Jags On The Up Next Season

SirJohnLambie

Now thats what I call selective quoting!

Yeah thats the stuff I was meaning :rolleyes: . Your final sentence sums it up exactly, what you wrote prior to that is just a sarcastic waste of time because clearly those points highlight areas where the Board are to blame (didnt you notice that I said there were 4 groups to blame?). I think you need read what I am saying properly and not just highlight one sentence that allows you to become all high and mighty and blame the big boys for eveything, but thanks for your interest in getting involved :thumbsup2:

The fact that you think that the fans absorb any sort of responsibility for the decline that the club has endured over the past few years renders you a quack. You can make smug responses all you like and pretend that you have some well constructed argument but all you are doing is behaving as an apologist for those responsible for the club's demise. You're not absolving them of blame but you're trying to share it around and create enough misdirection that we all continue to trundle along and wait for the part-time players to start letting us down.

The fans have repeatedly tried to get involved and been rebuffed by the board. The Trust was regenerated a couple of years ago and the 1876 club while imperfect, gave the Trust a sense of focus and wider aspirations that had been lacking in the prior period. What did the club do? They charged in and stomped on it and removed the teeth from a Trust that in real terms was in its infancy. They also misled the Trust membership about just how the new fundraiser would be run.

Don't come on here and act all sanctimonious - if you don't agree then great, you're entitled to your opinion but don't start this "selective quoting" smug crap. :thumbsup2:

Wow someone's touchy, I am not being sanctimonious I am being honest (and I have included myself in the criticism)...a quack :lol: . This Club is rotting from top to bottom right now and that includes the fan base. I dont doubt for a second that it will be the fans that are called upon when things get to STJ2, and I dont doubt we will rally. But right now, when we have the Jags Trust arrange a meeting that no-one attends, when we have fans who will go to away games but not Firhill and when we are bitching amongst ourselves but not taking any action then we do SHARE the responsibilty. That doesnt detract from the Boards feck-ups or the way they treat the fans in any way and they have far more to answer for then we do, but they can ignore us because there isnt enough of us standing together to fight back (yes largely due to our Ace card being handed over to them). You said "without the fans the club dies and right now we are in terminal decline", right now we are without the fans (for whatever reasons, valid or not) and that is PART of the reason for the terminal decline, but only part of it.

On the subject of selective quoting, you chose one sentence from quite a big post then discussed that one sentence as if it was the only thing that I said...what is that if its not selective quoting?

• Administrators

Can we just remind all forum members that if you post an allegation about the club, or anyone else for that matter, you better be able to back it up.

We take NO responsibility for what is posted here, as noted on our terms and conditions below, so it will be the forum member who is liable for any legal issues.

2. - Liability

2.3 - Your use of the forums/message boards is entirely at your own risk. As such, to the extent permitted by law, you release us, our directors, contractors and employees from all liability arising out of or in connection with the website and the material submitted to it by third parties.

2.4 - We may not endorse the views expressed on the message board. While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message.

Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.