Dundee Game?

redhulk44

I know I won't be alone in getting the "you go to watch Partick Thistle, you must be aff yer heid" treatment. I reckon I must've been told that once a week for the last, well, too many years. We just learn to grin and bear it.

I doubt tho' I'll retreat into my customary silence if I know whoever's telling me I'm aff my heid spent a wet January afternoon in forecast 35mph+ gales playing golf.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it not simply the case that in a forward position Erskine is very hard for the opposition to deal with (and he gets fouled a lot, including in the penalty box), but when defending he is pretty ineffective? He also has an eye for goal. He favours one side too much to be effective on the wing. Conclusion? He should be played either as an out-and-out forward or just behind the strikers.

Is it not simply the case that in a forward position Erskine is very hard for the opposition to deal with (and he gets fouled a lot, including in the penalty box), but when defending he is pretty ineffective? He also has an eye for goal. He favours one side too much to be effective on the wing. Conclusion? He should be played either as an out-and-out forward or just behind the strikers.

yes

A position which resulted in his best form for the Club this time last year. 6-8 games he really turned it on but this season he hasn't looked that great, regardless of where he has played.

He hasn't been played there once this season and I'm fed up watching him out on the right wing as a part of McNamara's wide men cutting in onto stronger foot tactic.

Edited by northernsoul

You do the bad stuff - and that involves that dull pointless meaningless game - just so the good stuff really means something.

Go carting, go shopping, play golf - whatever. Many thousands of so called "hard-core:" fans have watched the jags before and moved on, the thistle support is an ever changing assembly some leave and some (usually less) come in. It will always happen I'm not sure why you have to go through the paradox of publicly announcing your ambivalence to Thistle on a public forum - you're absence isn't something special. Why try to undermine the experience of the people who do decide to go today by telling them how "inconsequential" it is? If you do have to go, then consider those you leave behind.

1-0 to Thistle

I know I won't be alone in getting the "you go to watch Partick Thistle, you must be aff yer heid" treatment. I reckon I must've been told that once a week for the last, well, too many years. We just learn to grin and bear it.

I doubt tho' I'll retreat into my customary silence if I know whoever's telling me I'm aff my heid spent a wet January afternoon in forecast 35mph+ gales playing golf.

What do we learn to grin and bear?

Neil, thats a no brainer, get yourself out on the golf course. Ill be enjoying a spot of go-karting myself!

Might I respectfully suggest that some of you spend more time on golf, indoor bowls, go-karting etc forums, and less time taking up space on a football forum telling us that you're doing non-football things?

Thank you.

Edited by Jaggernaut

2 things about being a jags fan and a nomad, the 1st about being a jags fan it's like going fishing half the time you don't even get a nibble but you stand in the pishing rain up to your baws in freezing water in the hope and when you do get on its so much sweeter, the 2nd about being a nomad it's like living in Glasgow drinking tennents you get sick of it and you moan about it, but once you leave Glasgow and try the local brands regardless how good they are you can't wait to get home and get a proper pint, I get pissed of watching the team when I'm back like a lot of fans who go week in week out, but god do I miss turning up to firhill every second Saturday in the hope that today will be the day

Norge, they're the two worst examples I've ever heard! I've been a nomad (four years in London after six months in Yerevan) and I missed seeing Thistle, and whenever I got back to Glasgow I tried to tie it in with a home game. But fishing is pish and wherever I've been I've found much better things to drink that Tennents!

Anyway, stuck in work today (and would have had a hockey match at 2.15pm anyway if I wasn't) but I know that from 3pm to 5pm I'll be sitting here hitting refresh on the text updates getting no work done whatsoever. 'mon the Jags!

Norge, they're the two worst examples I've ever heard! I've been a nomad (four years in London after six months in Yerevan) and I missed seeing Thistle, and whenever I got back to Glasgow I tried to tie it in with a home game. But fishing is pish and wherever I've been I've found much better things to drink that Tennents!

Anyway, stuck in work today (and would have had a hockey match at 2.15pm anyway if I wasn't) but I know that from 3pm to 5pm I'll be sitting here hitting refresh on the text updates getting no work done whatsoever. 'mon the Jags!

Ok maybe I should drop the tennents and replace it with a deep fried pizza !!! You get my line though as much as they infuriate and frustrate you when you canny get especially for prolonged time spells you miss them like hell

Going along today for first time this season. Got a spare afternoon and the club needs the cash. Not expecting much and I'm sure I'll come away having sat through 90 minutes of a team that takes you through every emotion. Lot like the views in this thread ranging from black humour to positivity and commitment to negativity and disinterest. Looking forward to a pie, bit banter and hopefully beating that shower.

At least we should get to see a half decent team today (Dundee).

Seriously, I don't know how much more of the recent pish I can take, today has to be better. A few goals would help.

Sums up my mood to a tee. I've usually left the house by now, but I'm dragging my heels a la Monday morning heading to work feeling.

No improvement today and I think I'll chuck it for a while and take up something more entertaining like collecting carpet samples.

I tend to drink nothing but Tennents when I go back to Glasgow, but drink fine ales and German Weissbiers when I'm in England. Tennents is actually quite nice if served in a pub that looks after their lines and clean their glasses, but I'll agree in most pubs it's disgusting.

I agree wholeheartedly with Norgethistle's comparisons. I remember a few years back, when I was in Glasgow for Christmas, suffering through the most boring game ever on the 27th December losing 2-0 to Ross County (a game I'd been looking forward to for months), then going to Cappielow to lose 2-0 on the 30th. I somehow managed to drag myself to Broadwood for a fantastic game where we won 4-2 at the start of January. The thing that dragged me onto the bus (on my own I must add) was that I knew I was only going to see one or two more matches that season, so if we won I'd really be kicking myself. The good matches feel so much better when you've suffered through the worst.

I am not from Belfast, neither were the gentlemen I was with.

What made you think he was from Belfast?

I had a chat with him while waiting. He said he is from Belfast, not simply for the Jags game, but visiting a friend a Glasgow. I told him that I support Cliftonville in the Irish League.

And also I talked to a group of 3 men. They told me that there is a student discount.

It must have been you. I feel blessed.

I had a very hard time to find the way to Firhill, and from Firhill to GCU. I have decided to take bus to get to Firhill. Could you tell me the relevant website of Glasgow bus? I cannot find.

I am going from Caledonian Court, Dobbies Loan, Glasgow, G4 0JF.