New Sponsor

jagscast

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope it is McCrea Financial Services.Dougie has done a lot for the "Jags" and he deserves it.

Not disputing the majority of this, infact i would suggest it's somewhat embarressing the way the club and trust, previously have almost come to expect Dougie to help out with every fundraiser known to man.

But considering the new sponsor will have to meet the remaining fraction of payments, for this season at least.

What does he deserve?

Not disputing the majority of this, infact i would suggest it's somewhat embarressing the way the club and trust, previously have almost come to expect Dougie to help out with every fundraiser known to man.

But considering the new sponsor will have to meet the remaining fraction of payments, for this season at least.

What does he deserve?

PT - Any new sponsorship deal will be just that -- a new deal, negotiated on fresh terms. There is little chance of a 3rd party agreeing to step in and take an assignment of the old macb deal or the liabilities under it. That will simply rest as an unsecured claim on the administration for loss incurred due to breach of contract. At best, a few pennies in the pound, less whatever a replacement sponsor pays to mitigate the loss.

In any event, I doubt very much it will be Dougie, who, as you rightly point out, already does more than his fair share for the club.

Incidentally, if the new sponsor proves to be unconnected to the big 2 on our Board (and I expect it will be), then hats off to whoever pulled them in. Attracting any kind of sponsorship in this climate is extremely difficult, so to find someone to step in at short notice mid-season is no mean achievement.

Given the huge amount of old stock (strips, training gear etc) that Greaves appears to have, this could be a big problem. I doubt that it would be possible to remove the MacB logo. Nobody will want to buy an out-of-date strip and a patch with the new logo would not be attractive. Can anyone offer a practical solution?

In any case, we should be relieved that a new sponsor appears to have been found so quickly. Those responsible should be congratulated.

As a man still cutting about in the 2001/2002 First Division Championship winning strip I'd have no qualms about buying a cut price shirt with the MacB logo on it.

They're only in admin anyway (as far as I'm aware), so the name may well survive. I'd consider it helping an ailing Scottish brand with some free publicity. Just call me Andrew Carnegie (minus the actual giving them money part). :P

i've had to tell my 3 yr old son that Jaggy Mac Bee won't be back at games. He's not best pleased.

Also makes you wonder what sort of mascot would be appropriate if as rumoured our new sponsors are from the legal trade.

Personally I rather like the idea of a giant Finch named Atticus.

Could of course be a Legal Eagle or a duck named Ally McTeal?

Rumpole of the Nollee?, Dick the Advocate? Fraser the Ambulance Chaser?

Much work to be done methinks.