Is This What's Being Said On Here....

London Exile

That if the, ahem, gentlemen in charge of Scottish Football somehow engineer the Newcos admittance into Division One that a considerable number of people on this website would rather see our club go out of existence?

If, and it's still only an if, the newco is shoehorned into Division One it's a fair bet that they'll be here for a season or maybe two at most before either promotion or the, ahem, gentlemen that run Scottish Football engineer their return to the SPL some other way that stinks.

But what of Thistle? No season ticket money, no fans. No club.

So the Scenario is, in the year 2013 we have a team called rangers in the SPL, and a team called Partick Thistle in the history books.

Really?

Looks like there have been enough e-mails and noise for the Board to be aware of the anger with what's being proposed,but for the love of God, could those of you considering punishing Partick Thistle Football Club for something that may happen regardless of how the Board thinks or votes, please, please re-consider.

Again, 2013..rangers in the SPL, Partick Thistle in the History books. Is that what we really want?

Andy Stevenson, a Partick Thisle supporter since 1964

That if the, ahem, gentlemen in charge of Scottish Football somehow engineer the Newcos admittance into Division One that a considerable number of people on this website would rather see our club go out of existence?

If, and it's still only an if, the newco is shoehorned into Division One it's a fair bet that they'll be here for a season or maybe two at most before either promotion or the, ahem, gentlemen that run Scottish Football engineer their return to the SPL some other way that stinks.

So the Scenario is, in the year 2013 we have a team called rangers in the SPL, and a team called Partick Thistle in the history books.

Really?

Looks like there have been enough e-mails and noise for the Board to be aware of the anger with what's being proposed,but for the love of God, could those of you considering punishing Partick Thistle Football Club for something that may happen regardless of how the Board thinks or votes, please, please re-consider.

Again, 2013..rangers in the SPL, Partick Thistle in the History books. Is that what we really want?

Good post.

Really?

If there is a vote and Thistle vote NO then I will keep my season ticket and attend home games regardless of the overall result. I will also happily visit any other club, eg Falkirk, who votes NO. I will not set foot inside Firhill or the ground of any other club who takes their 30 pieces of silver. I feel very strongly about this and will not support any club who allows corruption of this level.

If Partick Thistle cant say no to newco then i cant support Partick Thistle. IF thistle say no and we get stuck with them anyway i will continue to support the club. Again if thistle cant see the wrong in this then maybe Partick thistle don`t stand for what i thought they did. My daughter is 4 and due to come to Firhill with me and i will not bring her up to support and be proud of something that does not stand up to bullies.

In everything that we do, football must always be the first and most important element that we take into consideration. Football is a game before being a product, a sport before being a market, a show before being a business.

Darren Gray jags fan since 1988

Yes, that's what a lot of people are arguing.

It's not unanimous, but does seem to be widly held. For many again, it's irrelevant whether it's imposed on us or whether we support.

Personally, I'll continue to support my club - we've been shafted before worse than this. But I do understand those that can't support any more, and hope and expect to receive similar respect back for carrying on with our support. As someone posted earlier, everyone does have a line they won't cross...

Really?

Respect your opinion but don't agree.

If we vote "YES" then we are basically saying sporting integrity is not important in this game and money is far more important.

I can understand the club need to make the books balance but we do not need to sacrifice basic values and principles in order to do that.

If the club say "YES" we become the club that said yes and people will remember that and possibly boycott us.

If the club say "YES" then I wont go back to Filhill. The club wont receive a penny from me.

If the club say "no" then I shall buy my season ticket at the end of July as planned.

It's not about making the club enter the history books, it's not about punishing the club, what it is about is making our voice heard - we the fans - the customers who work hard and spend their money at Thistle - it is about showing that we will not be bullied or tempted into anything that we are offered to take Sevco into the 1st division.

Play offs, bigger league, more money - things we all want but that should not come at the price of sporting integrity.

We need to make more noise not less - we need the board to hear that is it "No to Newco or we wont be back"!!

Louise

Partick Thistle fan since the day she got dragged along - loved the cheese and onion pie so went back and then found a love for the JAGS!

Agreed, I will never criticise anyone that goes back to Firhill if all this turns out for the worst. I love the club, I have been at every European home game the club has ever played, so this is not an easy decision for me and my family to make, but we have made our minds up...NEWCO in the 2nd tier and we are finished with football in this bigotted little country of ours for ever! I can never be part of a rigged competition. What next...if NEWCO finish 7th in the 2nd tier next season will there be play offs including the top7 clubs and the team finishing 2nd bottom of the SPHell.....honestly thats what it will come to. Be as well going to see the WWE at Braehead!!

Edited by Lindau

..if thistle cant see the wrong in this then maybe Partick thistle don`t stand for what i thought they did.

Exactly this. I don't support Thistle because of our religious background. I don't support Thistle because 'winning is everything'. I support Thistle because it makes me proud to be part of something more important - community, history, integrity. If Partick Thistle decide to move to Cambuslang and play in purple and pink, then I doubt I would continue to support them. If Partick Thistle decide that money is more important than sporting integrity, and squeal for the short term dollar, then likewise, they aren't the club I wish to follow.

I've been going since 1993, if that's something that makes a difference.

Edited by Craig-W

If Thistle vote yes, I will not return until the culprit(s) who cast the vote were gone.

The whole game is a disgrace just now. I'd love us to win the league this year and tell the SPL to stick their promotion up their ******* arse.

If Thistle vote NO then no harm no foul, in theory I will still be there as usual and nothing really changes. Here's where I struggle though, if the plans still go through despite us voting NO, right now I'm saying I'm out. So, what do I do on a Saturday? Probably go to the Jags game...principles right oot the windae. It would be tough to walk away from Thistle if we vote YES but it would be even tougher if we vote NO. If we vote no to Newco in SFL1 how could we then accept an invitation into a SPL2 without compromising ourselves in the same way if we had voted YES? If we can't accept an invitation into SPL2 for the reasons we all want us to vote NO to Newco in SFL1, what becomes of us? Languishing in the 3rd tier of Scottish football forever? That's the bit that's got me really angry today, and I see no way out of it unless ALL SFL clubs vote NO to Newco in SFL1 and ALL SFL clubs knock back any invitation to SPL2 (and I can't see that happening. :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

Edited by Steven H

Saw a post on Twitter earlier which said that the authorities were bending over backwards to save one club whilst possibly killing off many more. That's the reality of it. Not saying I'm not ever going back or indeed not go next season but 100% won't make my usual Season Ticket 'donation'.

Season Ticket Holder since 1987 when Molly Stallon used to grab the nearest player & tell them they had to give us a tour of the ground!

just when things seem to be on the up for our club all this sh..t happens

which is no fault of our club but now we're all dragged in. we were shafted by

the spl years ago now it looks as if its happening again.love the club too much

not to go,but i can understand why some jags fans might not return.lets hope they

start in div 3 or just keep them in the bloody spl so that normal fans can just get

on with it.

I'll still go whatever happens to be honest although I've not had a season ticket for years and I was only at around 10 league games last year anyways so will pick and choose my games. it will be sickening if they end up in the first division but the only consolation is it will give us a few games with a bit of atmosphere and two trips to ibrox instead of either dungfermline or dungdee. looking at the 13 who turned up for training today they will need a ******* miracle to get promoted but the rules will be changed next year to accomodate them anyways, we're aswell as taking the quick buck and finishing in the top 4 this year then the league gets redeveloped to a 16 team spl and we're in it next year.

edit to add: the away attendances at firhill are rank rotten, 25% of thos who attend probably get in for free being under 16 so if other fans boycott us we wont miss anything with this supposed extra money we will be getting, the more I type the more im convincing myself we should just accept it cos its going to happen!

NO TO NEWCO!!!

Edited by jags on tour

I see they didn't mention the bit about Newco felding 14 players at a time and the other teams being capped at 8. They don't want to take any risks, you know .....

I have faith that our board (and all the other SFL clubs) will do the right thing. As I've said before, if they don't I won't be back. When I was a little kid I used to love wrestling - until the day I was told it was rigged. I've never watched it since, so why on earth would I want to see Thistle participate in a similar farce ?

I've always thought that we were an honest club, and did what was right. I hope that faith has not been mis-placed.

Would still go to Firhill. Not soo sure about away games. Certainly wouldnt go to any game involving sevco or those that vote for them.

I'm sure you're not alone there. Only thing is can we expect Falkirk, Raith and Morton fans to turn up at our midden? So newco come along and fill a stand a couple of times in the season but we can say goodbye to other clubs fans coming in numbers.

Put sporting integrity aside for a moment, considering the baggage newco would bring I don't even think the commercial benefits would be that rosy,

This isn't about punishing Thistle, or other clubs.

Nor is it about boycotting Thistle, or other clubs.

The simple fact is, if the rules are bent out of shape so egregiously to benefit one club, football is DEAD.

What's the effing point of going? So what if there's no Thistle by 2013 in the OPs scenario - what exactly would we be competing for anyway?

Celtic fan in work just said to me about the pre seasn tournament. How many Celtic fans will come along to that if we vote for Newco RFC to enter into our league? I'm sure the board have already calculated 'x' thousand fans at £25 each for pre season. Another thing to take into consideration I'd say!

Whilst I'm on, could someone from Onethistle team confirm that they stil feel there is nothing up for discussion?

&

What is the situation with the board re them feeding back with fans opinions about Newco? Have they (BOD) said they'll listen & take it forward as the decision made by the club or is it Onethistle offering their services to the BOD but no actual guarantee fans opinions will be listened to?

Thanks in advance.