"One Thistle" Discussion

Dark Passenger

What bizzare postings!

Why has it taken some positive news, for you to attempt to counter it with your perceived negative?

Why havent you been up in arms last week? Why are you only now being critical?

So far only this has been discussed under the one thistle banner. And jim, lance, ian and myself have alligned ourselves to it.

Im sure if others want to be known on here, they will. But thats their perogative. And i would respect that.

Say xxx jag on here signs up to help one thistle. Are you suggesting that he should have to make himself known so that he opens himself up to continual PMs and posts on here? What if he doesnt wAnt that?

Remember when adam bell hoored himself around the old forum to get votes to be board rep of the trust? As soon as he got voted on, and disappeared, he was enemy number one.

Maybe some folk dont want that?

Surely just as DP and JA use their anonymity then a member of one thistle can do the same?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why not look at trying and make one thistle the thing that sheds the suspicion and mistrust that has existed at firhill for so many years? be clear with telling people what's going on instead of, well, not being clear. how can the club expect to get people interested if at every turn there's a group of fans appearing to be off in wee secret groups doing things? ...why not really put some impact behind one thistle by telling the fans who these others fans are behind the big moves for a positive change. who knows when fans see the guys sitting in the seat next to them they might actually be motivated to do the same. instead, its same old thistle, a group of fans with the best of intentions of making positive moves start getting drawn into the secret world of thistle where no-one outside of the group knows who does what and, when they are asked, the doors slam shut and those asking the questions are seen as being negative. do you not think it would be a really positive thing to see the faces of the fans who are part of the one thistle initiative?

I for one don't give a hoot who the individuals are who are involved in "One Thistle". It looks like a it could be a very positive initiative, and as long as there are channels open to allow input to get to the group, I'm happy that some supporters are putting effort into this. I don't need to know that it's Billy X or David Y. What difference does it make? Is it a "veil of secrecy" if somebody wants to contribute without his or her identity being exposed to everybody? I think we should be thankful that people want to be actively involved, and are actually doing something about it.

What bizzare postings!

Why has it taken some positive news, for you to attempt to counter it with your perceived negative?

Why havent you been up in arms last week? Why are you only now being critical?

So far only this has been discussed under the one thistle banner. And jim, lance, ian and myself have alligned ourselves to it.

Im sure if others want to be known on here, they will. But thats their perogative. And i would respect that.

Say xxx jag on here signs up to help one thistle. Are you suggesting that he should have to make himself known so that he opens himself up to continual PMs and posts on here? What if he doesnt wAnt that?

Remember when adam bell hoored himself around the old forum to get votes to be board rep of the trust? As soon as he got voted on, and disappeared, he was enemy number one.

Maybe some folk dont want that?

Surely just as DP and JA use their anonymity then a member of one thistle can do the same?

I think we need a black one-legged lesbian saxsophonist to join the group. :hypocrite:

Funny how the 2 people demanding "transparency" both post under pseudonyms.

Listen, I've only become involved since Saturday, same with Davie.

The meeting was with Jim, Lance, and Maxi. How much more transparency do you want?

For what it's worth, at the meeting in question, I had an irn-bru, jim had a mineral water and Davie had a guiness!

Funny how the 2 people demanding "transparency" both post under pseudonyms.

Listen, I've only become involved since Saturday, same with Davie.

The meeting was with Jim, Lance, and Maxi. How much more transparency do you want?

For what it's worth, at the meeting in question, I had an irn-bru, jim had a mineral water and Davie had a guiness!

:detective:

Cover-up !!!! :shocked:

You withheld what Lance and Maxi had.

Shocking secret society !! :confused1::wacko::rolleyes:

Shame on you ian_mac :crazy:

I wonder if the One Thistle group could revive the idea of a subscription service for exiled fans along with all the other objectives the Nomads had, when we were active. That would be well worth a shot considering how well the Nomads did in bringing far flung fans closer to Firhill.

I wonder if the One Thistle group could revive the idea of a subscription service for exiled fans along with all the other objectives the Nomads had, when we were active. That would be well worth a shot considering how well the Nomads did in bringing far flung fans closer to Firhill.

Good call, both Falkirk and Raith are now running similar services. I've only heard good things about them.

brilliant. you've earned your club colours already with that answer. someone asks a question that doesn't fit and its seen as being negative. why not look at trying and make one thistle the thing that sheds the suspicion and mistrust that has existed at firhill for so many years? be clear with telling people what's going on instead of, well, not being clear. how can the club expect to get people interested if at every turn there's a group of fans appearing to be off in wee secret groups doing things? its how its always done at thistle so why not push through a different way? why not really put some impact behind one thistle by telling the fans who these others fans are behind the big moves for a positive change. who knows when fans see the guys sitting in the seat next to them they might actually be motivated to do the same. instead, its same old thistle, a group of fans with the best of intentions of making positive moves start getting drawn into the secret world of thistle where no-one outside of the group knows who does what and, when they are asked, the doors slam shut and those asking the questions are seen as being negative. do you not think it would be a really positive thing to see the faces of the fans who are part of the one thistle initiative? until something really changes then there will still be those who think its a load of bluster. when i heard the one thistle announcement i had a little ripple of positivity that something could really be changing but with what has come out in the last couple of hours i just think we're back to where we were before. you've always been a fan with a big voice (not a criticism) and not scared of speaking out. i'm amazed that you can't see the flaw in the way things are being presented.

for the record i applaud you for getting involved and making what you and your group see as positive change.

You have stated that suspicion and mistrust has existed at Firhill for years -I agree however over the last Season we have had a very open presentation on the finances at the Club at the time of the EGM -David Beattie is open regards any plans in the Programme and Press -the Club traded in the black last Year as opposed to the "budget for a £300K loss" concept or Armageddon statements -from what I can see a lot of work has gone on trying to stabilise the finances -we have a challange regards the Warriors -a Group has been formed to work with the Club to address this and connect to the Fans all of this makes us a different Club from the one in the past you describe.

Regards onethistle there areas of responsibilty have been stated in public ,if you go to Saatchi and Saatchi you expect them to deliver you dont demand to know everyone working on the account -the first objective was to address Matchday Experience this is being done ,the move to the North Stand has been handled in a Proffessional and Open manner -the who is irrelevant, the delivery is the important bit for the Fans of PTFC.

You have stated that suspicion and mistrust has existed at Firhill for years -I agree however over the last Season we have had a very open presentation on the finances at the Club at the time of the EGM -David Beattie is open regards any plans in the Programme and Press -the Club traded in the black last Year as opposed to the "budget for a £300K loss" concept or Armageddon statements -from what I can see a lot of work has gone on trying to stabilise the finances -we have a challange regards the Warriors -a Group has been formed to work with the Club to address this and connect to the Fans all of this makes us a different Club from the one in the past you describe.

Regards onethistle there areas of responsibilty have been stated in public ,if you go to Saatchi and Saatchi you expect them to deliver you dont demand to know everyone working on the account -the first objective was to address Matchday Experience this is being done ,the move to the North Stand has been handled in a Proffessional and Open manner -the who is irrelevant, the delivery is the important bit for the Fans of PTFC.

Well said there!!!

Personally, I think that OneThistle team should be limited to those that can actually spell prerogative.

hehe, meow :lol:

I volunteered to help Thistle a couple of seasons ago and was met with scorn over it by a small section of fans, so can totally understand anyone involved in One Thistle wanting to remain anonymous. Word of warning tho, be careful about judging 'individuals' based on the 'group' they are perceived to belong to. Not too fussed on who is involved as long as we see improvements. I hear what 'Jools' and DP are saying but tend to be more in agreement with JJ et al...there's no denying that progress is being made, lets hope that progress continues.

you go to Saatchi and Saatchi you expect them to deliver you dont demand to know everyone working on the account

I wasn't going to post on this thread again because I genuinely don't want to see it become a distraction from the positive moves the groups are making, but you've surpassed yourself there...

Anyway, you say you're looking for ideas, so here's mine: as the one Thistle team expands, those that are happy to be identified as volunteers should be. Give the fans as many points of contact as you can. Make them feel they can approach you (the team, not you as an individual) on match days, even if you don't agree with what they have to say.

To his credit, I think Potty Trained has approached this in a measured, professional manner. You're as brusque as ever and, while I think that it's great that Ian Mac is involved as a 'vocal' fan, he might contemplate dropping the 'angry wee man' stance if he's to be seen as an approachable individual.

That's the views of a fellow fan, right there.

Edited by Dark Passenger

Dear God, I can't believe I'm reading this. DP, JA, just rock up and offer your services. That seems to be what everyone else has done. I don't think you will be turned down, but I don't think anyone will get a personal invitation.

And I have never met JJ, but I know how much he has done for the club. I don't think he is brusque, I just think he has a cavalier attitude to punctuation, and I don't intend that as a criticism.

Thanks for the feedback DP.

I'm not angry, and I'm certainly not "wee".

To be honest, we expected you and "Julie Ann" to chip in. You're comments are pretty much word for word as I predicted they would be.

The fact that it's only you 2 that have anything negative to say speaks volumes.

• Members

I volunteered to help Thistle a couple of seasons ago and was met with scorn over it by a small section of fans, so can totally understand anyone involved in One Thistle wanting to remain anonymous.

Unlucky Steven! I'll report the opposite. When I volunteered to help with fundraising a couple of years ago, I didn't find any reluctance from folk to respond either on the forum of the time or on matchdays. I think it all depends on what you are trying to do to help the Club and the manner you go about it. I think it's evident from the reaction to the Shed moving that the majority of folk are in favour and backing Dave and Ian with their involvement.

Thanks for the feedback DP. I'm not angry, and I'm certainly not "wee". To be honest, we expected you and "Julie Ann" to chip in. You're comments are pretty much word for word as I predicted they would be. The fact that it's only you 2 that have anything negative to say speaks volumes.

No problem.

So, just so I get this straight, we're 'One Thistle' but 'dissenting' (and I enclose that in apostrophes because I've reiterated time and again that I support the North Stand move) voices and those with alternative ideas who you've had 'previous' with aren't welcome?

Here's another idea - appoint a spokesperson. Someone calm, measured and professional - all the things the group claims to be - and let him run with issues like this. Because you sure as hell haven't removed the doubt from my mind that this scheme will be one run by the same old faces with the same old agendas.

Unlucky Steven! I'll report the opposite. When I volunteered to help with fundraising a couple of years ago, I didn't find any reluctance from folk to respond either on the forum of the time or on matchdays. I think it all depends on what you are trying to do to help the Club and the manner you go about it. I think it's evident from the reaction to the Shed moving that the majority of folk are in favour and backing Dave and Ian with their involvement.

Nah, Im pretty sure it was more of a personal thing (big stupid jackets with the word 'staff' on the back didnt help)...and it was water off a ducks back to me really, it just surprised me that some folk thought there was some sort of 'personal glory/superfan' agenda attached to what I (maybe we would be more accurate...but that attaches me to 'the group' I mentioned in my previous post) was doing. But that experience just highlights for me why some would prefer to remain anonymous. Dave and Ian couldn't be anonymous if they tried, big buggers that they are :o , but yup pretty sure they'll have the backing of the majority as they are speaking for the majority :thumbsup2:

No problem.

So, just so I get this straight, we're 'One Thistle' but 'dissenting' (and I enclose that in apostrophes because I've reiterated time and again that I support the North Stand move) voices and those with alternative ideas who you've had 'previous' with aren't welcome?

Here's another idea - appoint a spokesperson. Someone calm, measured and professional - all the things the group claims to be - and let him run with issues like this. Because you sure as hell haven't removed the doubt from my mind that this scheme will be one run by the same old faces with the same old agendas.

You're entitled to an opinion, but let's be honest, JJ could find a cure for cancer and you'd still have a dig at him. If it was "same old faces" with "same old agendas" do you really think me and Dave would be involved?

Thanks for the feedback DP.

I'm not angry, and I'm certainly not "wee".

To be honest, we expected you and "Julie Ann" to chip in. You're comments are pretty much word for word as I predicted they would be.

The fact that it's only you 2 that have anything negative to say speaks volumes.

sorry that you see any comment as being negative but my point is that one thistle has positive written all over it and to use a cliche, it has a positive open goal all over it.

for the avoidance of any doubt from anyone i'm all for what one thistle is about. i applaud everyone who gets involved and makes an effort to improve things. fact is it should have been done years ago.

my point was that it comes across as another wee thistle closed door thing that unless you're in then you're out. classic thistle of battening down the hatches when anyone not on the inside offers a different view point or suggestion. if that's not the case then great but if that's how it can be seen that that has to be a concern? surely history tells you that doing it differently means just that, not just the bits that you want.

and just to reiterate, i'm all for one thistle.

On the subject of expanding the OneThistle, which I'm sure it will as time goes on. It has only recently just been launched. They have got a whole summer to be approached or reach out to fans for their ideas and contribution.

A good proposal I think would to gather a representative from all the supporters buses, whether they still run or not. So you would have the:

City Centre

Jordanhill

North-West

Bishopbriggs

Cumbernauld

East Kilbride

Summerston?

Jackie Husband?

I'm not meaning only one person from these buses chips in, helps out and others can't, just that a representative might make it easier to gather feedback in a quicker manner.

You're entitled to an opinion, but let's be honest, JJ could find a cure for cancer and you'd still have a dig at him.

Yes, let's be honest. I think that statement is a load of pish. I can't remember being highly critical of JJ in the past. In fact, I remember being involved, initially, in the project that eventually became 'What A Sensation'. Anyway, what your posts highlight to me - particularly the one about myself and JA being discussed - is that old arguments are still fresh in the minds of the 'new' group.