Raith Away On First Day

jags on tour

Boxing Day : Raith at Home

2nd Jan : Morton Away

One plus is that the first home game is Dundee. Theres very few games these days where we will get over 3000 but with this being the first home game and against Dundee in August then potentially we may actually get over 4000 and a wee bit of cash.

Just thinking we had Dundee at Firhill in December last year and Decemeber is not the best month for attendances either and we got over 4000, so with it being sunny August hopefully we can at least fill Firhill halfway.

That's a fairly terrible opening 3 or 4 fixtures, both in difficulty and appeal.

Plus points are the lack of distant away games in December / January and the home games in the run in.

Negatives are that the 2 decent away days (Ross C and QoS) are almost back to back in both halves.

I'm not sure that the QoS & Ross Co away games both coming a fortnight apart will be welcome as both are a bit heavy on the pocket.

Home games on both September weekend & Easter weekend far from ideal crowdwise.

Btw I strongly advise anyone planning a sightseeing weekend accompanying one of our away trips to Cowdenbeath should avoid the August encounter in preference for the January match. The likes of Kelty, Lochgelly, Lumphinnans and Cowdenbeath get vastly overcrowded with holiday makers and day trippers in the summer. Far better to enjoy a more relaxed visit off season :thumbsup2:

In what we hope will be an exciting and successful conclusion to the season three of our last four games will be at Firhill with the season’s final game a home match Raith Rovers on May 7th.

Great....hopefully we'll be doing just as well as we did last season!

Take note while you are planning your wee away days to sunny Kirkcaldy.

This is the fifth time in seven years that Jags Fans are being asked to travel on Opening Day to fill someone elses coffers.

And if you want a direct comparitor Dundee have been at home on Opening Day for five of the last seven years. Not that I hold this directly against Dundee but somone ought to have a look at this in terms of eveness.

For the impact is quite significant

Dundee Opening Day 09 v Morton 5449 Thistle (1st Home Game) 2391 (Ross Co. thanks )

Dundee 1st home 08 v Clyde 4042 Thistle Opening Day 3041 (Dunfermline)

Dundee 1st home 07 v Livi 4023 Thistle (1st Home Game) 2481 (Livi thanks again!)

Dundee Opening day 06 v PTFC 5144 Thistle (Opening Day) 2836 (Stirling wow!!)

Dundee Opening day 05 v St. M 5011 Thistle (1st home Game) 4011*

Dundee Opening Day 04 v Hearts 7700

* Given that this was on our return from the hell of SFL Div 2 and it was a gainst rampant Airdrie this is a bit on an anomoly

By playing at home on Opening Day Dundee seem to have attracted 1000 more fans, a not insignificant financial extra. Nice if the SFL computer works for you. In the case of Thistle, well it just seems to work in favour of others. Just tough luck? I have my doubts.

I do want to go to watch Thistle on the first day of the league season. I have not been to Kirkcaldy so it would be another tick in the box but I really do get the feeling that we are being taken for mugs somewhere along the line and I'm truely inclined to stay away. Period.