Rangers Fc- A Nation Mourns?

Milo

Fined by the SFA. Banned from transfers. Craig (I don't care!) Whyte fined and banned for life from any involvement in Scottish football.

How do you feel? Is it:- Tee! Hee! Rangers brought that conman into Scottish football - they are reaping what they have sown.

Or:- do you have some sympathy for the Gers fans - watching helplessly as their club does a very good impersonation of the Titanic?

Now, class, discuss..............................

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fined by the SFA. Banned from transfers. Craig (I don't care!) Whyte fined and banned for life from any involvement in Scottish football.

How do you feel? Is it:- Tee! Hee! Rangers brought that conman into Scottish football - they are reaping what they have sown.

Or:- do you have some sympathy for the Gers fans - watching helplessly as their club does a very good impersonation of the Titanic?

My feeling is.......................I THINK I LURV CRAIG WHYTE................lol

A nation mourns ? More like a nation drowns in tears of laughter :D

Before we get the usual pish about us being in the shitter blah blah blah. **** it im enjoying the slow painful death of a horrible football club based on institutionalised bigotry. My only fear is that there is a comeback of Lazarus proportions that means they dont actually get into liquidation :(

Its actually a very clever punishment from the SFA. If Rangers move into "newco" and want to stay in the SPL they are ****** over, if they take the hit that they should after being liquidated then they reapply for a new licence in the SFL and start again from division 3 without any penalties. The way I see it is that this is the SFA forcing the SPLs hand to not allow any "newco" straight entry into the SPL as if nothing happened.

Edited by Junior

A nation mourns ? More like a nation drowns in tears of laughter :D

Before we get the usual pish about us being in the shitter blah blah blah. **** it im enjoying the slow painful death of a horrible football club based on institutionalised bigotry. My only fear is that there is a comeback of Lazarus proportions that means they dont actually get into liquidation :(

Its actually a very clever punishment from the SFA. If Rangers move into "newco" and want to stay in the SPL they are ****** over, if they take the hit that they should after being liquidated then they reapply for a new licence in the SFL and start again from division 3 without any penalties. The way I see it is that this is the SFA forcing the SPLs hand to not allow any "newco" straight entry into the SPL as if nothing happened.

Is it ?

I see this as a bit of a non-punishment, other than making liquidation more inevitable than it already was.

The fines will never get paid, other than maybe pennies in the pound if Rangers do go the CVA route. It is just a few hundred thousand onto the total which will get divided by the same amount of money put up by Rangers. The difference now is that via the CVA route, they pick up the transfer embargo.

If they go the liquidation route, no fines get paid and the transfer embargo does not apply to the new company, which hasn't broken any rules. There will be the SPL lottery of having Rangers 1690 FC or whatever they call themselves re-elected, but I would put money on how that would turn out.

So, via liquidation, this is a meaningless punishment and liquidation was always the most likely outcome.

They will appeal, most of the sanctions will be watered down, end of story

Aye, and as for Whyte getting a lifetime ban, well we all know how long a lifetime is in SFA terms.

Just occurred to me tho' re rangers. How quick can an appeal be heard? SFA wheels usually move slowly and as I see it time is of an essence.

Probably the second category, mainly because I don't take any delight in their potential demise, and I view Scottish football with only one member of the OF as probably worse than their current balancing act.

But it's hard to feel sympathy, despite the obvious pain I see decent Rangers fans going through. They have no 'divine right' to exist or assume that rules of fair play and governance don't count for them.

The thing that will make me sad and frustrated is if this is not grasped as a real opportunity for long term reform of the Scottish game. All options should now be open. Reform the leagues to a three tier, regionalised, setup and let the rump of RFC join at the bottom level. If their 50,000ish fans disappear from the game, that money, and the potential it can bring, will be lost for good. But to let them continue as a new entity in the SPL would be appalling.

If I was a Rangers fan I'd probably be so emotionally exhausted by all this that I'd be in favour of killing the club in it's current form and letting the phoenix club establish itself competitively in the league. But I can't see any of the bidders having the wherewithal to carry that out.

I seem to have difficulty trying to keep up with this but Rangers didnt pay there bills and went into administration -so did Motherwell ,Livvy (twice) ,Falkirk and Dundee (twice) -what is it that they have done differently from the others to justify a transfer embargo -its a geniune question ,also how much differently did Whyte act from say Boyle at Motherwell to justify a life ban -Im I missing something here.

They all cheat by using other peoples money to fund there Clubs and deserve draconian punishment BUT I cant get my head round what it is that Whyte has done different from the rest -can someone explian.

And before anyone accuses me of being a closet H*n Motherwell and Dundee directly impacted on PTFC ,Falkirk gained promotion and a new Stadium after a CVA ie by not paying people ,Livvy funded a Youth Structure we would give our right arm for by not paying people and going into admin- so why were they not all punished in a similiar vain to Rangers and Whyte ?

I seem to have difficulty trying to keep up with this but Rangers didnt pay there bills and went into administration -so did Motherwell ,Livvy (twice) ,Falkirk and Dundee (twice) -what is it that they have done differently from the others to justify a transfer embargo -its a geniune question ,also how much differently did Whyte act from say Boyle at Motherwell to justify a life ban -Im I missing something here.

They all cheat by using other peoples money to fund there Clubs and deserve draconian punishment BUT I cant get my head round what it is that Whyte has done different from the rest -can someone explian.

And before anyone accuses me of being a closet H*n Motherwell and Dundee directly impacted on PTFC ,Falkirk gained promotion and a new Stadium after a CVA ie by not paying people ,Livvy funded a Youth Structure we would give our right arm for by not paying people and going into admin- so why were they not all punished in a similiar vain to Rangers and Whyte ?

Valid points Jim.

Maybe it is a case of those that went before Rangers should have punished more severely than they were, though to be fair, Livi were demoted to the Third Division, rather than Rangers being unfairly punished.

All I will say is that the next Club that goes into Administration, and there will be a next one, is in for one hell of a hard time.

If they go the liquidation route, no fines get paid and the transfer embargo does not apply to the new company, which hasn't broken any rules.

The chat I saw somewhere earlier was that if the SFA transfer membership of the dead Rangers to the newco then the embargo transfers too.

Satisfactory.

think it may be the fact there is a few spl teams owed money which breaks specific rules and have accumulated the final punishment with this also there have been new rules since those clubs that have only ipacted on rangers or any club that goes under now.

anyway it rangers so they can GIRUT, although i would have been even happier if it had been the HARdons :thumbsup2:

think it may be the fact there is a few spl teams owed money which breaks specific rules and have accumulated the final punishment with this also there have been new rules since those clubs that have only ipacted on rangers or any club that goes under now.

anyway it rangers so they can GIRUT, although i would have been even happier if it had been the HARdons :thumbsup2:

I'm sure that given the profile of the South Side Ugly Sister in the European game (even if it has been as a laughing stock this season), the SFA will be sh*tt*ng it that UEFA might be scrutinising their actions as the ultimate governing body of the Scottish game. When you consider the current emphasis on financial fair play rules, then it falls into place that the suits at Hampden cannot leave themselves open to exemplary sanctions from UEFA.

Having said that, the SFA have been left over a barrel by R*ng*rs themselves, given their omission to undertake appropriate due diligence on Craig Whyte, which beggars belief.

Edited by Barney Rubble

And how many of the 2002 Scottish Cup semi final squad were on contracts that couldn't be afforded if they were not avoiding paying tax ? We were cheated out of a Scottish Cup final.

As for the transfer embargo, that penalty was for a breach of SFA rule 66 - bringing the game into disrepute. The panel will shortly publish exactly why they think that rule was broken. Only £50k of the fine and the earlier 10 point penalty were for going into administration.

heard a currant bun on the radio tonite on the mope line saying

- he'd cancelled his sky subscription to stick it right up the SPL a the sky money is divided amongst the other clubs

- the bear fans were 'riled up' and ready to take action and in a kind of Hulk fashion we wouldn't like them when they are angry

heard another currant bun on the TV moping

- must be an 'agenda' against the gers

laughing my t*ts off at them and not likely to stop until that chinese businessman Lee Qwee Day Shun takes them over :lol:

I feel sorry for the wee guys at the club; and no, I don't mean Stevens Davis or Naismith. I mean the people who work in the shop, on the turnstiles, in the tea room or behind the pie counter on matchdays (and considering how fat some Rangers fans are, those guys must have been working like buggery). The wee guys who stand to lose their jobs, if they haven't done so already.

We should remember, though, that not every Rangers fan is a morbidly obese, shaven heided, King Billy tatooed, slevering, union jack twirling, bigoted f*ck-wit. I know plenty of decent folk who follow Rangers and - maybe this is just me - I would gladly welcome some of the saner denizens of Ibrox to the Firhill fold should their club ultimately... erm, fold. However, for those fans falling in to the slevering, bigoted, monobrowed, knuckledragging category I have no sympathy for whatsoever, and I am currently experiencing a great deal of shameful, laughing-through-my-hat joy at the thought of the vehicle for their inarticulate, bilious hatred being pulped. Ha ha!

Anyone in the second category should look at the U-tube clip "The big hoose must stay open" and "Explaining debt to a H*n". A laugh a second.

Those clips are both pure comedy gold. I am thinking of doing a spin-off of 'Explaining Debt To a H*n' entitled 'Explaing the H*n's Demise to a Tim', because a lot of Celtic fans - who are rarely noted for their sense of reality - don't seem to understand that their club is liable to suffer more than any from Rangers' increasingly probable demise, at least in the medium term.

So much of the revenue in Scottish football - or rather, the SPL - comes from TV money. And why do ESPN and Sky feel it is worth their while forking out money to televise SPL football? To show Old Firm games, of course; and there is no show without punch. The prospect of Celtic v St Johnstone, or Celtic v St Mirren, or Inverness CT v Celtic (live from the banks of the Moray Firth in a legoland stadium) just won't "do it" for the casual viewer, or for the TV execs.

heard a currant bun on the radio tonite on the mope line saying

- he'd cancelled his sky subscription to stick it right up the SPL a the sky money is divided amongst the other clubs

- the bear fans were 'riled up' and ready to take action and in a kind of Hulk fashion we wouldn't like them when they are angry

heard another currant bun on the TV moping

- must be an 'agenda' against the gers

laughing my t*ts off at them and not likely to stop until that chinese businessman Lee Qwee Day Shun takes them over :lol:

There was an absolutely hilarious thread started on a Rangers forum a few years ago when a group of them were talking about organising a demo outside BBC Scotland's Pacific Quay headquarters because the H word was used by a character on Rab C Nesbitt!