Twitter

Dark Passenger

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leaving the sectarian stuff to one side, will Hutton be brave enough to criticise the Rangers support online the next time the get on the players' backs and/or brand them idiots? I very much doubt it.

I could handle someone like Balatoni or Rowson responding (players who were either directly or indirectly angered by the comments), but not one who didn't play, didn't travel and has already expressed his desire to return to his parent club tout de suite.

I was fretting over the way the team would respond to the loss of someone who was a real infulence in his first few games, but now I couldn't care whether or not I saw him in a Thistle shirt again.

Edited by Dark Passenger

That's not entirely true is it? He's looked like the classiest player on the pitch in quite a few games he's played. His comments might be a bit ill-advised and he probably should have sayed shtoom (even though I agree with his comments), but to criticise his performances, which have largely been excellent, is a bit silly.

Maybe at sideways passes.

With possibly the exception of the 5-0 Morton game I don't know one other game he has been excellent in.

He has been no where near as influential as Cairney.

I see the online presence of some of our players becoming a real talking point if performances don't pick up. Indeed, their tweets have already become the subject of scrutiny following yesterday's shameful result.

I don't think for a minute that footballers didn't dick about pre-social media, but exposing every dressing room jape (and there seems to be a lot of them) is going to backfire when you don't produce the goods on the park and lead to fans questioning the players' professionalism.

Should the players be banned from using Twitter, or accepting fans as friends on Facebook, or should the club create and enforce a Twitter policy that limits what the players can release into the worldwide web?

[/quot

Bloody hell what next? ground them for a week? send them to bed without any dinner??

Haven't read the whole thread because I couldn't be arsed but I saw the first page, and saw the term 'family club' being trotted out again and again.

I'm all for the next generation of potential Jags fans being made welcome at Firhill, but I think some people want to completely dilute the enjoyment of going to the football in the quest to uphold an image as a 'family club'.

If it becomes so boring then these kids who are loving it at age 8-12 will soon become 15 and realise that they are bored out their brains, decide that it's pish and they are off to find a better tear elsewhere. The counter-productivity of the Family Club.

Haven't read the whole thread because I couldn't be arsed but I saw the first page, and saw the term 'family club' being trotted out again and again.

I'm all for the next generation of potential Jags fans being made welcome at Firhill, but I think some people want to completely dilute the enjoyment of going to the football in the quest to uphold an image as a 'family club'.

If it becomes so boring then these kids who are loving it at age 8-12 will soon become 15 and realise that they are bored out their brains, decide that it's pish and they are off to find a better tear elsewhere. The counter-productivity of the Family Club.

If only that had happened to me!