Vuvuzelas Doing My Head In

KAWB

You knew it would come up, talk of them getting banned. :P

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8737455.stm

I heard that interview and, in fairness, I think the guy was being diplomatic in response to the question when really he should have told the interviewer to piss off.

The World Cup's being held in South Africa, and that's the way that the South Africans choose to generate an atmosphere, so good luck to them.

Can't deny that it's an annoying racket, but for us to seek to impose what we regard as "proper" football supporting behaviour in preference to their's smacks of colonialism.

I really like the vuvuzelas.

I'm with our old pal Sepp Blatter:

"Vuvuzelas, drums and singing are part of African football culture. It is part of their celebration, it is part of their culture, so let them blow the vuvuzelas."

It's Africa's World Cup; go for it ya crazy crowd of mentalists.

It's really annoying all those tosser commentators, which is good, and just about drowned out the Engerland fans, which is splendid.

VZZZZZ VZZZZ VZZZZZZZZZ VZZZZZ VZZZZ VZZZZZZZZZ VZZZZZ VZZZZ VZZZZZZZZZ VZZZZZ VZZZZ VZZZZZZZZZ VZZZZZ VZZZZ VZZZZZZZZZ

VZZZZZ VZZZZ VZZZZZZZZZ VZZZZZ VZZZZ VZZZZZZZZZ VZZZZZ VZZZZ VZZZZZZZZZ VZZZZZ VZZZZ VZZZZZZZZZ VZZZZZ VZZZZ VZZZZZZZZZ

p.s. anyone managed to stop laughing yet at young Mr Green's glorious fumble?

I'm with our old pal Sepp Blatter:

"Vuvuzelas, drums and singing are part of African football culture. It is part of their celebration, it is part of their culture, so let them blow the vuvuzelas."

How can a cheap piece of plastic made in China that wasn't even used in South Africa 10 years ago be part of the South African "culture"?

It's just f***ing annoying, that's what it is...

I am really p'ed off. I send my £2 a month to feed a starving African child and all he does is go and blow it on an F'ing trumpet!!!

As for these things being part of African culture, was it not the Aztecs or Myans who used to kick a dead mans head around as a crude form of football. Going by Sepp Bladdered's argument then that should be acceptable too.

Edited by 231071

LOL maybe that gubbing will quieten down the horrible noise of these things.

Who wants to listen to crowds singing, reacting to the action on the pitch, BUILDING AN EFFING ATMOSPHERE when we can just have a constant irritating drone for ninety minutes?

This tournament has been dire so far and these ersetrumpets are only contributing to the butthurt.