Rangers Fc- A Nation Mourns?

Milo

Anybody who's concerned for h u n employees, don't forget that many clubs, including our own, have shrunk, and employees have lost jobs, in no small part to the h u n s financial cheating over the years, as this has allowed them to buy players that they can't afford. And along with their other half, they have continually sucked up the vast majority of any wealth that the game generates. And do they or their fans care about any other club?

Not an iota of sympathy from me for anybody who has anything whatsoever to do with them.

Edited by Jaggernaut

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was an absolutely hilarious thread started on a Rangers forum a few years ago when a group of them were talking about organising a demo outside BBC Scotland's Pacific Quay headquarters because the H word was used by a character on Rab C Nesbitt!

:D

And talking of Nesbitts. There was that thread (highlighted here or on a previous jags one) on that other august online forum Follow Follow about actor James Nesbitt. Was he a true & loyal Ulsterman? Or did as his first name suggest he dwell on the other side of the fence? General opinion reckoned the former and thus "he's a no bad actor". Then some poster bringing the thread back into the football domain pointed out Nesbitt's affinity for Man Utd. That swung opinion about the now referred to "overrated ham" the other way.

I left the thread with the posters in tenterhooks awaiting the arrival of someone like Wee Sammy from Ballymena who'd settle this issue of far reaching importance once and for all.

It must be galling for so many rangers fans having to have their website forums choked up with all this Blue Knight/liquidation patter. They must dream of a return to discussing issues purely of relevance to football.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Valid points Jim.

Maybe it is a case of those that went before Rangers should have punished more severely than they were, though to be fair, Livi were demoted to the Third Division, rather than Rangers being unfairly punished.

All I will say is that the next Club that goes into Administration, and there will be a next one, is in for one hell of a hard time.

Also none of these clubs operated a 2 contract scheme, which is illegal under football rules, this and the arrogance of firstly for every £5 Celtic spend we will spend £10 for the great saviour Murray, when asked to dig deep through a share drive they could only muster £250,000 (Less than save the jags if i remember right) as Murray had loads of cash, when Murray pulls out he's the bad man, cause Whyte is the new saviour and BBC are evil for trying to get to the truth, now he's the bad man and the SFA are out to get them, heads in the sand from everyone at the "Big Hoose" for years and are sounding as paranoid as Celtic.

I seem to have difficulty trying to keep up with this but Rangers didnt pay there bills and went into administration -so did Motherwell ,Livvy (twice) ,Falkirk and Dundee (twice) -what is it that they have done differently from the others to justify a transfer embargo -its a geniune question ,also how much differently did Whyte act from say Boyle at Motherwell to justify a life ban -Im I missing something here.

They all cheat by using other peoples money to fund there Clubs and deserve draconian punishment BUT I cant get my head round what it is that Whyte has done different from the rest -can someone explian.

And before anyone accuses me of being a closet H*n Motherwell and Dundee directly impacted on PTFC ,Falkirk gained promotion and a new Stadium after a CVA ie by not paying people ,Livvy funded a Youth Structure we would give our right arm for by not paying people and going into admin- so why were they not all punished in a similiar vain to Rangers and Whyte ?

*sob* *wail* leave rangers alone !!!!! *sob* *wail*

Also none of these clubs operated a 2 contract scheme, which is illegal under football rules, this and the arrogance of firstly for every £5 Celtic spend we will spend £10 for the great saviour Murray, when asked to dig deep through a share drive they could only muster £250,000 (Less than save the jags if i remember right) as Murray had loads of cash, when Murray pulls out he's the bad man, cause Whyte is the new saviour and BBC are evil for trying to get to the truth, now he's the bad man and the SFA are out to get them, heads in the sand from everyone at the "Big Hoose" for years and are sounding as paranoid as Celtic.

But the allegation of two contracts has not been proven as yet so thats not the reason PLUS if it is proven Campbell Ogilvie would have resigned as he was the Rangers Club Sec whose specific job it is to register players -so we still do not know why Rangers are getting a different punishment for those in the past.

But the allegation of two contracts has not been proven as yet so thats not the reason PLUS if it is proven Campbell Ogilvie would have resigned as he was the Rangers Club Sec whose specific job it is to register players -so we still do not know why Rangers are getting a different punishment for those in the past.

It's cos no-one likes them. There's now a conspiracy against them, devised by the Vatican and implemented, through the Catholic School system in Scotland, by Neil Lennon.

They made a £2M profit on Jelavic but still havent paid £1M to Rapid Vienna.

Lee Wallace was in their side at Tynecastle on Sat but they still havent paid Hearts over £800K they owe for him.

If anything, I reckon they got off lightly with a 1 year transfer ban.

The two contracts is proven and admitted by RFC as being against SFA and SPL rules (this is probably the bringing the game into disrepute which resulted in the transfer embargo). What is not proven is whether it was legitimate tax avoidance (as claimed by RFC) or illegal tax evasion (as claimed by HMRC)

Sympathy? Gies peace!

I'm loving every minute of their crisis and long may it continue. You have to laugh at their knuckledragging fans in the paper today. The likes of that vile, bigoted little slug Mark Dingwall, bleating on about how the whole country is out to get them and we're all kicking them while they're down.

For years we've had to endure endless gloating and sneering from the blue scum. They've lorded it over the rest of the country for years, spent millions on players they could never afford and stole the best players from provincial clubs for pennies. They are absolute scum and they deserve everything they get and more.

They were well warned about Craig Whyte, but the BBC's documentary was dismissed as "anti-Rangers propoganda" from the "anti-Rangers media". Hell mend them.

Also, they are saying that everyone in Scottish football is against them. Since when have Rangers ever gave a **** about the wider issues of our game? They've never hid their desire to leave for another country, blaming the rest of the clubs from holding them back, and where were they when the likes of Gretna, Clydebank and Airdrieonians were on the brink of liquidation? Now all of a sudden, we're to feel sorry for them.

The only negative I can think of with regards to this situation, is the sickening gloating from their odious pals from the East End. Another club who have and continue to live outwith their means, pissing all over the rest of Scottish football as they go.

Let's all have a party when Rangers die.

The rumour mill is going ape this week. The latest is that a 'liquidator is to be appointed'. Not sure that'll happen - if at all - until after the handbags at Celtic Park this weekend.

As to what Rangers fans are saying, well, their blood's up and they're reacting much the same we as we have over the years. Like Tom above, I say hell mend them. I have to wonder out loud about the wisdom of the SFA slapping a club that could be £134million in the hole with an immediate fine of £160,000.

Mind you, that £160,000 is probably the least of their worries. Nice of the Unwashed to try and turn it into a propaganda coup worthy of Joe Goebbels.

Edited by McKennan

Anyone remember Jim Traynor havimg a go at Thistle back in 98? Along lines of if Thistle went bust, who would miss them, who would care?

The guy is a joke, shows more concern for Govan Ostriches than his own club when it went tits up. Someone should challenge him on his blinkered defence of ra peepul.

FtOF! ...and shit Scottish journalists and their bird tray liner copy......

I ask myself "what is Rangers 'Football Club' in its purest essence as an organisation?" Is it more than 50% essentially a football club ie concerned with football activities, or is it, for the most part, a static congregation of individuals whose primary purpose, in 'supporting' the club, is to 'establish' some sort of institutional/social/political/genetic primacy over catholics, generally?

In my view RFC is, organically, a mass of bigots whose purpose in life is more to do with attacking those of a Roman Catholic persuasion; and that these moronic hordes utilise RFC as a vehicle to display their 'inherent superiority'.

So in that case, the current case is equivalent to having your house overrun with rodents and calling in Rentokil to come and kill them for you. Nobody would mourn the demise of scores of rats in their house, so I feel nothing for the demise of that wretched institution. I'd be happy to sacrifice my settee to see the back of the rats' nests within it.

Fuc* them!

Jim

If you seriously think that the two contract "scam" is not the case then you will be in for a shock! The number of players who were benefitting from EBTs is potentially 75!! That doesnt include the staff - whatever penalties they have been hit with so far will pale into total insignificance by the time that the FTT rules and highlites all their errors - the SPL and SFA will have little option but to act on that - I will be shocked if they do not have their membership of both suspended

In my view RFC is, organically, a mass of bigots whose purpose in life is more to do with attacking those of a Roman Catholic persuasion; and that these moronic hordes utilise RFC as a vehicle to display their 'inherent superiority'.

That's happened on the Jags forums/fora that preceded this one. The impoverished aristocrats of Scottish football are not above a little taig baiting.

I don't know if this is news to anybody, but they're apparently staging a 'HAMPDEN PROTEST': a 'call to arms' this Saturday! What, precisely, they intend to do when assembled is anybody's guess.

From the info I've received via a h un pal, it has nefarious overtones. Maybe they're planning to tan a payphone or something. :unknw:

I don't know if this is news to anybody, but they're apparently staging a 'HAMPDEN PROTEST': a 'call to arms' this Saturday! What, precisely, they intend to do when assembled is anybody's guess.

From the info I've received via a h un pal, it has nefarious overtones. Maybe they're planning to tan a payphone or something. :unknw:

I hope they go ahead with this, I have no doubt there will be so many knuckledraggers in one place, all feeling 'victimised' and all 'pumped up' that it's a recipe for disaster. Id expect them to start fighting with themselves.

BTW, have you seen the flyer going round about this? Comedy gold :lol:

Edited by Steven H

I hope they go ahead with this, I have no doubt there will be so many knuckledraggers in one place, all feeling 'victimised' and all 'pumped up' that it's a recipe for disaster. Id expect them to start fighting with themselves.

BTW, have you seen the flyer going round about this? Comedy gold :lol:

I haven't seen the flyer, Steven, but I don't think my sides could take it if I was to come across it. My GP would recommend no such further comedy gold as it would threaten the stitches which are just about holding my sides together as things are.

Serious question and it's a what do you think will happen if (rather than a what would you like to see happen if)

A rangers newco does apply to join the SFL 3rd Div. In one of his less clownish moments Longmuir says they'd be welcome to apply and I think we can assume they'd be, on SFL criteria accepted, placed ahead of say Cove Rangers or Spartans. Also assuming the current lot see out the season before going bust Dunfermline as it stands will be relegated. Obviously to create room for rangers newco the 2nd placed in SFL will be promoted (as Longmuir more or less confirms) but that's presuming the SPL will proceed with the status quo.

So after that long winded intro, here's the question.....

Given the above scenario do you think the SPL, minus one arse cheek, will still operate the same 38 game 6/6 split competition?

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett