Queens On Tuesday

p12tfc

Cant see jackie making many changes for this one. Perhaps Balatoni in for Archie if 3 games in a week might be too much for him these days. Also jackie seems to hint at sinclair coming in but dont know if it will be a straight swap for bannigan or maybe push bannigan into midfield.

Either way hopefully we can keep the momentum going ahead of a difficult trip next weekend.

Anyone heard what the prices are on tuesday?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sinclair to come in for Bannigan.

Don't think jackie will take any risks if anybody has picked up a knock.

Think he will try to keep the same team as much as possible at this stage of the season.

I feel keeping the system we play more important than keeping the personnel. With an important game on Saturday I wouldn't be surprised to see at least three or four changes. Balatoni needs a game and Archie may need a rest. As said Sinclair for Bannigan and I could see Craigen with either Elliot or McGuigan getting a start. Could also see justification in playing Scully and if still got a future with us putting Campbell on the bench.

I feel keeping the system we play more important than keeping the personnel. With an important game on Saturday I wouldn't be surprised to see at least three or four changes. Balatoni needs a game and Archie may need a rest. As said Sinclair for Bannigan and I could see Craigen with either Elliot or McGuigan getting a start. Could also see justification in playing Scully and if still got a future with us putting Campbell on the bench.

I agree. Rotation is necessary to keep the squad fresh, match fit and reduce the risk of injuries to key players.

Would you choose Muirhead or Balatoni in Archie's position? If Sinclair comes in, Murray or Paton could be rested with Bannigan playing in midfield. Halsman may be given a chance too. Could we risk bring in Craigen, Elliot and McGuigan for Lawless, Doolan and Erskine?

The manager has some tough decisions to make, especially as the cash from a cup run could be used to strengthen the squad.

Edited by kni

Has anyone been to their social club? The last time I was there (pre-season friendly) I just went to the pub across the road from the South Stand (Beechwood I think it's called).

I was in it after their play-off against Stranraer - it was mobbed! Clockwork, Beechwood or Montford may be better shouts (or the Old Smiddy in Cathcart for the more adventurous).

Has anyone been to their social club? The last time I was there (pre-season friendly) I just went to the pub across the road from the South Stand (Beechwood I think it's called).

I've been a member for about 6/7 years, it's great for Scotland games but I'm not sure how a crowd of Jags fans rolling in for a competitive game against QP would be greeted by the regulars! If/when we get back to Hampden for a big game I'd try to book one of the rooms for a Jags pre and post game party.

I've been a member for about 6/7 years, it's great for Scotland games but I'm not sure how a crowd of Jags fans rolling in for a competitive game against QP would be greeted by the regulars! If/when we get back to Hampden for a big game I'd try to book one of the rooms for a Jags pre and post game party.

A Queen's fan has posted on pie and bovril that the club will be open for everyone. It opens at 5pm.

As far as the pubs mentioned go, I'd far rather go to the Clockwork than the Beechwood or the Montford although it isn't the cheapest. I haven't been in the Old Smiddy but I've driven past it and it looks decent.

I'm wondering this as well. I'm coming from Stirling and will be tight for time so this would be ideal...

Any ideas anyone?

Emailed QP about this and Christine the general manager says no parking restrictions and ample parking At hampden :) :) :) just gutted I can't get anyone to cover one of my contract hires or me and mini toaster would be coming along.

Edited by Toaster

Would expect a couple of changes from the team who played on Saturday. Sinclair will come in for Bannigan, I imagine, and I wouldn't be too surprised to see Archie and/or Shug drop out for a rest with Conrad and/or Craigen coming in.

Hoping for a decent run in this cup, however diddy some may consider it. Would be great to get to a final.