5.Rangers terminated or suspended

6.Rangers join the Goals 5 a side league

1. RANGERS STAY IN SPL

•Not an option

•SPL clubs have indicated no

3. RANGERS TO FIRST DIVISION

•Not an option

•SFL clubs have indicated no on same grounds as SPHell

•It is financially possible for the clubs in SFL1 to recover from this scenario as they have managed without SERVCO in this league in the past.

6. RANGERS apply for entry to the Goals 5 a side league

•Providing they have enough players

One would have more respect, not very much to be fair, if they had just said this whole proposal is just a not very sneaky method of appeasing the Currant Buns.

Was listening to Vialli on BBC after the Italy-Germany game stressing the importance of sporting integrity and this mob russle up a proposal thats worthy of a banana republic.

Then you remind yourself that Scottish football de facto has been run like a banana republic for donkey's years. Christ have this document had been written to piss of as many supporters in Scotland as possible a better job they couldn't have done.

Incidentally I always wrote my Celtic supporting mates claims of bias off as fantasy, but now I.m beginning to suspect they have a point.

One would have more respect, not very much to be fair, if they had just said this whole proposal is just a not very sneaky method of appeasing the Currant Buns.

Was listening to Vialli on BBC after the Italy-Germany game stressing the importance of sporting integrity and this mob russle up a proposal thats worthy of a banana republic.

Then you remind yourself that Scottish football de facto has been run like a banana republic for donkey's years. Christ have this document had been written to piss of as many supporters in Scotland as possible a better job they couldn't have done.

Incidentally I always wrote my Celtic supporting mates claims of bias off as fantasy, but now I.m beginning to suspect they have a point.

There is bias but extends to both the old firm in voting power and I have no doubt the same would happen if it had been Celtic in this position.

Edited by Jagsfan58

I might be wrong in this but could the document come under section 11 of fifa's code of ethics which outlines bribery

"officials are forbidden from bribing third parties or from urging or inciting others to do so in order to gain an advantage for themselves or third parties"

The document in my view is nothing more than a bribe to all sfl clubs.

Yup and it's a win win for the YES voters in the 1st, like Thistle.

If a no vote is successful, we break away with the other yes voters in SPL2.

Worst case scenario. If a yes vote wins for new co in the first, We aim for a top 4 playoff place, with more finance.

Let's face facts. Our board of directors will vote yes. Thistle are up to their eyeballs in this. Beattie's interviews last week read verbatim, today's press release... He actually says he wants thistle to be part of an SPL2.

Thistle are willing to break away from the SFL if a NO vote to new co in the 1st is successful.

Worst case scenario. If a yes vote wins for new co in the first, We aim for a top 4 playoff place, with more finance.

Let's face facts. Our board of directors will vote yes. Thistle are up to their eyeballs in this. Beattie's interviews last week read verbatim, today's press release... He actually says he wants thistle to be part of an SPL2.

Thistle are willing to break away from the SFL if a NO vote to new co in the 1st is successful.

What publication was this in?

Edited by MWM

What publication was this in?

Read his interviews in the press last week. I've linked them on the David Beattie thread.

Then read today's proposal the SPL/SFL have put to the SFL members today...

It's like he Has been in regular contact with SPL clubs, they are playing a game here.

Astonishing. It's so ridiculous that I can hardly believe it's for real.

I'm a confirmed "newco to Div 3, at best (for them)" but thought there was little danger of anything else. Now I'm not so sure. One thing would be sure though, and I've not actually thought this until right now,but if this gets allowed through, then I'm done with domestic football, unless we reject it and end up on the losing side,in which case I might just keep the faith, in Thistle, but even then.....

Despite the SFA involvement I would still support the national team, as I don't directly link the national team with the SFA, but I'd be unable to have an ounce of belief in the Scottish leagues again, ever.

The thing that also needs saying is that every Rangers fan I've spoken to wants to go to Div 3 too. Not that the guilty should get to choose their sentence, but it underlines that ALL FANS WANT NEWCO IN DIV 3 (at best). Without the fans we have no game, so that's all I need to weigh up.

The one doubt in my mind would be, would another bunch of people at the helm at Firhill have taken a different course? Whatever, I'd have lost interest by then, so those in charge right now have my future as a Jags fan in their hands,right now. Please Mr Beattie, don't let me down and force me to walk away forever, because I will. I mean it, and so do many others.

Is this the end, beautiful friend? Please, no.

Edited by beep0608

The document makes reference to the "settlement agreement"

2. RANGERS TO THIRD DIVISION

• The settlement agreement becomes a major risk

5. RANGERS TERMINATED OR SUSPENDED

• Settlement agreement is obliterated

I take it this settlement agreement is the one the original SPL clubs signed up to when they broke away from SFL? In turn for being "allowed" to leave the SFL without giving the required 2 years notice, this agreement spells out the money they need to give the SFL each year, plus agree to take the SFL champions if they met the required ground criteria (or if the SPL fancy ignoring them for a laugh).

If that is what it is, why on earth would the existence / league position of one club impact it? Is the inference that the SPL could "legally" rip it up or perhaps that the SPL would be too broke to pay it?

The document makes reference to the "settlement agreement"

2. RANGERS TO THIRD DIVISION

• The settlement agreement becomes a major risk

5. RANGERS TERMINATED OR SUSPENDED

• Settlement agreement is obliterated

I take it this settlement agreement is the one the original SPL clubs signed up to when they broke away from SFL? In turn for being "allowed" to leave the SFL without giving the required 2 years notice, this agreement spells out the money they need to give the SFL each year, plus agree to take the SFL champions if they met the required ground criteria (or if the SPL fancy ignoring them for a laugh).

If that is what it is, why on earth would the existence / league position of one club impact it? Is the inference that the SPL could "legally" rip it up or perhaps that the SPL would be too broke to pay it?

I read that as meaning we wouldn't get that payment because the SPL would be 'branching out' into SPL2 if the proposals dont get the go ahead for Newco into SFL1. They also mention that Newco in the SFL would prevent a split, ergo SPL breaking all ties with SFL once SPL2 is formed.

Surely there must be an element of this being against the law or certainly against EUFA/FIFA laws. Let me get this clear if 9 out of the 10 teams in Div 3 vote for this and everybody else rejects it, SPHell 2 will be made up of the likes of East Stiling, Queens Park, Annan NEWCO etc etc, while full time teams like ourselves, Morton, Raith Rovers Falkirk etc are consigned to the backwaters of Scottish football. If that is the case every club should challenge this through every available court. They are chancing their arm to save NEWCO. It cant be allowed to happen

I would think this could be challenged if any club had the balls to complain to UEFA/FIFA. I say that because the SFA seem to be complicit in this (then they have an ex-Rangers/EBT challenged guy in there don't they?) for they should be doing something about this. After all they claim they are a revival of Rangers - just see the comments by players who've stayed and by Green and M. Murray and so on. So they could be regarded as being responsible for football debt owed to the likes of Rapid Vienna (who must be keeping an eye on all this).

However, things will be clearer by the end of the day. Today is the day Green's Blueco has to submit SFA registration. (Funny how all this comes out the night before). I'm curious to see whether he can be bothered going through the motions of actually setting up the new club for real or whether he'll pull the plug now and sell what he has off.

Problem is it's not so clear what he really has. His plan may be, keep on pretending you're really interested in new Rangers and then flog it off to someone and shoot off. This may involve going through the motions with this new plan. However what happens if it comes out he doesn't really own anything or at least this is challenged in court?

The other thing I'm curious to see is if he will submit FULL accounts and all the other stuff that's required or whether the SFA will do another fix with this. Even if they do I would hope the SFL will want to see full accounts and evidence that Blueco are a viable proposition before even considering voting on letting them in.

The real joke in all this is our little gang of 3 (or is it 4?) seem intent in pushing through a fix which very possibly may blow up in everyone's face once the season gets underway. It's clear there's a lot more to come over Whyte and the validity of Green being sold the assets by D&P. It would be much safer (and keep more fans on board) if Blueco was allowed registration but suspended for a year with the tacit understanding that once reform of the leagues was complete - which could done more sensibly and without the upset of doing it in 3-4 weeks with a whole season to work in - they would be invited into SPL2.

Whatever team rises from the ashes of old Rangers will be a very much weakened team. It may in fact find it difficult to rise from whatever league/division it finds itself in. There's talk of big investment but if this was true, why aren't we seeing it now or at least evidence that it exists? Without this they are going to be severely handicapped because Ibrox is expensive to upkeep and there other overheads. Having a stronger squad than everyone else will be expensive and unless it's much more expensive there's no guarantee it will win promotion. This may mean much more investment than Green is willing to give without an immediate return.

And another thing the league starts in 6 weeks from tomorrow (for the 1st division anyway). Do they seriously think that with real discussions over this not starting for nearly another week they can argue over it, come to an agreement, implement a proper re-organisation, and then have all the clubs ready to go with the new set-up in 5 weeks or less? It's a recipe for disaster.

What will probably be suggested is: we'll give you reform of the leagues and some TV money BUT you accept Blueco into Div 1 right away. Then we'll argue over what the reforms will really be. Would you trust them to keep their word?

Edited by Mr Bunny

The USA have picked up on this ....

http://bleacherrepor...-wrestling-ring

Atleast someone can see this for what it is

Think that's just one guy with a kean interest in Scottish football, don't think it means more than a handful of guys over there notice us.

However, I'm copying the text and saving it because he answers many key points brilliantly and succinctly.

It may have been mentioned already, but the document says one benefit of putting newco into Div I is "Scottish Government remain committed to our community strategy".

Shona Robison, Minister for Public Health and Sport, has confirmed on Twitter that this support will continue whichever way the decision goes. Just one small, but telling example of the deceptions being perpetrated by these shameless liars.

After 20 years of following us, it looks like it's the end of the road for me too. If these proposals go through, I'll never go back to another Scottish game.

More trips to Upton Park for me then. At least I can get a pint in the ground there and not treated like shite by the stewards and police.

Gutted it's came to this.

It may have been mentioned already, but the document says one benefit of putting newco into Div I is "Scottish Government remain committed to our community strategy".

Shona Robison, Minister for Public Health and Sport, has confirmed on Twitter that this support will continue whichever way the decision goes. Just one small, but telling example of the deceptions being perpetrated by these shameless liars.

The document is chock full of lies and exaggerations. Unsurprisingly, none of the media guys reporting on it challenges any of the dubious and in some case downright mendacious statements in it.

This situation has actually not only confirmed what many thought about RFC/football Authorities/Scottish Media but shown it to be far worse than we suspected.