New Signings

MWM

Richie Barr of Irvine Meadow and Kevin Bell, a goalkeeper of Rob Roy will be signing soon.

My dad knows someone that is "In the know" throughout the juniors and he was also told about Richie Barr. Would be a decent signing if this is true.

Edit to add: A fee wasn't mentioned to my dad but I'm sure he'd have to be one of their best players and they would want a fee, have you been told about a fee? and can we afford this?

Edited by Jeehon

My dad knows someone that is "In the know" throughout the juniors and he was also told about Richie Barr. Would be a decent signing if this is true.

Edit to add: A fee wasn't mentioned to my dad but I'm sure he'd have to be one of their best players and they would want a fee, have you been told about a fee? and can we afford this?

Decent level at what, junior level?

One has to wonder if these posts are really acceptable for the forum. Surely they are unverified rUmour that could be damging to the clubs interests, no?

I personally feel it would be irresponsible in the extreme to allow posts like this on the forum.

I mean, think of the children!! wont anyone think of the CHILDREN......

Edited by ThistleMad

It's funny how people 'in the know' turn up after these rumours start.

When I say inspiring I don't mean something ridiculous like internationals and such like, I just mean within reason, there are probably more free agents this summer than ever before, surely we should be targetting them rather than untried juniors, and yes I am aware that if other clubs are interested then we are going to struggle to compete on wages but there are more players out there than there are deals to be had.

I should also add that we could actually do alot worse than Mclaughlin.

When I say inspiring I don't mean something ridiculous like internationals and such like, I just mean within reason, there are probably more free agents this summer than ever before, surely we should be targetting them rather than untried juniors, and yes I am aware that if other clubs are interested then we are going to struggle to compete on wages but there are more players out there than there are deals to be had.

I should also add that we could actually do alot worse than Mclaughlin.

Completely agree mate and would be a more inspiring signing than the untried Juniors

I'm having difficulty remembering any time I have been inspired by Thistle signings. I have however been inspired when I watched some of them play in red n yellow. I have also been quite impressed when watching the handful of junior games I have attended. Some junior club players may well become better than average 1st Div players. Others won't. But let's trust Mr McCall in his signings..... at least until they prove themselves.

The Ayrshire juniors expert I know says Barr is easily one of the best finishers in the league and can ping them in from all over the place. He's surprised no one has taken a punt on him earlier in his career but reckons he is the type of lad who could easily cut it and adapt to senior football.