Rangers Fc- A Nation Mourns?

Milo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the Club have the right to withhold its players from Scotland national team?

First off I think this is Rangers fans demanding their team do this, don't think anyone officially connected with Rangers has said anything at all about it (though they could easily have said they wouldn't do this).

As for right to do this, don't think they do but of course we all know that players have been pressurised by their team into claiming convenient injuries when called up.

First off I think this is Rangers fans demanding their team do this, don't think anyone officially connected with Rangers has said anything at all about it (though they could easily have said they wouldn't do this).

As for right to do this, don't think they do but of course we all know that players have been pressurised by their team into claiming convenient injuries when called up.

The national team always has the right to assess 'injured' players with their own medical team.

To answer sigesige, I'm sure that clubs are not allowed to withhold players from national team squads (I'm not sure of the official rule though) but managers can always request that their players aren't chosen for particular reasons. As I said though, the national team can call them up and make their own decisions.

I saw this comment somewhere, forget exactly where. As this farce drags out longer and longer, won't the SPL/SFSA have to do something as they must announce fixtures in plenty of time. I know it's still just May but they're talking about this going on into July and who knows if even then it will be sorted out.

Instead of delaying (which the SPL certainly are, looking for a newco they can invite back in) just declare a team must apply by a certain date (e.g. start of July) and if no result by then just expel them from the SFA. This would force the hand of the folk involved to come to a resolution (I wouldn't really expect it to come to expulsion). Of course the bodies involved are scared to do this but I'm beginning to think not doing something like this could end up causing all sorts of problems in getting fixtures organised in time.

Fixutres are due out mid June. If as is likely HMRC refuse a CVA then it can be dragged out forever.

Safest option is to declare the dual contract/EBT investigation ASAP and boot them out the league. Everyone moves one place up (woohoo 5th :P) and a new club is admitted to Division 3. Whether thats newRangers or Spartans or whoever it doesnt matter the process needs to be started now.

Amazing how some of the most rabid pro-Rangers media are now starting to crawl under rocks as they are beginning to realise this is the end game. 5 years ago most of us would never have heard about a lot of this. Forums, Twitter etc have made it much easier for people to get their hands on information and form a relatively informed opinion on things , Pity that our idiot media have only just got this idea of using Google :D

Fixutres are due out mid June. If as is likely HMRC refuse a CVA then it can be dragged out forever.

Safest option is to declare the dual contract/EBT investigation ASAP and boot them out the league. Everyone moves one place up (woohoo 5th :P) and a new club is admitted to Division 3. Whether thats newRangers or Spartans or whoever it doesnt matter the process needs to be started now.

Amazing how some of the most rabid pro-Rangers media are now starting to crawl under rocks as they are beginning to realise this is the end game. 5 years ago most of us would never have heard about a lot of this. Forums, Twitter etc have made it much easier for people to get their hands on information and form a relatively informed opinion on things , Pity that our idiot media have only just got this idea of using Google :D

Even with google you still have to ask the right questions. I think our idiot media (AKA H^ns with typewriters word processors) are incapable of thinking of any beyond "Rangers, why are we so good?"

Edited by Mr Bunny

The leagues will still issue the league fixtures however and just swap the fixture around so Rangers fixtures would be come Dundees , Dundee' SFL1 fixtures would be taken by the Div 2 play Off runners up fixtures and so on

Atleast thats what happened when we were shafted and when Livvy dropped to the 3rd

The leagues will still issue the league fixtures however and just swap the fixture around so Rangers fixtures would be come Dundees , Dundee' SFL1 fixtures would be taken by the Div 2 play Off runners up fixtures and so on

Atleast thats what happened when we were shafted and when Livvy dropped to the 3rd

If would be very difficult to schedule. You couldn't have the vacant team at home on the same day as Celtic (incase it is Rangers) or Dundee Utd (incase it is Dundee)

Will the club have any players picked for the national team?

Exactly. I reckon the current batch of Scottish internationalists at Ibrox, e.g. McGregor, Wallace and Naismith, will be offski sooner rather than later, as will some of the better youth players. They are pissing in the wind a bit with this one.

A bit like Elgin or Cl*de withdrawing players from Scotland squads.

They really are a dire collection of nefarious mutants.

I really don't know how you have managed to reach that conclusion, BJ ...

2hi2pfd.jpg

Exactly. I reckon the current batch of Scottish internationalists at Ibrox, e.g. McGregor, Wallace and Naismith, will be offski sooner rather than later, as will some of the better youth players. They are pissing in the wind a bit with this one.

I really don't know how you have managed to reach that conclusion, BJ ...

2hi2pfd.jpg

Excellent!

They really are a dire collection of nefarious mutants.

Take a bow sir, 'nefarious mutants' is an oustanding slur, I'm nicking that one!

I heard a cracking rumour yesterday about a story that the BBC are breaking on wednesday. The good lord just keeps giving.

Take a bow sir, 'nefarious mutants' is an oustanding slur, I'm nicking that one!

I heard a cracking rumour yesterday about a story that the BBC are breaking on wednesday. The good lord just keeps giving.

You are of course eminently welcome to share these intentionally pejorative words in the common cause, my good fellow Jag.

Heard that rumour too can only be because the BBC are going to broadcast something that will force their hand to release the information. Dongcaster would quite happily sit on the info if it meant Rangers getting back into the SPL via a newco.

Dongcaster is an absolute smug face tool and should be removed from dealing with the SPL ASAP. Firstly his ascertation that the clubs wanted a 10 team league (apart from the Infirm they didnt) and now this Newco is the same as a CVA bollocks he is peddling. Hes either got to have some horrible pictures of certain charmen in compromising positions or he really is a deluded twat.

Was told by someone today the decision on their 2nd contracts due on Wednesday and extra security been hired for both Hampden and Ibrox.

Then reading tonight about the SPL making their rules up again to suit themselves.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18148989

The thing is if they do this, it's surely open season for every SPL club with a big debt (and how many of them don't?) to go into liquidation and form newcos? Maybe this is why he thinks it will get a pass?

Sounds ideal from their point of view except why would anyone believe they can trust an SPL club to honour any debt in future? What would be to stop every club just piling up the debt and doing it all over again? After all, Dundee did.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Everyone should watch on Wednesday .... I have been by an insider that it's dynamite!

Refering to the law that says that the impact is in reverse correlation to the hype, I can't help thinking that tomorrow's documentary is going to be another rehash of stuff we already know. I hope I'm wrong, but my expectations are low.

Refering to the law that says that the impact is in reverse correlation to the hype, I can't help thinking that tomorrow's documentary is going to be another rehash of stuff we already know. I hope I'm wrong, but my expectations are low.

Was thinking that as well. However a lot of the stuff we know or suspect is web based patter. There's a lot more credence and a sort of finality when something goes to print in the broadsheets or commands airtime in council telly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18148818

Lots of info just released by BBC including list of players paid through EBT. A few names that mean a lot to Thistle fans including Christian Nerlinger (2 goals in 2002 semi final) and Pedro Mendes (winner in last min of ET in League Cup game) and I'm sure lots of others.