In What Minute Of The England Match Tonight

gianlucatoni

Scottish people are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lame about the english football team. They've only won it once, and they're hoping to win it again - of course they're going to mention it! Scottish fans would be EXACTLY the same. If Scotland fans always take bets on when English commentary teams mention 66, English fans should take bets on when Scotland fans will display their incredible chip on their shoulder. Sooooo boring.

Scottish people are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lame about the english football team. They've only won it once, and they're hoping to win it again - of course they're going to mention it! Scottish fans would be EXACTLY the same. If Scotland fans always take bets on when English commentary teams mention 66, English fans should take bets on when Scotland fans will display their incredible chip on their shoulder. Sooooo boring.

I agree,lets face it not many teams have won the world cup and England happen to be one of those teams why shouldnt they harp on about it. If you dont want to hear 1966 mentioned then dont watch or hit the mute button

It's not the (endless) mentioning that gets my goat, it's the sick-making sense of entitlement that goes with it. God knows, we've had to deal with Old Firm fans for generations and should be used to it but we're not.

Dont give me the chip on the sholder carry on.

Its on the BBC and they use the word "we." "We" won the World Cup, "We" are playing well! Who is "we"? Its England, after all the BBC is shown all over Britain.

Screw England! C'mon the Stars and Stripes.

I am going to say the 66min.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. England is part of Britain. Are you seriously saying English commentaros cannot refer to England as 'we' on the BBC? Scottish commentators do this all the time! Also, the first post wasn't that light-hearted, really.

Why should commentators not refer to 'we'? I'll tell you why, because it's bad journalism, that's why. Reporting ought to be impartial. It doesn't matter if it's a Scot or an Englishman doing it, it stinks - just like Jim Traynor the Airdrieonians fan prattling on about Airdrie United or Chic Young's swinging marriage with St Mirren and Rangers.

Nothing I can do about it.

That's just the way it is.

(Slinks off.)

:lol:

This is exactly what I'm talking about. England is part of Britain. Are you seriously saying English commentaros cannot refer to England as 'we' on the BBC? Scottish commentators do this all the time! Also, the first post wasn't that light-hearted, really.

Well speaking as the first poster I'd like a right to reply on your statement of pure fantasy quoted above.

If you'd care to look at the first post again then only a fool could possibly misinterpret that by saying "I'll go for the 4th minute!" wasn't an act of light hearted whimsy.

Now for goodness sake crawl back under your short-fused xenophobic rock or go find a keeper for Capello who can catch the baw!

:thumbsup2:

There was an interesting article in the Herald the other day that explained the animosity by many non-English UK folk to England; it's due to their blind self-obsession, their feeling that somehow the competition is all about them. When players get interviewed, it's about how they're feeling, how's their accommodation, what do they want to say to the folks back home etc. Any question about other teams gets met with a robotic "we'll focus on our own performance" type of response, as if they don't even have any knowledge or interest whatsoever in ABE.

Well, I'm now interested to see if they'll get beyond the first stage, which I sincerely hope they don't.

Guest grahamgibsonlickedmyaero

typical wee man syndrome attitudes from scottish people here.

jealousy is such an unattractive characteristic.

whens the last time we were at something like this? 98?

its sad, as the english dont display this sad attitude against us.

I LIVE ON AN ISLAND CALLED GREAT BRITAIN. COME ON ENGLAND.

typical wee man syndrome attitudes from scottish people here.

jealousy is such an unattractive characteristic.

whens the last time we were at something like this? 98?

its sad, as the english dont display this sad attitude against us.

I LIVE ON AN ISLAND CALLED GREAT BRITAIN. COME ON ENGLAND.

I LIVE ON AN ISLAND CALLED GREAT BRITAIN. COME ON GERMANY. COME ON ARGENTINA. COME ON URUGUAY.

Guest grahamgibsonlickedmyaero

I LIVE ON AN ISLAND CALLED GREAT BRITAIN. COME ON GERMANY. COME ON ARGENTINA. COME ON URUGUAY.

I was warned about you when I joined this forum. A few choice phrases were used when describing your style and childish ways. Indeed, I know a couple of people who were actually put off posting by your inability to construct an argument, instead retorting to immature jibes and unnecessary repetition.

Good to see your staying true to form.

Edited by grahamgibsonlickedmyaero

I was warned about you when I joined this forum. A few choice phrases were used when describing your style and childish ways. Indeed, I know a couple of people who were actually put off posting by your inability to construct an argument, instead retorting to immature jibes and unnecessary repetition.

Good to see your staying true to form.

Get over yourself. It's only banter...