• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QoS showed tactical superiority: the manager fell for it: his superior team lost because he failed to prepare them to cope with the typical tactics of an inferior team: retain possession, don't allow the other team to move and shepherd any attacks to the wings where the only option is a cross. :thumbdown: Let's hope that Jackie Mac can learn from this.

Not that the team doesn't have to share some of the blame. After all, Archie seems to have developed club feet and a cubical head; Cairney's floated corners are destined never to result in a goal (while his short corners are just as bad); and Sinclair really does have a big problem spotting those bright yellow shirts when he's throwing the ball in. :o

This team is, as has often been said before, much too nice: they need some grit - someone who will ensure that when they're failing they don't keep trying to do the same thing, nor do they let their heads go down, nor do they stop covering for team members (especially the midfield, which is atrociously slow in tracking back and in picking up free opposing players). The current captain won't provide that kick up the backside. At the moment, Paul Paton looks like the only one who gets upset when things aren't going right. Both midfielders and strikers need to feel that a shot that goes past or gets saved is not good enough (even if it gets a clap or a gasp from the crowd) but that it's an opportunity wasted, for which they'll bear responsibility after the game.

I have a bad feeling we are going to lose Paton, today was a chance to progress get some cup money and get Paton and Cairney on longer deals. There have been a number of rumours about Paton going to the Pars or Inverness, even if either of those 2 were relegated they would likely be able to pay considerably more than us. A big loss if he does leave

ON THE plus we wont be signing dargo now thought he was a waste of space since he arrived apart from one game...........

I dont know for some reason the Manager seems really really keen to sign him. Interview in the Evening Times or The Glaswegian earlier in the week said McNamara had been impressed with him in the games he had played. I personally would completely disagree with that

we played ok in the first half , o'donnell and erskine linked up well on the right. we came out for the second half and played liked the players had never met each other.

sinclair is shite, he's hopeless at defending and never puts in a good ball, that wee carmichael is half the size of him and he was still holding him off the ball and skinned him a few times. there was a chance in the second half when the ball was running out, sinclair was more interested in trying to push the player off the ball and lost it. if anyone comes in for him in the window take the money and run.the twadfather was 10 times the player he is.

as said o'donnell had a decent first half but second half he was keich. big shitebag for the size of him and cant header worth a fcuk. flannigan was abysmal as usual, its time he was chased, paton got man of the match and he was shite,too slow on the ball and too predictable. he has had a few decent games in the new holding role but i dont know why jackie changes the team about by putting a failed right back into centre mid, and putting our best player, cairney, on the left where he was totally ineffective. big robertson was the only plus point today, he had a solid game.the fact they were even worse makes it so frustrating. we were aswell as losing today than getting a replay cause we would have lost down there anyways. big 3 games for macnamara coming up, hamilton away, dundee home, livvy away.we'll be luck to take 3 points from the 3 games IMO.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Today was brilliant, if you wanted to see everything that is wrong with the team/manager/football club in general.

1. The manager. This, in my head, was one of the biggest games of the season. A chance to get into the next round of the cup, get a good draw, go on a run, make some money, improve the team. The chairman/Jackie said money from this would help to strengthen the team. So you would think they would be up for it....alas no. The manager did not have them pumped up for this, it was flat, devoid of passion. That is not good enough.

2. The defence. Alan Archibald is done, wonderful servant to the football club but he is a shadow of his former self. He just blooters the ball aimlessly in the direction he is facing. Lucky not to score an og, and slow on the turn and late to the tackle. Aaron Sinclair is fast becoming a 'partick thistle' player. Arrives with potential, flair...and we slowly suck the life out of him, until he becomes a really average pro. I must say, Sinclair was the worst on the park for me today. A real 1 out of 10 showing. Scott Robertson is nowhere near the quality of player we shpuld be seeing at Firhill. O'Donnell is another example of a 'partick thistle' player. All the early promise slowly fadeing away...

3. The midfield. Pual Cairney runs the show, with his sidekick David Rowson doing the dirtywork. Without Rowson today he looked badly exposed. We really missed David today. All the players look to Cairney to provide the flair/killer pass, he is doing his best, and when he has an off day (like today) we struggle. Paton is quite good at the position he plays now, but there is another 'partick thistle' player right there. All his talent was sucked out ages ago. Erskine isn't a footballer, its good that people aren't being fooled by him anymore, a total waste of a jersey and one of the worst of them. Now that the seasons over lets see Bannigan get a run, if he falls flat, theres a p45 at the end of the season. Iain Flannigan is the worst player at the football club. An absolute horror. His attitude and all round play makes Darren Bardy look like Xavi.

4. The 'strikers'. Can we call them strikers? They don't strike. Tommy stewart is a fairy, Christie Elliot is a chicken (very apt due to his love of nandos), Dargo - musy agree that I can't see why Jackie wants to keep him. I think Doolan is ok, but he needs a good partner. I would give Fraser and Burns a run, much like Bannigan, p45s if they dont live up.

5. Firhill. Its dead, has been for years.

6. The catering. Why were the queues going right across the concourse? Made it difficult to walk past. Another poor decision.

The club needs gutted from top to bottom. Ideally I would take Fox, Scully, Paton, Rowson, Cairney and Doolan and start again. We are in freefall in the sense that everything is falling flat. Its very unlikey I will be back at Firhill this season after that. It makes me sick.

As the boys at the back chanted at the end, quite rightly...'what a load of rubbish'

:confused1: Just got up to a wet raining morning here in Sydney and as I turn my computer on I am concentrating on a Big Thistle Victory in the Scottish Cup but alas and alack what do I see? Yep! another defeat at home to a team that apparently is worse than us and to a last minute goal at that. I am so fed up with this current team and manager that I am seriously thinking of giving them up for the remainder of this season. I am just glad that I don't have to watch this Drivel every week like some of you Diehards out there. It must be really painful to watch. With poor results at home and dwindling crowds due to that fact I just can't fathom how the club operates week to week. They must be carrying a heavy load on their backs cash wise and the debt surely must be through the roof. If drastic measures are not in place from now until next season then the Thistle I once knew won't be around anymore and that's a fact to be realised out there by all remaining Thistle Diehards! :happy2:

we played ok in the first half , o'donnell and erskine linked up well on the right. we came out for the second half and played liked the players had never met each other.

sinclair is shite, he's hopeless at defending and never puts in a good ball, that wee carmichael is half the size of him and he was still holding him off the ball and skinned him a few times. there was a chance in the second half when the ball was running out, sinclair was more interested in trying to push the player off the ball and lost it. if anyone comes in for him in the window take the money and run.the twadfather was 10 times the player he is.

as said o'donnell had a decent first half but second half he was keich. big shitebag for the size of him and cant header worth a fcuk. flannigan was abysmal as usual, its time he was chased, paton got man of the match and he was shite,too slow on the ball and too predictable. he has had a few decent games in the new holding role but i dont know why jackie changes the team about by putting a failed right back into centre mid, and putting our best player, cairney, on the left where he was totally ineffective. big robertson was the only plus point today, he had a solid game.the fact they were even worse makes it so frustrating. we were aswell as losing today than getting a replay cause we would have lost down there anyways. big 3 games for macnamara coming up, hamilton away, dundee home, livvy away.we'll be luck to take 3 points from the 3 games IMO.

Cairney has been playing on the left most if not all season and has easily been best player this season.

:confused1: Just got up to a wet raining morning here in Sydney and as I turn my computer on I am concentrating on a Big Thistle Victory in the Scottish Cup but alas and alack what do I see? Yep! another defeat at home to a team that apparently is worse than us and to a last minute goal at that. I am so fed up with this current team and manager that I am seriously thinking of giving them up for the remainder of this season. I am just glad that I don't have to watch this Drivel every week like some of you Diehards out there. It must be really painful to watch. With poor results at home and dwindling crowds due to that fact I just can't fathom how the club operates week to week. They must be carrying a heavy load on their backs cash wise and the debt surely must be through the roof. If drastic measures are not in place from now until next season then the Thistle I once knew won't be around anymore and that's a fact to be realised out there by all remaining Thistle Diehards! :happy2:

So you talk about not going back to see the team again this season, then tell us that the thistle you knew won't be around anymore unless drastic measures are not in place! So not going back, that is going to prevent the latter is it?

Totally agree with the Pie stall at firhill a joke waitied 20-25 mins in the que only to be told there was no pies left why the hell didnt they atleast shout ot the others in the que as i was walking away shouted to ther others in the que that there was no pies left, a joke

i thought Robertson played well think he might suit the holding role of paton, the Full backs whree poor today only think g i can say is they are young and hopefully they will learn, caireny would have been better in the middle, i acutally thought Flannigan had a not bad game, we missed rowson though.

i wouldnt get rid of Mcnamara its too early and he has had to cut the budget from last season under mccall.

Love the Scottish Cup but that (second half) was gash today. We dodged a bullet not getting Gus Macpherson as manager, because although they beat us today, they ARE F()ckin rotten to watch - lump the ball up to some wee guy, get the ball to the aged Allan Johnston....

But, fundamentally we weren't smart or imaginative enough to break them down - and I blame the players rather than MacNamara for that.

Game over.

Hamilton next Friday?

So you talk about not going back to see the team again this season, then tell us that the thistle you knew won't be around anymore unless drastic measures are not in place! So not going back, that is going to prevent the latter is it?

Hold on there Lenny Lad. I'm in Sydney as my post started out to say so How am I going to go and see the Jags every week ?

I was just commenting on the fact that The Jags are in all sorts of trouble and if results don't improve on the park then how do they suppose

they will survive in the future. Do you want to see them in the 2nd or 3rd div's perhaps with even more dwindling crowds or would you rather

see them up in nthe Premier with the big boys. I know what I'd prefer mate!

Love the Scottish Cup but that (second half) was gash today. We dodged a bullet not getting Gus Macpherson as manager, because although they beat us today, they ARE F()ckin rotten to watch - lump the ball up to some wee guy, get the ball to the aged Allan Johnston....

But, fundamentally we weren't smart or imaginative enough to break them down - and I blame the players rather than MacNamara for that.

Game over.

Hamilton next Friday?

We made plans at half time and cancelled them at full time. I'm done with away games this season.

• Members

The last two games against QOtS and the game against Raith are probably 3 of the worst games I have ever seen nvolving Thistle. No idea how to crack open an organised defence. One shot on taregt from both teams all day resulted in the only goal of the game.

The last two games against QOtS and the game against Raith are probably 3 of the worst games I have ever seen nvolving Thistle. No idea how to crack open an organised defence. One shot on taregt from both teams all day resulted in the only goal of the game.

There you go happy clappers, even someone who has been going down Firhill for a century and a half think the current mob are a crock of shit.

Thought we did OK first half, but no shots on target defo a problem. No creativity and limited to long range efforts that did not trouble QOS keeper.

But what the f**k happened in the dressing room at half time? Absolute shambles in the second half. Passes going astray, tackles not being made, sitting deep in own half, too slow to get to ball. And resorting to lumping it up the park.

Really angry at full time - could easily let a good number of those players go if it were not for the fact we only have boys to come in and replace them.

Pathetic!