Pre Season Fixtures?

uberteeb

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Away to fleetwood, or some diddy team down near Blackpool. Some rollercoasters in the morning, a wee snooze at the football & the delightful nightclubs of Blackpool at night!

Hear hear. And possibly a fixture against a 'Blackpool XI'?

Other teams not a million miles away include Lancaster, Chorley, AFC Fylde and Bamber Bridge.

AFC Fylde (about 8 miles from here) have just won the Evostik Northern Premier League with Lancaster finishing 6th and Bamber Bridge (Preston) in 10th spot. All of these are within no more than 35/40 minutes from Blackpool.

Come on Thistle, let's have you back down here pronto!

If we sign the buy from Annan maybe a wee trip to their preseason tournament ? I know we were meant to go a couple of seasons back till we drew them in the cup.

Weekend on the sauce in Annan could be a good laugh :D

If we sign the buy from Annan maybe a wee trip to their preseason tournament ? I know we were meant to go a couple of seasons back till we drew them in the cup.

Weekend on the sauce in Annan could be a good laugh :D

Aye, I'd be well up for that. There's always a pre-season tournament in Oban too.

Northern Ireland is a wonderful place. Would love to go back for pre-season.

I doubt that we could afford a trip to Northern Ireland. A return game with Fleetwood, promoted to the Football League as Conference champions, would be my choice. A warm up with AFC Fylde, near Lytham, would be ideal.

I doubt that we could afford a trip to Northern Ireland. A return game with Fleetwood, promoted to the Football League as Conference champions, would be my choice. A warm up with AFC Fylde, near Lytham, would be ideal.

I like the idea of Fleetwood Town, a day out to the fylde coast

Don't ever call them "the 'tic" on here again please. People will talk. Soapdodgers or plastic paddies will suffice. We don't want a Rangers-Linfield type relationship with they scumbags. Take their giros every so often by all means.

Back on topic, I've heard from someone within the club that we've got a home friendly against one of the Old Firm, a friendly in England and a decent English side want to play us at Firhill.

Back on topic, I've heard from someone within the club that we've got a home friendly against one of the Old Firm, a friendly in England and a decent English side want to play us at Firhill.

Is it the TIM Malloys :P The rangers are unlikely to be around.....

Is it the TIM Malloys :P The rangers are unlikely to be around.....

Maybees aye, maybees naw .... but we're unlikely to be arranging a fixture with a team who may not exist in a month's time or if they do will have completely different owners and be a new club with a new name (so no longer 'old firm' - do we call them the 'new firm', the new-new firm (to avoid confusion with the old new firm) or the new-old firm, or old-new firm???) and so can't be organising any proper friendly games that far ahead.

Maybees aye, maybees naw .... but we're unlikely to be arranging a fixture with a team who may not exist in a month's time or if they do will have completely different owners and be a new club with a new name (so no longer 'old firm' - do we call them the 'new firm', the new-new firm (to avoid confusion with the old new firm) or the new-old firm, or old-new firm???) and so can't be organising any proper friendly games that far ahead.

The Infirm.