Meet The Board Night

Dark Passenger

How would we go about arranging such an event should it become clear that plans are afoot to place Newco into Division One/SPL2? Via One Thistle perhaps? I'd like to think that having put his thoughts into the public domain that Mr Beattie and his fellow directors would be willing to engage the fans on this issue. Debating it on the internet and issuing comments via the press is one thing, fronting up to the support face-to-face is quite another.

Beattie will have no part of this now until the decision is made I expect. He'll know by now the fans views by the amount of correspondence that he will more than likely have received through his email inbox!

Ian Maxwell has disappeared off Twitter the last few days also which is unusual for him.

The board know the feelings of the fans, they won't want a 'Meet the Board' where they might have to answer some challenging questions from supporters before any decision on this Newco is made.

The fact that we don't have a supporters organisation should be noted. Argued often enough about changing the Jags Trust from within rather than sniping at it from outside. This is just the sort of occasion that it could have been of use.

In answer to DP I think it'll be very difficult to arrange out of season even if we did have an organisation.

All clubs fans should take to the streets in a public show of defiance to placing toxic SPL waste in our div.Everyone except Newco feels the same way so lets stop this happening.

That might not be a bad shout if enough fans from enough teams are prepared to get involved. Would take a lot of organising but that could be shared out by a few fans from each club. Hampden would be the obvious focal point, perhaps a 'march' of the peaceful (and non religious) persuasion would have maximum impact. But then, that might lead to all sorts of hassle as the knuckledraggers will be out in force on the opposite side of the fence.

How would we go about arranging such an event should it become clear that plans are afoot to place Newco into Division One/SPL2? Via One Thistle perhaps? I'd like to think that having put his thoughts into the public domain that Mr Beattie and his fellow directors would be willing to engage the fans on this issue. Debating it on the internet and issuing comments via the press is one thing, fronting up to the support face-to-face is quite another.

Great idea, though the great and the good would have to deign to speak to us when our blood's up. Anticipate a bit of badly-concealed stage management and arm-twisting on the night. Maybe a few friendly questions for asking printed up and handed out to the more malleable.

I think the issue is currently there is no decision to make- so we would be having a meeting on a hypothetical position -HOWEVER if it develops into a real decision onethistle are responsible for fan communications and yes they would be pushing for a meet the Board night (and more) in this instance.

If there is a possibility, I would like to this happen as soon as possible.

One Thistle team? Can you approach the BoD.

Currently there is nothing to discuss - the meeting next week is to brief the SFL Clubs everything else is reports from Newspapers -until there is something firm to vote on then a meeting is a bit pointless.

The Club are obviously aware that a significant number of fans are opposed to Rangers in the SFL so a meeting would only be a repeat of this position.

As stated previously onethistle have offered to support the Club in its efforts to communicate with the fans if they have to vote on Rangers entering the SFL ,we stand ready and waiting if our services are required.

Currently there is nothing to discuss - the meeting next week is to brief the SFL Clubs everything else is reports from Newspapers -until there is something firm to vote on then a meeting is a bit pointless.

The Club are obviously aware that a significant number of fans are opposed to Rangers in the SFL so a meeting would only be a repeat of this position.

As stated previously onethistle have offered to support the Club in its efforts to communicate with the fans if they have to vote on Rangers entering the SFL ,we stand ready and waiting if our services are required.

When you say 'if', do you mean if it goes to the vote or do you mean if the BOD ask you?

As for nothing to discuss, the document up for discussion is out in the public domain now & I would li,e to hear what the CUSTODIANS of our club think about it.

The Club are obviously aware that a significant number of fans are opposed to Rangers in the SFL so a meeting would only be a repeat of this position.s are required.

A significant number? Have you met or heard from anyone who is not opposed? Let's not beat about the bush here, the significant number must be pushing 100%—from all clubs' supporters.

Given the latest reports, including the bribery and blackmail, opposition will only strengthen. It's untenable to 'wait and see', that's a Jags Trust trait that I don't want to see the mysterious OneThistle team adopt.

Act now, or at least have the balls to say that you're not going to act at all.

When you say 'if', do you mean if it goes to the vote or do you mean if the BOD ask you?

As for nothing to discuss, the document up for discussion is out in the public domain now & I would li,e to hear what the CUSTODIANS of our club think about it.

Totally agree. Why are we holding back when nearly 50% of Div 1 chairmen have said its a definite NO. Our chairmans comments to the press last Friday, which caused me to ask all the posters on here what they felt about his comments and to be honest I thought there would be plenty handing out stick as I made it clear that me and my family would never set foot inside Firhill again if the Southside Knuckledraggers were put in the 2nd tier has amazed me. I was expecting the "your not a real supporter" "the club will carry on without you" etc etc comments. Its been a priviledge for over 50 years, to follow a club like ours , a club that stands for all that is right in Scottish Football, a club that doesnt rely on bigotry to boost its support, a club that plays by the rules. Dont flush that proud history down the pan for 30 pieces of silver Mr Beattie. Please come out today and give us the words we want to hear from our club

NO TO NEWCO IN SCOTLANDS 2ND TIER

Edited by Lindau

Celtic fan in work just said to me about the pre seasn tournament. How many Celtic fans will come along to that if we vote for Newco RFC to enter into our league? I'm sure the board have already calculated 'x' thousand fans at £25 each for pre season. Another thing to take into consideration I'd say!

Whilst I'm on, could someone from Onethistle team confirm that they stil feel there is nothing up for discussion?

&

What is the situation with the board re them feeding back with fans opinions about Newco? Have they (BOD) said they'll listen & take it forward as the decision made by the club or is it Onethistle offering their services to the BOD but no actual guarantee fans opinions will be listened to?

Thanks in advance.

With the Trust being the proverbial 'Deid Duck', are the onethistle group already gone same way?

Anyone on this forum with connections to them (as they seem to at least have some dialogue with our BOD) & ask if they (onethistle & our BOD) still think nothing to discuss? Are they the same people?

Obviously Raith, Dunfermline, Falkirk fan groups and BODs don't think same way!

Edited by Trotter

Currently there is nothing to discuss, until there is something firm to vote on then a meeting is a bit pointless. The Club are obviously aware that a significant number of fans are opposed to Rangers in the SFL so a meeting would only be a repeat of this position.
I disagree. As I've said elsewhere, the board don't have to comment on specific proposals. A simple "having listened to the views of our fans, we cannot support any plan to admit Newco to the second tier of Scottish football" will do. Edited by Dark Passenger