Airdrie

Be interesting to see how they get on with THIS

I know whenever the subject of buying Jags shares arises the cost effectiveness of selling them in small amounts appears to be a problem. I see Ballantyne is selling shares in a sort of sliding scale from £1 a share at top whack of 20000 but costing £1.43ea at 500. Don't know much about shares but is that normal practice?

I suppose that's where supporter's groups/trusts can be effective. In this instance 40 like minded fans could buy 6000 more shares by purchasing collectively :unsure: . As I say I don't know much about share issues etc.

Shares in a First Division football club, eh? What a rip-roaring value-for-money proposition.

2nd Div :thumbsup2:

I noticed they are also putting in a 'fake grass' pitch just now too, with that and the 5 aside parks they now have (if it is them who own it and not North Lanarkshire Council) finances may not be as bad as expected for them next season.

2nd Div :thumbsup2:

I noticed they are also putting in a 'fake grass' pitch just now too, with that and the 5 aside parks they now have (if it is them who own it and not North Lanarkshire Council) finances may not be as bad as expected for them next season.

Airdrie United don't own their stadium. They have to rent it for each game, not to sure if its a specific stadium company or the Council who they rent it from.

I think they did own it at one stage when they were Airdrieonians.

Airdrie United don't own their stadium. They have to rent it for each game, not to sure if its a specific stadium company or the Council who they rent it from.

I think they did own it at one stage when they were Airdrieonians.

I thought the same thing Matt but the Airdrie fans at work have told me the Club own the stadium again. Also, going by what the Real Radio guys were saying in the lead up to the East v West game it seems Airdrie were getting all the thanks not NLC as you would expect, if they owned it they'd be looking for publicity for giving permission to play the game there.

Would it be funny if some rich bloke in Clydebank bought the shares, moved the club to Clydebank and renamed it Clydebank United?

:lol:

That would be poetic justice....

The trouible with poetic justice is that it can't be half-hearted: it would also involve someone rich from, say, Falkirk, buying out the new 'Clydebank United' to move it there to strengthen East Stirlingshire.