Just Out - East End Park 18/8/12

sandy

As you may have heard, onethistle have developed a draft Matchday Experience Strategy to help us make 'Firhill for Thrills' again. Over the next few home games, we plan to start implementing some simple ideas (e.g. customer service helpers) to ensure that fans of all ages are able to enjoy the atmosphere and see the game in comfort and safety.

One strand of our Strategy is to continue to learn from our own Away support about the best bits of their Matchday Experience outside Firhill. So for those 'Just In' posters later today, would you care to chuck a few comments down on this thread as to what you enjoyed most about East End Park today ?

Anything about the journey, pre-match activities, the ground, food, toilets, customer service, half-time entertainment etc...your feedback will help us develop our ideas for Firhill over the coming weeks and months.

Cheers, Sandy

Edited by sandy

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not about East End Park today but if there's anything I like about the away trip there I'll be sure to mention it however Queen's Park on Tuesday there and visiting the social club made me realise how the Aitken Suite could be improved in some way if the fans were involved (as it stands is it not the company that does the catering the runs it?). QP Social Club had reasonably priced beer and a decent selection including St Mungo on tap, Sky Sports, a pool table, quiz machine and seems to have something the Aitken Suite is lacking. I've read on here before that the costs involved rule out most things that would make the Aitken Suite more attractive to supporters but the fact Queen's Park can manage to run it and I imagine it cant be at a loss considering the level they operate at and the likes of Livi making a genuine effort to ensure their bar is used outwith matchdays made me think the Aitken Suite could be far busier if even just marketed a bit better. I'd quite happily give my money to the club for a few pints before the game if it was a decent place to drink.

One thing I like about Dunfermline today is the fact away fans have to get their tickets from a kiosk. The logistics of doing this at Firhill might be a bit more difficult but having away fans to go to the kiosk for a ticket out in the open air rather than a turnstile where the operator barely sees you can only cut down on the number of people getting in as a concession and losing the club money. I have a cheek to talk there since I chance it at nearly every away ground but when entry to u16s is free at Firhill those who do the same to us are ensuring the club makes absolutely no money from them at all. Queens clamped down on it last year and although it might have pissed off a few away fans I doubt it did to the extent they won't return and in the meantime it had a few paying the full adult price when they wouldn't have done.

I can tell you in advance the stewards at East End Park are ********* and are unquestionably the worst thing about going there. Not all Jags fans that go in will see the whole 90 minutes, stand up (even in the back row) for more than 10 seconds and prepare to get papped by a twat in a high vis jacket.

I can tell you in advance the stewards at East End Park are ********* and are unquestionably the worst thing about going there. Not all Jags fans that go in will see the whole 90 minutes, stand up (even in the back row) for more than 10 seconds and prepare to get papped by a twat in a high vis jacket.

uberteeb, I think I once witnessed you getting papped out undeserevedly. Heavy stewarding is an issue we want to address

i think we have all, at one time or another, seen uberteeb papped out of EEP. all unfairly. what will today be? :thinking: your potential fourth?

points of reference: uberteeb is not a troublemaker; the eep nazi stewards are beyond a joke, look at one of them wrong way, eat your bridie incorrectly, or walk too slow going for a jimmy riddle, and you are chastised and ejected; ITV as pointed out by Gordie is a quality tune, one of the few redeeming features of eep (especially now as they have dumped stephens bridies).

i propose we enmasse in a show of uberteeb unity, turn the east stand of eep into our north stand johnny lambie shed of colour, nonstop singing and standing for 90 minutes. lets see them try chuck out 1000 jags.

i think we have all, at one time or another, seen uberteeb papped out of EEP. all unfairly. what will today be? :thinking: your potential fourth?

points of reference: uberteeb is not a troublemaker; the eep nazi stewards are beyond a joke, look at one of them wrong way, eat your bridie incorrectly, or walk too slow going for a jimmy riddle, and you are chastised and ejected; ITV as pointed out by Gordie is a quality tune, one of the few redeeming features of eep (especially now as they have dumped stephens bridies).

i propose we enmasse in a show of uberteeb unity, turn the east stand of eep into our north stand johnny lambie shed of colour, nonstop singing and standing for 90 minutes. lets see them try chuck out 1000 jags.

Only twice. I wonder if they still have my photo up at the stewards pre-game meeting, "watch out for this one, he has previous for standing, shoot on sight" :frantic:

OMG, I'll be there today - so tempted to show that unity, I'll be papped out too !

Some good ideas already. We've been discussing the Aitken Suite funnily enough!

Isn't it a bit of a catch 22 tho'? You make it more of an attraction and the place would be far too busy to get served from 2pm-2.30pm. And before anyone says "well the Star, Munns and Woody can cope" you have to take into account the staff there by and large know the price of the drink in their heads saving one or two trips to the till. They can also by lay out and experience serve more than one person at a time and give preference to punters who've just walked in the door.

Re: The Aitken Suite, most social clubs run with volunteers manning the bar. If we could get a few volunteer bar staff who would enjoy being there on a Saturday pre/post game then that could help both with rapport, friendliness and speed of service.

Also, I see EEP have chucking out time at 2.45pm - this would be a big improvement at Firhill for the sake of 15 minutes.

And GPT, if you could make The Aitken Suite anything like The Brass Monkey then I'd be there pre-match every time! Any chance of franchising it?

I still think removing the crash barriers from the kiosks in the JH and trying to implement a new queueing system was one of the worst things we've done in recent years. The city end of the JH was particularly bad at the Falkirk game - many of us just gave up when the teams headed back out. It is no exaggeration to suggest that we would have missed at least 10-15 minutes of the second half had everybody who was in the queue stayed in the queue. I just don't see the same kind of situations occurring at away games.

I know Jim Alexander saw the situation at the city end of the JH, so hopefully something can get done about it, if it is within the remit of onethistle - it certainly affects the matchday experience.

If the Aitken suite stocks Budvar Half and Half I promise to buy four pints before every home game.

Haha. Nice beer. Problem with the Aitken Suite, I imagine, is the fact it's not used very often & therefore hard to justify good beers. Having said that, there are things you can do & if the potential is there I know people like West & Budvar would be happy to help.

Anyway, anything we can do to help we will.

no real problems or great experiences(apart from the win) from today, the Fife stewards seemed decent to me, they let fans put up a few flags at the bottom of the stand.at least our kiosk is right next to the entrance gates, although there were a few decent burds in the Dunfermline kiosk.

Like a mini beer fest at selected home games?

Something like that, yeah. Obviously there will always be a limit to what they can do thanks to the closing hours requirement of 2:30pm but if we used the Aitken Suite in such a way as to allow a local brewery to try a few things out and generate a bit of marketing all parties could benefit and it might make it a place worth going to pre-match.