Break-In @ Firhill

hamiltonjag

Is it just me or does it seem that at least someone involved in thisk new what they were doing and how best to do it? If not, it was far too easy for these chancers.

Please do not copy and paste the story onto the forum, the Evening Times website is free to register with, allowing you to view the full article at no cost. The author is probably reading this forum for other story ideas, so he'll no doubt see this! Admin

Edited by twinny

Surprised we keep many valuables in a Club safe, to be honest. I could understand if it was a match-day and the money was there before being taken to the bank the following working day but very odd given there were no games for ages.

Let's hope it's a wake up call to those in charge of the Club. It's bad enough the Club losing money through not enough fans coming through the gate to watch pish performances or getting knocked out the cup by dross like QoS but for it to be so easy for criminals to break into Firhill and steal thousands of pounds is a bit of a joke really.

Why have we got thousands of pounds sitting about a property that lies empty alot and doesn't really need day to day cash (or vast amounts), our last home game was 10 days ago so why we have cash like this lying about is beyond me, unless our sponsers paid us cash I'm hand. Scum the thieves, fools the club for having this amount of cash on the premises

I assume we're insured to cover this!

Even if we are would there be some clause regarding taking proper security measures - like when you know the building's going to be unoccupied for a while?

Edited to add - the thieves seemed to be very familiar with the layout and security of the place.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Marketing opportunity alert!. Every cloud and all that http://3.bp.blogspot...600/arsenal.jpg

:lol: That's a fun film ... decent mystery though mainly a good laugh ... as long as you don't mind dated style of acting. Good clips of real action of football of the time (mixed with actors pretending to play). And real Arsenal stars of the time make an appearance.

But don't forget Firhill has already put in an appearance in Taggart. :thumbsup2: