Sign in to follow this  
Alan Murray

Film Thread

We have one for books and music so it’s about time we have one for films.

Here are the films I have seen recently.

War horse 7/10 Great story but don’t think it Spielberg’s finest hour to be honest. Don’t think it has much chance at the Oscars.

Descendants 7/10 Well acted drama, slow burning but not sure there is enough there to take best film at the Oscars.

Real steel 6/10 Entertaining film with an excellent performance Hugh Jackman. Predictable and cliché ridden however it pleasantly passes a few hours.

The thing 6/10 A Pre-sequel to one my favourite films and does a decent job. The poor acting does let it down though.

Moneyball 8/10 Excellent brad pit movie about baseball.

Edited by Alan Murray

Super 8 (7/10) JJ Abrams sort of unnofficial Cloverfield sequel, decent enough. Sort of mix of The Goonies, Stand by Me and, well, Cloverfield.

Quite nostalgic-set in the 80s, about a group of teenagers whose town becomes the site of strange goings on after a train crash.

Green Hornet (2/10) possibly worst superhero movie I've ever seen (and I've seen Batman & Robin), with Seth as funny as a boot in the balls Rogen hugely unconvincing in a leading man role.

Edited by chunky jag

I'll second super 8 that was good. Okay for weans as well.

Everyone should get The Guard dvd. Top class film, really funny.

The Guard is really funny would definitely recommend that one.

Watched kill list last night. It must be the most F****d up film I have ever watched. I have no idea if I enjoyed it or not. Gave it to my pal who after watching it told me to burn it.

Nae Pasaran

Saw a screening of this tonight. Extraordinary documentary. It has a limited one week release from Thursday. Showing at GFT, Odeon Braehead, Odeon East Kilbride.

Brigsby Bear : Really enjoyed it. Had no idea what it was about, and when it started I thought it was Sci Fi.... ended up with big smiles all round.

Spinal Tap: Finally got around to watching the whole movie. Some hilarious moments!