Jags On The Up Next Season

SirJohnLambie

Considering how unpredictable the 1st division is I don't know how Cowan can be confident of us challenging as much as some Jags fans can be confident that we'll be battling relegation.

You only need to look at Ross County going into the last day of last season with a chance of being relegated and this season mounting a decent challenge along with making a cup final to see it's utterly pointless predicting next season. If you have a look at Pie and Bovril there was plenty of posters who reckoned that Morton would be challenging which either shows that the league is unpredictable or a lot of P&B posters aren't the brightest.

As I posted on the jagsforum, the BoD have effectively lied to us regarding the £1M from propco that went to pay off some of the debt freeing up money for the playing budget.

Sold down the river by these clowns again.

Yup, for a few years now we are operating with roughly £200k losses each year, Propco was said to bring that figure down to roughly -£50k per annum. Now Im not saying we should go all out and use the £150k we have saved in losses but surely we could use some of it to at least ensure the playing budget remains the same. We need a pacey centre half, a goalie (more likely 2) and a right midfielder; we could also do with a decent leftback/wingback and a goalscorer. Without these players we wont win the league and the only way we'll get promoted is if league reconstruction comes into effect at the end of next season, even then we'd need Doncaster to move from the suggested 14 team top league because realistically 4th place might just be as far as we can go next season.

I've really been trying to be optimistic about next year, but when you see it all down in b&w like that, it really does look a bit ridiculous. Was saying to someone at the weekend that the thing I'm most looking forward too is playing some different teams in the pre-season. I hadn't thought that was all that funny before either!

Yup, for a few years now we are operating with roughly £200k losses each year, Propco was said to bring that figure down to roughly -£50k per annum. Now Im not saying we should go all out and use the £150k we have saved in losses but surely we could use some of it to at least ensure the playing budget remains the same. We need a pacey centre half, a goalie (more likely 2) and a right midfielder; we could also do with a decent leftback/wingback and a goalscorer. Without these players we wont win the league and the only way we'll get promoted is if league reconstruction comes into effect at the end of next season, even then we'd need Doncaster to move from the suggested 14 team top league because realistically 4th place might just be as far as we can go next season.

That doesn't look right. PropCo was supposed to bring down interest payments *by* £80kpa or so IIRC.

That doesn't look right. PropCo was supposed to bring down interest payments *by* £80kpa or so IIRC.

Seriously :o ? Whats the point then? I understood it that our debt would now be reduced from £1.72m to £720k, thats a reduction of roughly 60/65% yet interest payments are only reduced by roughly 35/40%? Im assuming (or have been led to believe) that all of our losses were a result of the interest we were paying on the monies owed to the bank, if this is the case then surely something doesnt add up. Are we still likely to be losing somewhere in the region of £120kpa then?

Edited by Jagnificent

Seriously :o ? Whats the point then? I understood it that our debt would now be reduced from £1.72m to £720k, thats a reduction of roughly 60/65% yet interest payments are only reduced by roughly 35/40%? Im assuming (or have been led to believe) that all of our losses were a result of the interest we were paying on the monies owed to the bank, if this is the case then surely something doesnt add up. Are we still likely to be losing somewhere in the region of £120kpa then?

To be honest, the situation is pretty much as was highlighted at the club AGM. The deal does reduce our interest payments but it was flagged that this was being offset (or as it would now appear, more than offset) by reductions in other income, principally gate receipts. Nothing has happened since then to increase the gates (quite the opposite, in fact) so this only represents a confirmation of what we've been told earlier

If anything, you could say that the PropCo money is helping to stop any deeper cuts having to be made at this point in time. And heaven help us if the Glasgow Warriors suffer from wanderlust.

I would fully expect that in the absence of any improvements in gate receipts next year that we will drift towards a situation where full time contracts will be replaced by part timers and/or cheaper youngsters as the current round of contracts expire.

To be honest, the situation is pretty much as was highlighted at the club AGM. The deal does reduce our interest payments but it was flagged that this was being offset (or as it would now appear, more than offset) by reductions in other income, principally gate receipts. Nothing has happened since then to increase the gates (quite the opposite, in fact) so this only represents a confirmation of what we've been told earlier

If anything, you could say that the PropCo money is helping to stop any deeper cuts having to be made at this point in time. And heaven help us if the Glasgow Warriors suffer from wanderlust.

I would fully expect that in the absence of any improvements in gate receipts next year that we will drift towards a situation where full time contracts will be replaced by part timers and/or cheaper youngsters as the current round of contracts expire.

I give up. Was concerned enough before but now :(

Propco needs to make this Club a small fortune or its been exactly what FT was saying on jagsforum.net, delaying the inevitable :wall:

Edited to add: Cant believe the first to make a 'we are doomed' post on here was me, aka Wee-Scamps, what odds would you have got on that one :lol:

Edited by Jagnificent

I give up. Was concerned enough before but now :(

Propco needs to make this Club a small fortune or its been exactly what FT was saying on jagsforum.net, delaying the inevitable :wall:

I think David gleaned from the figures that if we didn't have any bank-debt, we would have only lost £30k last year. Given the big drop in attendances of late, it wouldn't surprise me if we make a similar loss to previous years *despite* selling two players.

Guest Argus

Does anyone really care what Mr.Cowan says.

He is completely hopeless, along with the rest of the BoD.

McCall will need to pick up a lot of cheap gems in order to mount a title challenge :thumbsup2:

You need to care what the chairperson prat proclaims as him and his sidekick will drag the club beyond the brink no matter how well the manager does. Will they ever tell us the whole story?

I think David gleaned from the figures that if we didn't have any bank-debt, we would have only lost £30k last year. Given the big drop in attendances of late, it wouldn't surprise me if we make a similar loss to previous years *despite* selling two players.

And having no cup games against the OF?

I sent an Email to Alan Cowan stating that it would be a good time to unveil new signings just before they launch the new season tickets for next year. Unfortuantely the reply I got was that due to the financial situation with the budget being cut do not expect many if any new signings and those likely to be made will just be before the new season starts. Not exactly the best news

I sent an Email to Alan Cowan stating that it would be a good time to unveil new signings just before they launch the new season tickets for next year. Unfortuantely the reply I got was that due to the financial situation with the budget being cut do not expect many if any new signings and those likely to be made will just be before the new season starts. Not exactly the best news

I really fear for us if these clowns are allowed to contunue running our club into the ground. They bumble along from one disaster to another.

Not that surprising though, to be honest. Difficult to know what else they could do.

It looks like we'll be trying to bring through 'youngsters'. This would be a perfect strategy IF we had any kind of track record. Unfortunately we haven't exactly excelled in youth development for the best part of a generation.

We'll not be alone in these circumstances next season. I'm quite glad in that sense to see the back of ICT rather than Dundee.

Maybe the biggest thing that'll shape next season's First Division will be the result of the Kilmarnock v Falkirk game on 8th May...

I really fear for us if these clowns are allowed to contunue running our club into the ground. They bumble along from one disaster to another.

I've been fearing for us under them for many years. So many pertinent questions raised in this thread already and by Cowans utterances in that article (I really wish he would just keep his mouth shut), yet so few answers.

Viva la Revolucion! :ph34r:

Guest Argus

Him and the rest of the BoD are running this club into the ground! He tells us all the time, "I've got the best intrests of the club at heart," I say thats total B.S.!

Time to go Cowan!

He will never go. He likes it all to much.