Kal Naismith

thistle4tw

So, another couple of h*n loanees, from their youth system and almost guaranteed to walk into our team at the expense of our own youngsters who are deemed not good enough, even though older than the h*ns. Does this show that the likes of RFC and CFC get all the best youths from the start, or is it that just because they are currently at Ibrox or Parkhead then they must somehow be better than our own youngsters?

All of which raises my perennial question again: is the money we spend on youth teams a good investment? How many players have we brought through recently? And even if we were able to sell one later on, would we make any profit, or simply recover some of the costs of running those teams in the first place?

Edited by Jaggernaut

So, another couple of h*n loanees, from their youth system and almost guaranteed to walk into our team at the expense of our own youngsters who are deemed not good enough, even though older than the h*ns. Does this show that the likes of RFC and CFC get all the best youths from the start, or is it that just because they are currently at Ibrox or Parkhead then they must somehow be better than our own youngsters?

All of which raises my perennial question again: is the money we spend on youth teams a good investment? How many players have we brought through recently? And even if we were able to sell one later on, would we make any profit, or simply recover some of the costs of running those teams in the first place?

There is an obvious assumption that they will be better cause they play for the biggest clubs in Glasgow/Scotland.UK./Europe/World/Universe.

I think if you've faith in McNamara bringing in young loan players just now then you should have faith in his views of our youth structure. And if you're asking the perennial question then I assume Jackie's answer is unchanged. In his opinion (generalising) our late teen youngsters were/are behind in development. Regardless of potential and ability they rely far too much on instinct and not enough on the text book stuff like positioning, timing runs, angles etc.

As an aside it appears McNamara is far more into team tactics, formation etc than McCall ever was. It could of course just be a theory over practice thingy while Jackie learns the ropes and only time will tell.