see fit to travel with the squad to show some support. :thinking:

He also doesn't understand that our fans have come to expect underperformance and embarrassment when equals like livingston and ross ocunty can expect comprehensive wins and overperformance. Does hutton really think one each with people who aren't even footballers is Partick Thistle's standard? He probably thinks that, coming from Rangers. He's not done anything in his games yet anyway, so he can piss off.

That's not entirely true is it? He's looked like the classiest player on the pitch in quite a few games he's played. His comments might be a bit ill-advised and he probably should have sayed shtoom (even though I agree with his comments), but to criticise his performances, which have largely been excellent, is a bit silly.

That's not entirely true is it? He's looked like the classiest player on the pitch in quite a few games he's played. His comments might be a bit ill-advised and he probably should have sayed shtoom (even though I agree with his comments), but to criticise his performances, which have largely been excellent, is a bit silly.

I saw him play one excellent match, then several very average ones. Maybe he's been brought down to the level of the rest of them, or is uninterested now because he's offski soon.