Just In V Boring County

angry gaz

As predictable as it possibly could be.Lost a shit goal from a set piece and County time wasted for the next fortyfive minutes.Game got bogged down in midfeild with the ball being lumped continually up in the air.I thought we were very good the first half but if this mob take the lead against you then it's game over.Erskine and Cairney were off the ball which didnt help although I felt the state of the pitch after the rugby didnt help.

Plenty wrong with our second half performance but Id be happy if I never ever have to watch that Anti-football,cheating ,feigning injury time-wasting disgrace of a football team that's called Ross County again.They time wasted from the begining of the second half, 45 minutes of utter dross from them and the sooner the feck of to sphell the better , genuinley hoped the get pumped every week , some of the worst football games Ive ever seen have been against them.

Taking football back to the dark ages.Spoke to some county fans in the Woody after and even they seemed ashamed, theres no excuse for that type of football.Adams- you owe me my money back.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh. Terrible goal to lose. Plenty of possession. Shite atmosphere. Cold pie. Nice day. Decent crowd. Doolan and Erskine starved of ball up front. Nasty cut for Bannigan, who was decent. Ref let County away with time-wasting and persistent following.

Meh. There's a post in there somewhere just can't be arsed putting it together.

As predictable as it possibly could be.Lost a shit goal from a set piece and County time wasted for the next fortyfive minutes.Game got bogged down in midfeild with the ball being lumped continually up in the air.I thought we were very good the first half but if this mob take the lead against you then it's game over.Erskine and Cairney were off the ball which didnt help although I felt the state of the pitch after the rugby didnt help.

Plenty wrong with our second half performance but Id be happy if I never ever have to watch that Anti-football,cheating ,feigning injury time-wasting disgrace of a football team that's called Ross County again.They time wasted from the begining of the second half, 45 minutes of utter dross from them and the sooner the feck of to sphell the better , genuinley hoped the get pumped every week , some of the worst football games Ive ever seen have been against them.

Taking football back to the dark ages.Spoke to some county fans in the Woody after and even they seemed ashamed, theres no excuse for that type of football.Adams- you owe me my money back.

I didnt think we were that great first half. We were better than County sure but I thought once again far too much tippy tappy stuff rather than someone having a good shot. A few to many having an off day. Best player of the game I thought was Bannigan, ran his socks off, he may look fairly lightweight but doesnt shirk any tackles, got stuck in and I wouldnt mind seeing McNamara give him a few more chances. I hope he is not one who follows McBeth out the door, there are a number of others who should be out long before Bannigan. Hope the lad is okay after the knock he got in the second half

County were away from home and would have been happy with a point but got 3, you can't criticise a team for being efficient and sticking to a game plan.

For what It's worth I thought we played pretty well just lacking that cutting edge, our creative players had a bit of an off day.

Think it was difficult to get shots away today as they had so many men behind the ball. What shots we did have were always blocked. county defended well but for a team so far in front of the rest, they could have been far more adventurous than they were today. They were awful to watch. Jags, at least tried to get the ball down and make passes.

Ball took some awful bounces on the park today. Be glad to get rid of the warriors, though money was a huge benefit.

County were away from home and would have been happy with a point but got 3, you can't criticise a team for being efficient and sticking to a game plan

Yes you can criticise them when that game plan lacks any imagination or entertainment value. That was an utterly shocking way of playing football. If that is what it takes to win the first division I would rather finish second.

Yes you can criticise them when that game plan lacks any imagination or entertainment value. That was an utterly shocking way of playing football. If that is what it takes to win the first division I would rather finish second.

I would understand it more if County had a smaller budget than other teams and were batteling to stay in the division.Its not like they're playing Man U at old trafford or the like, they're against teams who are maybe not even on a par with them financially or squad wise.The time wasting and diving got to me as much as the tactics they employed.A thouroughly unlikable bunch of wee nyaff players too

As I said I spoke to some County fans in the pub and even they were embarassed. If more managers see this as a way to win promotion then football in Scotland is even more fecked than we thought.

totally agree with first post...

A painful game to watch again v County..... solid enough team but with not much football in them at all... will be glad to see them get promoted.. and struggle, that brand of football(thats being polite calling it that) has no place in the game at any level.

I really wonder where football is going if that sort of stuff is winning leagues.. time wasting and diving about and committing cynical fouls in all areas is acceptable to watch.. I feel they will be straight up and down and hopefully skint.

Adams you can take that horrible brand of football you play and those tactics as far away as possible.

We pay decent money to watch games these days.. ok..Jags are not or never will be Barcelona etc etc but at least we have a go and don't waste time for half a match etc etc

BORING COUNTY good luck because you will need it.

Ps as usual the ref was sh*t

County just didn't seem interested in attacking at any point during the 90mins - the amount of times they looked like they could break but opted to pass sideways or backwards was breathtaking. They are solid but seem to relay on set pieces. God, they are shit to watch - I cannot believe they are top by such a distance. Thistle played okay, without actually getting many shots away themselves. When they beat us earlier in the season I thought they played some nice stuff and deserved to win - today they were just going through the motions. We'll miss teams like QOS more than we'll miss County. I'm sure Adams only brough that bloater Corcoran on to rub salt into our wounds - he truely is the definition of shite.

Adam's should have his manager's licence revoked for bringing football into disrepute with his tactics.If that is what is being trained in their youth set up

I feel sorry for the boys.Why anyone would travel from Dingwall to watch a display like that week in week out baffles me.

A sorry apology for a football team.

pretty much what I seen!

Boring County? Embarrassing chants from the JHS today. Their manager has found a way to get their team out the league. They didn't score a goal and keep a clean sheet because of their time wasting. They won because they have an effective solid unit that are very difficult to break down, and so far this season McNamara has shown no sign of managing to break through their defence with players he has to work with.

Well if they're boring then what were we today? Even more boring and useless in front of goal.

They came with a game plan, managed to get a goal and as predicted we offered next to no threat against their defence.

Today just reminded me of similar games against the same opposition and Raith Rovers, where we show next to no imagination of how to break down their defence. From 60 minutes onwards it was just long ball, not good enough.

Edited by northernsoul

Strange thing was that they were even wasting time in the first half when the scores were level.

Beat me to it. They'd have been happy enough to go away with a point today. Tbh don't think that was much of a game plan. Just a team technically a notch above any other team in the league inching towards the championship.

Boring County? Embarrassing chants from the JHS today. Their manager has found a way to get their team out the league. They didn't score a goal and keep a clean sheet because of their time wasting. They won because they have an effective solid unit that are very difficult to break down, and so far this season McNamara has shown no sign of managing to break through their defence with players he has to work with.

Well if they're boring then what were we today? Even more boring and useless in front of goal.

They came with a game plan, managed to get a goal and as predicted we offered next to no threat against their defence.

Today just reminded me of similar games against the same opposition and Raith Rovers, where we show next to no imagination of how to break down their defence. From 60 minutes onwards it was just long ball, not good enough.

I see what your saying... but come on.... that was torture... any team I have seen in recent years that is away with the league come and make it a game.. and at least play a bit.. their game plan = waste time and break up game with cynical fouls(cute with them) and moan and roll about the place.... no thanks... football and bore ball

While the latter half has some merit, can I just point out we scored twice in Dingwall so we have found a way through this season.

And the only embarrassment was on the park by the team in white. It's all very well saying they've found a way to play in the league but they are a team 17 points clear and promotion is a formality, so trying to justify the way they played today is laughable.

Fine, sitting with 7 men on the edge of the box is dull but effective but the time wasting (in the first half especially, remember the defender who was just standing waiting for the ball to go out with no player 10 yards near him - even just pass to the feckin keeper), the cynical fouls, kicking the ball away, blocking even attempting to place the ball for a free kick and the faking injury deserved all the catcalls and more from the JHS.

Good riddance.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ... non event today. organised, efficient, effective, dull. Ach well we weren't good enough to carve them open so never mind. onwards and upwards. well done county not saying it was deserved but neither did we.

PS: how the ref didnt even warn the goalie about time wasting says it all. stop this fast track scheme,the refs are p*sh.

Edited by kennymac29

The one that was really farcical was when it went out for a goal kick to County. Keeper picks the ball up throws the ball forward outside the 6 yard box slightly to the right hand side knowing fine well it's a goal kick. He then slowly goes to pick it up then plods over to the left hand side.

Think the ref. only pulled out the yellow once for time wasting.

I see what your saying... but come on.... that was torture... any team I have seen in recent years that is away with the league come and make it a game.. and at least play a bit.. their game plan = waste time and break up game with cynical fouls(cute with them) and moan and roll about the place.... no thanks... football and bore ball

You think the Country players, manager or fans give a shit about not entertaining Thistle fans?

I think they'll be quite happy going one step closer to winning the league. They came not to get beat, they didn't get beat, they got a scrappy goal and won. I much prefer watching us gubbed away than I would watching us grind out away victories :frantic:

The time i lost it was the foul before the goal, where before that there was a foul, possible booking, for the foul on cairney then theres a slight touch on a county player and the ref covers 20 yards like linford christie in 1 second to run and signal a foul like his life depended on it.

I apologise to the young boy i possibly semi spat on after my rant.

Edited by kennymac29

FAO thesteerts & 1876jag

For me it's unfair to compare the way County play in Dingwall to the way the play away from home. I've seen us play in Dingwall earlier in the season and it's clear they have a game plan away from home.

We've seen this style of play from County for a good few years now. It's literally the same thing every year and our record against them is poor. You'd like to think, despite the managerial change there would be some sort of new tactic or change in our game to try and find some way of at least creating chances and testing their keeper. After 60 minutes it was just punt, punt, punt. That illustrates a frustration and lack of a plan B, to me in the team tactics against County.

I appreciate and did see the time waisting from County, I'm not denying that. What I have a problem with is the crowd labelling them "boring". We were even more boring and useless in front of goal and that's not down to them, that's down to us.