Goodbye Ptfc- Thank You For The Wonderful Memories!

Ami

Hi guys,

I wanted to send you all a message as I’m leaving PTFC. I’ve got a new job and finish up at the Club on Friday. I’ve had an incredible 5 years with Thistle.

My journey started with a phone call from Lance Gilmour while I was in Sainsbury’s to ask me to come in and cover the PA and music with him, after I had sent him a letter asking for work experience. I came in and fell in love with the Jags. After a lot of making tea and blowing up carnival balloons I was offered a temp role in the office helping with busy times and Rangers tickets. I came in full time to cover to Rangers ticket sales. We went to Ibrox and took the game to a replay. Strange feeling as I’m actually a Rangers fan but I knew the game going to a replay meant I was staying full time in Firhill for a while longer. By the time of the replay the Club was in my heart, I was so close to the players, staff and everybody that when Rangers won the game I was gutted. I was gutted for everybody connected to Thistle. The players put everything they had into the game. After the game and on the back of the red, yellow and black card display I was asked to stay on. Through people moving on in the office I was given the chance to learn how to look after all parts of a football Club. My first player contract was Jackie Mac, strange to think that was only a couple of years ago!!! I’ve had so many amazing times here and met so many marvellous people- too many to mention! I really have had a fantastic 5 years at the Club. I have so many people to thank Tommy Dunnett our camera man is one in a million, Jim Wilson our photographer who comes in and covers so much for us and all the youth games at the weekends, George Furze, Lance for giving me the break, John Smith the real ‘gaffer’, James Shaw, Barry McClelland, Gerry Britton one the best guys I know, all my volunteers who work their hearts out behind the scenes to keep this Club going- so many to mention, you all know who you are. To our General Manager, Ian Maxwell I know a few folk had reservations with Maxi moving upstairs but he is putting everything he has into the Club doing a brilliant job and will continue to do a brilliant job, to the current BOD I honestly think they are the right people to take the Club forward. To the players and staff past and present-thank you!! To the SFL and press guys! My biggest thank you is to you guys, the Jags fans, without you guys the Club wouldn’t be here and I wouldn’t have had all the experiences I have had. You never fail to amaze me with your support and love for the Club. You’re all amazing!!

I know this is long winded message so thanks for reading it and all the best.

Ami Small x

Edited by Ami

to the current BOD I honestly think they are the right people to take the Club forward.

They must be giving you a BIG payoff!

Seriously though, all the best in your new job. We all value the work you've done and the club will be worse off after you go.

Ami.

So sorry to hear you are leaving but all the very best for the future.

You have be so kind to me and in particular my two kids. Hope you still have the photo's of Dylan.

Thank you so much for everything, you made the tough times during the early stages of Dylan's life so much easier for Trish and myself. Will never forget all you arranged.

Love ya

Alan, Trish, Hannah Jane and Dylan